Thread: Dutch MP (PVV): Target Iranian Regime’s Lifelines

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Default Dutch MP (PVV): Target Iranian Regime’s Lifelines

Target Iranian Regime’s Lifelines
    By Wim Kortenoeven

Wim Kortenoeven is a recently elected member of Parliament in the Netherlands. He is a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Anybody who thinks that the regime in Tehran can be brought into compliance with the current set of Western pressure measures—which, until now, are mainly polite threats and sanctions that sound good, but can be evaded—is deceiving himself. Indeed, in order to be effective with ideologically driven intentional destroyers of international peace and security, such as Iran, Western threats should be credible, and sanctions should be crippling. As of now, they are not.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) controls much of the Iranian economy. Kortenoeven said that Western nations need to do more to isolate the IRGC.

In the meantime, the geopolitical situation in the Middle East is rapidly changing, to the detriment of the West. Iran and its neighbors, Turkey (a NATO member and would-be member of the European Union) and Syria, with Hizballah and Hamas in the back seat, are forming a Shia-Sunni strategic coalition that stretches from Pakistan to the eastern borders of Europe.
    The Turkish accession to this coalition, a keystone in every respect, has happened relatively recently, but it is determined and should frighten the life out of European policymakers. The first target of the members of the coalition may indeed be Israel, with the treacherous Mavi Marmara incident underlining the Erdogan regime’s true colors and intentions. However, this Islamist coalition is also a threat to the stability of the Gulf states, Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as to the security of Europe and the United States. And, it will certainly blunt the effects of American and European warnings to Tehran and hamper sanctions.

Concerning sanctions: Just look at what is happening. Iran is sanctioned already, but has managed to control the damage, by means of the Iranian Central Bank and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), an elite force comparable to the German SS. The IRGC is the guardian of the Iranian system of government, and it has its grip everywhere, from security to business.

The latest jolt to Iran came from the European Union. In its meeting on June 17, the European Council of Ministers approved “new restrictive measures,” including energy sanctions. These are to be outlined in the Council meeting next month. The sanctions policy is supposed to force Iran into compliance and to send a discouraging message to other states with nuclear ambitions, such as Saudi Arabia, Syria and Egypt. It should also serve to keep the Israelis, who are faced with an existential threat from Iran, from unilaterally embarking on the military option.

Alongside sanctions policy, there is also a public diplomacy effort. The Stop the Bomb Coalition (STB), which comprises activists in almost a dozen E.U. member states, has successfully campaigned for a reduction of European business interests and investments in Iran.

Some examples: The German branch of STB took on a series of companies, including Siemens, one of Iran’s main trading partners. The Dutch and British branches took on Royal Dutch Shell (a supplier of refined oil products to Iran), and the prominent Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf tarred and feathered the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL), which the United States had blacklisted for illegal activities. However, IRISL still enjoys unrestricted access to European ports.

Many prominent European intellectuals and politicians supported the STB campaign to put the IRGC on the European Union list of terrorist groups. The initiative followed a November 2009 Dutch Parliament resolution to that effect. The petition’s signatories also urge the European Union and its member states to ban trade and encourage their countries’ businesses to cease economic activity with entities associated with the IRGC.

It’s past time for European nations to get serious about the Iranian threat. While President Ahmadinejad has vowed to destroy Israel, Iran’s ambitions don’t end there. U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates recently reminded a Senate hearing that Europe is also within Iranian striking range.

“If Iran were actually to launch a missile attack on Europe, it wouldn’t be just one or two missiles or a handful. It would more likely be a salvo kind of attack, where you would be dealing potentially with scores or even hundreds of missiles,” Gates said.

But Iran’s ambitions don’t end there, either. Ahmadinejad’s latest verbal attack, delivered on June 16, referred to the Jews as “the filthiest and greatest of criminals, who [only] appear to be human.”

Ahmadinejad also had a message for the American people: “We have a plan to change the world, to reshape the balance of oppressive [power] in the world, and [to change] the unilateral and discriminatory world order.... I hereby announce that from this point forward, one of the Iranian nation’s main aspirations will be to deliver the American people from [their] undemocratic and bullying government.”

This is not a lunatic speaking, or some narcissistic potentate of a banana republic. This is not just the representative of a ruthless regime with a long track record as a terrorism sponsor and a human rights violator. This is the intelligent, confident “messianic” leader of a strategically located regional superpower that is pushing an Islamist agenda of conquest.

As you read this, Iran is acquiring the means to advance that agenda. Centrifuges continue to spin. Iran’s uranium stockpile is getting larger. To not take Ahmadinejad seriously is tantamount to going back into history, with what we now know about them, and subsequently ignoring Hitler’s declared intentions.

The United States and European democracies need to work together to prevent Iran from achieving a nuclear weapons capability. To pressure the regime, its three lifelines—the IRGC, IRISL and the Iran Central Bank—should be cut. Time is running out.

Wim Kortenoeven is a recently elected Dutch Parliamentarian and a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Source: AIPAC

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Is this guy totally nucking futs ?! Now here's a good reason not to vote for the PVV anymore because they are clearly deep up Israel's arse. But who to vote for then eh ?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    01-29-2021 @ 08:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I like the PVV but this is just madness! Ultra-Zionists like him sound like Hitler in the 30's warning about supposed aggressive neighbors whom are just waiting to strike them; and thus 'preemptive' action is necessary.
    I'm not for or against Israel or Iran but unfortunately I can only see war in their future, which will unfortunately probably have to involve the 'West' as well.

So what even if Iran is developing Nukes, Israel has them too. I guess the Israeli government is so far up it's own ass it can't see the irony.

You know the funny thing is that I used to be very pro-Israeli, it's things like this that changed that.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54

0 Not allowed!

There's no particular reason to oppose this article. I see no reason whatsoever to take a soft posture toward Iran, and doing so only closes opportunities to make ties among counter-jihadist, neo-conservative, and Zionist forces. One reason why Wilders is successful (and has even succeeded in brokering the deal to reduce immigration) is because he is friendly with these folks, while stealth fascists like Nick Griffin keep yelling 'dirty Jews' by another name in running interference for Iran against neo-conservatives.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by InvaderNat
    So what even if Iran is developing Nukes, Israel has them too. I guess the Israeli government is so far up it's own ass it can't see the irony.
    Do you realize what you're saying? This is the equivalent of wishing Pakistan acquired nukes because India had them. Nuclear weapons proliferation is one of the greatest threats we face, and the last guys one wants to have them are rabid Islamic conquistadors like the Iranians.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    There's no particular reason to oppose this article. I see no reason whatsoever to take a soft posture toward Iran, and doing so only closes opportunities to make ties among counter-jihadist, neo-conservative, and Zionist forces. One reason why Wilders is successful (and has even succeeded in brokering the deal to reduce immigration) is because he is friendly with these folks, while stealth fascists like Nick Griffin keep yelling 'dirty Jews' by another name in running interference for Iran against neo-conservatives.
    Well, what on earth does Iran have to do with Netherlands? It's this kind of thing that makes Middle Easterners despise Europeans. The Dutch have lost nothing in the ME. They didn't even have colonial possessions there (as far as I can remember). This guy should just fuck off and mind his own business.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Well, what on earth does Iran have to do with Netherlands? It's this kind of thing that makes Middle Easterners despise Europeans. The Dutch have lost nothing in the ME. They didn't even have colonial possessions there (as far as I can remember). This guy should just fuck off and mind his own business.
    Iran already has missiles capable of reaching Europe. If I were a European I wouldn't want those guys with the capacity to hit me with nukes.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Iran already has missiles capable of reaching Europe. If I were a European I wouldn't want those guys with the capacity to hit me with nukes.
    Oh come on, why would Iran send a barrage of missiles towards Europe? Not even the Iranians are that stupid. It would be suicide for them. Israel is probably a greater danger since their nukes are far more advanced, I would imagine. And they have even joked about bombing Germany in the past.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Oh come on, why would Iran send a barrage of missiles towards Europe? Not even the Iranians are that stupid. It would be suicide for them. Israel is probably a greater danger since their nukes are far more advanced, I would imagine. And they have even joked about bombing Germany in the past.
    During the Cold War it was probably very unlikely that the USSR would nuke us. It still wasn't desirable for them to have that capacity, for any number of rather obvious reasons. Maybe you have an argument for why Iran should be allowed to point nukes at Europe. Personally, I think it is in the interests of Western Civilization to prevent hostile states from acquiring nuclear weapons. Whether Iran needs to be bombed to prevent it from doing so is another matter, but stopping them should certainly be a priority.

Moreover, this sort of reflexive defense among the more fringe European nationalists is why they don't accomplish anything. Guys like Griffin run interference for mortal enemies who offer them nothing politically, in order to stick it to Jews stealthily, who would willingly help them if they just had any sense. Daniel Pipes, uber-Zionist extraordinaire, has even complimented the BNP, but Griffin has no interest in working with these people because, at bottom, he's an anti-Semite who can't overcome his visceral feelings for the greater good politically.

Of course, in truth, guys like Griffin are DOA anyway. His past views are enough to dog him forever.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Iran is the most pro-European/pro-Western country in the Middle East (well, the people are). I'd trust them further with nukes than Israel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information