Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Could a mediterranean alliance be a solution to "MerkelReich"?

Last Online
    02-16-2018 @ 10:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 15

0 Not allowed!

Unluckily I think that United Kingdom is too different, powerful and close to Usa to become an ally of Italy and Southern Europe against Germany, but I honestly admire the courage that the British people showed during the Brexit referendum. The strategic interests of France are completely different from those of Italy, if you consider that they have invaded Libia (to obtain the oil of Geddafi, an ally of Italian government) and abandoned Italy in the migrant crisis.

Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 03:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Français
    Ethnicity
    Français
    Ancestry
    Français
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Français
    Politics
    France
    Religion
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,481
    Given: 6,982

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teatisfilius View Post
    The strategic interests of France are completely different from those of Italy
    Nations have no friends, only interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You are correct when you talk about a "New German Empire", as today's Germany is becoming incredibly wealthy, and, together with China, is basically carrying the world economy. There is no chance for southern Europe to stand up to Germany and the EU, really. I think at this point, the most you can do is to make the best of a bad situation. Integrate more into the EU. What else is there? Don't become an enemy to Germany, that will be your end.
    There is no "German imperialism" or "Merkelreich" per se.
    The Germans just took advantage of a fantastic historical opportunity when their Eastern neighbours joined the EU. That way they got in their backyard lots of cheap subcontractors that allow Germany to export worldwide so-called 'Made in Germany' products that are actually Polish-, Czech, Romanian-made crap.
    This will last only for a while. At some point Eastern Europeans will become wary of contributing to German prosperity for much lower wages.
    Last edited by Ouistreham; 08-21-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzo View Post
    The inequality of, for example, Italy is not simply economic: at first is ethno-cultural, genetic, geographical etc. Italy is, for sure, a historical concept, born in the Roman era, but as we can see every day we are not a homogeneous country: I identify at least 6 ethnical areas, Lombardy, Venethia, Etruria, Ausonia, Enotria and Sardinia.
    Your "ancestors" (Garibaldi,...) have decided to unify a community under "a common destine", so you have to accept the consequences of their actions and help the region which became poorer after the Italian Unification, like Sicily or Campania. If you don't accept them, you can propose a secession.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouistreham View Post
    Nations have no friends, only interests.
    I know, but France and its president have not respected our interests. The European Union have imposed a single free market, but they nationalise their companies, when Finmeccanica is going to buy them. A lot of our companies have been absorbed by French multinationals, but our politicians couldn't do anything. Macron wants to become the closest ally of Angela Merkel, but the economic situation of France is really less prosperous than that of Germany.

Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 02:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,306
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Your "ancestors" (Garibaldi,...) have decided to unify a community under "a common destine", so you have to accept the consequences of their actions and help the region which become poorer after the Italian Unification, like Sicily or Campania. If you don't accept them, you can propose a secession.
    I don't give more importance at the economical question: I care about blood, soil, spirit. Italy is not the Italian Republic, or the Italian monarchy or again the Fascist Italy, in other words Italy is not the Italian state; it's a "multi-ethnic" reality with, for sure, an ancient common substratum but, since the pre-Roman era, we are different, plus 1500 years of political separation. Ethno-federalism is the best solution, and I think so for the other great historical realities of Europe.

Anyway, trust me: the economic gap between North and South is not a Risorgimento matter, is the product of centuries and centuries of culture and behaviors. Furthermore, the worst way for South Italy is centralism and welfarism because it need to walk with its own legs.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzo View Post
    I don't give more importance at the economical question: I care about blood, soil, spirit. Italy is not the Italian Republic, or the Italian monarchy or again the Fascist Italy, in other words Italy is not the Italian state; it's a "multi-ethnic" reality with, for sure, an ancient common substratum but, since the pre-Roman era, we are different, plus 1500 years of political separation. Ethno-federalism is the best solution, and I think so for the other great historical realities of Europe.

Anyway, trust me: the economic gap between North and South is not a Risorgimento matter, is the product of centuries and centuries of culture and behaviors. Furthermore, the worst way for South Italy is centralism and welfarism because it need to walk with its own legs.
    I can appear too materialistic, but the economy is very important, because poverty have caused a lot of suffernce in Southern Italy. I don't believe in phrases like "need to walk with its own legs", because a centralistic system would help us to fight against the interests of corrupt local politicians (consider the benefits of the Sicilian regional parliament) and develop our industry with investments.

I don't say that the gap is totally caused by unification, but the Italian monarchy showed a racist attitude toward us (which is dramatically similar to attitude of German of these days) and the end of Borbonic economy policy have caused a shock in our undeveloped economic system.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Français
    Ethnicity
    Français
    Ancestry
    Français
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Français
    Politics
    France
    Religion
    France
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I know, but France and its president have not respected our interests. The European Union have imposed a single free market, but they nationalise their companies, when Finmeccanica is going to buy them.
    This is a very specific case. The (State-owned) Finmeccanica company claimed 100% control over the French shipyards in Saint-Nazaire while at the same time opening a partnership with low-cost Chinese shipbuilders. The risk of seeing valuable know-how (especially in the military field) being moved to Asia was just too obvious.

A lot of our companies have been absorbed by French multinationals, but our politicians couldn't do anything.
    Thats' right.
    French companies are currently swallowing one after another Italian businesses in the banking, insurance, telecom, media and retailing sectors. But in those businesses the activity and the customer base are in Italy and cannot be moved elsewhere. The only risk is that profits, if any, will go to French shareholders. If Italian authorities want to prevent it, I won't object in any way.

Last Online
    02-05-2024 @ 02:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,306
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I can appear too materialistic, but the economy is very important, because poverty have caused a lot of suffernce in Southern Italy. I don't believe in phrases like "need to walk with its own legs", because a centralistic system would help us to fight against the interests of corrupt local politicians (consider the benefits of the Sicilian regional parliament) and develop our industry with investments.

I don't say that the gap is totally caused by unification, but the Italian monarchy showed a racist attitude toward us (which is dramatically similar to attitude of German of these days) and the end of Borbonic economy policy have caused a shock in our undeveloped economic system.
    The problem of Italy is its state, just a colony of Nato and the US without any kind of sovereignty. Btw Sicily and Sicilians lack auto-determination because the ongoing political changes of the past have disadvanteged people, unable to impose their own will. It's because of this that I'm saying that welfarism and centralism are a big mistake for Southerners.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouistreham View Post
    This is a very specific case. The (State-owned) Finmeccanica company claimed 100% control over the French shipyards in Saint-Nazaire while at the same time opening a partnership with low-cost Chinese shipbuilders. The risk of seeing valuable know-how (especially in the military field) being moved to Asia was just too obvious.

Thats' right.
    French companies are currently swallowing one after another Italian businesses in the banking, insurance, telecom, media and retailing sectors. But in those businesses the activity and the customer base are in Italy and cannot be moved elsewhere. The only risk is that profits, if any, will go to French shareholders. If Italian authorities want to prevent it, I won't object in any way.
    I don't think that the delocation and the the loss of profit are the only dangers for Italian businesses and I know that there was a specific agreement with your former president Hollande, which the new French government have decided not to respect. Did they justify this decision by the patnership with low-cost Chinese shipbuilders? I didn't know, because our media didn't say it. I will see.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Français
    Ethnicity
    Français
    Ancestry
    Français
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    Français
    Politics
    France
    Religion
    France
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    Italy and Spain have huge industry sectors. I think you're underestimating them.
    Right.
    In terms of industrial exports Italy is behind France but slightly ahead of the UK.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information