Banned
    Last Online
    12-17-2017 @ 02:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Austria and Poland, stemming originally from the Rhineland, and ultimately the Levant
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,508
    Given: 1,329

1 Not allowed!

Question Hallstatt Nordid Questions

Just two questions this time:

1) According to Coon, the Hallstatt Nordid type formed in its namesake culture, but did it really form before this, in say the Unetice culture, which is ancestral to Hallstatt? What made Coon think the Hallstatt type formed first specifically in the Hallstatt culture, basically.

and

2) Also according to Coon, "rufosity is virtually absent" from the Hallstatt Nordid type, yet (I believe) we now know that the Hallstatt culture belonged to R1b-U152, which would strongly indicate a large presence of red hair, as well as the fact that plenty of ancient paintings of pre-Roman Latin people (descendants of Hallstatts) with red-ish hair. Does this difference in pigmentation between the Hallstatt Nordids in Hallstatt and modern Hallstatt Nordids suggest a different origin for the two?

Thanks

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

2 Not allowed!

Default Hallstatt Nordid Questions

1) on Coon yes (Aunjetiz= Unetice)
    The Hallstatt crania from Austria, including those from the type site itself, form a reasonably homogeneous, entirely long-headed group. 16 (See Appendix I, col. 32.) This group is the legitimate, local successor to the Aunjetitz and like the latter it resembles the Danubian Neolithic series in many respects. In certain characters, however, it leans in a Corded direction, and these include a heightening of the orbits and a narrowing and lengthening of the nose. Certain of the individual crania are of definitely Corded type. Morphologically, as well as metrically, most of these skulls may without difficulty be designated as "Nordic"; the browridges are moderate, the foreheads moderately sloping, the occiputs protruding, the parietals flattened, the malars compressed, the mandibles deep. The stature was apparently moderately tall.
    2) Maybe he was referring to his modern Northern Hallstatt/Osterdahl type which opposed the Rufousity of his "Troender" .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Austria and Poland, stemming originally from the Rhineland, and ultimately the Levant
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Columella View Post
    1) on Coon yes (Aunjetiz= Unetice)

2) Maybe he was referring to his modern Northern Hallstatt/Osterdahl type which opposed the Rufousity of his "Troender" .

Great info, thanks.

Do you happen to know why he thinks the Hallstatt type originated with the Hallstatt culture and then migrated to Scandinavia, as opposed to Hallstatt developing independently in Scandinavia?

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Great info, thanks.

Do you happen to know why he thinks the Hallstatt type originated with the Hallstatt culture and then migrated to Scandinavia, as opposed to Hallstatt developing independently in Scandinavia?
    Probably because of his Hallstatt = Corded+ Danubian theory. It must have happened in Central Europe

I think that he sees Hallstatt spread in Scandinavia as part of the Halstatt Iron Age culture expansion from Central Europe.
    (Which before was occupied by Bronze Age Brachycephalic)

1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Probably because of his Hallstatt = Corded+ Danubian theory. It must have happened in Central Europe

I think that he sees Hallstatt spread in Scandinavia as part of the Halstatt Iron Age culture expansion from Central Europe.

Is there actually evidence of this? Also, why couldn't the dolichocephalisation have been from the Corded people rather than Hallstatt?

Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

3 Not allowed!

The classic Nordid type that some people like to call Hallstatt Nordid originated from the mixing of Indo-European Proto-Mediterranid/Nordid invaders with the light-pigmented native people of Northern Europe.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    The classic Nordid type that some people like to call Hallstatt Nordid originated from the mixing of Indo-European Proto-Mediterranid/Nordid invaders with the light-pigmented native people of Northern Europe.
    Are you sure about that? Archaeologically those people were originally of the Cro-Magnid type, but somewhat gracilised from the Neolithic Funnelbeaker culture. I don't think that's right...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I'm not even sure those people were light-pigmented before the Corded Ware culture, though I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Was Scandinavia actually Brachy before the Bronze Age? That would be fascinating...

Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Are you sure about that? Archaeologically those people were originally of the Cro-Magnid type, but somewhat gracilised from the Neolithic Funnelbeaker culture. I don't think that's right...
    Yes, they were mainly Cro-Magnid but it's shown in genetic studies that they already had genes for blue eyes and blond hair before the Indo-European arrival. The further North you go more light pigmented individuals you will encounter and it's not because they are more Indo-European influenced, it's just climatic adaptation and natural selection. Actually, the Scandinavians and other Northern Europeans are one of the least Indo-European people in Europe: the Germanic languages, for example, are very influenced by the Paleo-European languages that existed in Europe before the PIE invasion and the Germanic people in general have a great amount of Mesolithic paternal lineages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information