PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Videogaming as a kid vs videogaming as an adult - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Videogaming as a kid vs videogaming as an adult

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Do you like games with stories? You have to try Witcher 3, beats all of them.
    Beats most, W3 certainly belongs in my top five.

Last Online
    07-19-2020 @ 09:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Jedi
    Country
    Bosnia
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 599
    Given: 586

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TEUTORIGOS View Post
    I don't understand grown men who play video games.
    I don't understand people who see any purpose in saying that they don't understand grown men who play video games.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigling View Post
    I don't understand people who see any purpose in saying that they don't understand grown men who play video games.
    It is astounding, how widespread is this 'playing videogames is childish' nonsense, after all this time videogames have been around. In which aspects exactly are videogames more childish than movies, books or TV series, right? It is actually the other way around, if anything. Everyone can easily read a book or watch a movie, but playing videogames and don't suck at it requires a vast set of skills. Analytical thinking, descision making under pressure, multitasking and incredible reaction time and level of focus are some examples. Imagine taking a person, who doesn't play games and show him some moderately challenging RPG. He probably wouldn't even be able to comprehend game mechanics and would get lost in the amount of stats, skills, items and other features. Watching him playing a strategy game would probably be even more cringy. If he'd be able to actually play the game, his gameplay would almost certainly seem as that of a total idiot to someone familiar with games. I'm pretty sure his progress would take ridiculous amount of time and he would just repeat some simple actions without little to no sign of improvement beyond the absolute basics. But yeah. We are the childish ones here.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Jedi
    Country
    Bosnia
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    It is astounding, how widespread is this 'playing videogames is childish' nonsense, after all this time videogames have been around. In which aspects exactly are videogames more childish than movies, books or TV series, right? It is actually the other way around, if anything. Everyone can easily read a book or watch a movie, but playing videogames and don't suck at it requires a vast set of skills. Analytical thinking, descision making under pressure, multitasking and incredible reaction time and level of focus are some examples. Imagine taking a person, who doesn't play games and show him some moderately challenging RPG. He probably wouldn't even be able to comprehend game mechanics and would get lost in the amount of stats, skills, items and other features. Watching him playing a strategy game would probably be even more cringy. If he'd be able to actually play the game, his gameplay would almost certainly seem as that of a total idiot to someone familiar with games. I'm pretty sure his progress would take ridiculous amount of time and he would just repeat some simple actions without little to no sign of improvement beyond the absolute basics. But yeah. We are the childish ones here.
    That's what I always say to people who claim that e-sport can't be considered as a real sport, in sense of being taken serious as traditional sports are.

If it's so easy and simple to play video games, then why not all people are professional League Of Legends players that make large amounts of money by just sitting and playing some online game?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

0 Not allowed!

I lost interest in vidya games a few years ago in my early 20s. Sold my high end gaming pc and gave all my console games to my little cousin. I still play games like Madden or 2k occasionally when I'm with friends or something. I don't really remember what made me lose interest but I still don't see it as something that's just for kids.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's what I always say to people who claim that e-sport can't be considered as a real sport, in sense of being taken serious as traditional sports are.

If it's so easy and simple to play video games, then why not all people are professional League Of Legends players that make large amounts of money by just sitting and playing some online game?
    Well, my definition of 'sport' is probably more narrow than yours, as by my definition, a necessary condition for some competitive game to be called a sport, is that physical activity is essential in that game. Even though games like chess are in fact considered to be a sport, at least in here, I don't categorize chess as a sport. I agree, that if we'd consent on chess being a sport, then the only logical conclusion is that e-sport should indeed be considered a sport aswell. But then, by the very same logic, pretty much every competitive game you can think of would be a sport by default and I am not sure, whether I'm comfortable with this. I think that the term sport should be reserved for games, in which physical activity is the essential component, while something like 'competitive gameplaying' should refer to the generalized category (which would include sport aswell).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook View Post
    I lost interest in vidya games a few years ago in my early 20s. Sold my high end gaming pc and gave all my console games to my little cousin. I still play games like Madden or 2k occasionally when I'm with friends or something. I don't really remember what made me lose interest but I still don't see it as something that's just for kids.
    Thrill < Relax? That seems to be the most common reason why adults give up videogames in the favor of other forms of entertainment. I can kind of understand that.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

0 Not allowed!

PC Master Race

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,424
    Given: 1,640

1 Not allowed!

Some difficult strategies including games like Cities Skylines etc. are not even created for kids.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Jedi
    Country
    Bosnia
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vožd View Post
    Some difficult strategies including games like Cities Skylines etc. are not even created for kids.
    It's ironically how most FPS have 16+ mark and MMORPG/MOBA games have 12+ mark which mean they're not even recommended for prepubescent children, even not younger teenagers in some cases, but yet many people believe videos games are only for kids, but people are usually narrow minded and stupid while believing they're smart.

Today most people even think that Christianity is European heritage, Jesus is White god and that Aryans were some brown Indians, not Northeastern Europeans that carried R1a haplogroup to Indian subcontinent.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information