Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

3 Not allowed!

Here is an importan quote about what the meaning of Serb/Serv/Serf is, directly from the horses mouth so to say:

But when two brothers succeeded their father in the rule of Serbia, one of them, taking one half of the folk, claimed the protection of Heraclius, the emperor of the Romans, and the same emperor Heraclius recieved him and gave him a place in the province of Thessalonica to settle in, namely Serbia, which from that time has acquired this denomination. 'Serbs' in the tongue of the Romans is the word for 'slaves', whence the colloquial 'serbula' for menial shoes, and 'tzerboulianoi' for those who wear cheap, shoddy footgear. This name the Serbs acquired from their being slaves of the emperor of the Romans.
    Source: "DE ADMINISTRANDO IMPERIO" by Constantine Porphyrogenitus, paragraph 32, written between the years AD 948-952.

So the Latin word for SERVUS/SERVI which means SLAVE/SLAVES is the name given to the SERBS of today.

Simple isnt it?

Last Online
    09-05-2017 @ 04:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 50

0 Not allowed!

I wrote about origin of Albanians. There is NO genetic, linguistic or any other similarity between population who lived in territory of Serbia and Albanians. Indigious population of present day Serbia were not Albanians.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by propolis View Post
    Stop making up things. There is NO genetic, linguistic or any other similarity between population who lived in territory of Serbia and Albanians. Indigious population of present day Serbia were not Albanians.
    Stop behaving like idiots around in forums. In schools you learn exactly that the native population was Albanian. In an other thread i have quoted your political elite in the last two centuries, starting with Princes, Kings, communist elites, etc. All they have accepted openly and in private exactly that Albanians are the native population of Peninsula, someone said, even older than ancient greeks. What other proves you want?
    I agree that for the sake of the discussion, someone can have an alternative point of view. But when someone continue in his discussions to be always alternative, he is an idiot.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by propolis View Post
    I wrote about origin of Albanians. There is NO genetic, linguistic or any other similarity between population who lived in territory of Serbia and Albanians. Indigious population of present day Serbia were not Albanians.
    How do you explain that the entire south servia was inhabited in majority from Albanians until that the Congress of Berlin gave the region to servia? Here i am not talking about Kosova or Sandjak. I am talking about Nish, etc.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    Rethel, I am not interested in a language group, but in culture in general and in ancestors.
    Did I write something about language?
    If I would, I would write: Indoeuropean, Germanic, German, Slavic, Serbian.
    I didn;t I was writing about people, this is why I used terms describing people, not languages.

But it is the same in culture and ancestors.
    Serbian culture is slavic culture, and slavic culture is IE culture, the same as German.
    Ancestors - also IEs, who brought the language, culture and identity, indoeuropean one of course.

Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 11:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    :....:
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,663
    Given: 2,177

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    Here is an importan quote about what the meaning of Serb/Serv/Serf is, directly from the horses mouth so to say:

But when two brothers succeeded their father in the rule of Serbia, one of them, taking one half of the folk, claimed the protection of Heraclius, the emperor of the Romans, and the same emperor Heraclius recieved him and gave him a place in the province of Thessalonica to settle in, namely Serbia, which from that time has acquired this denomination. 'Serbs' in the tongue of the Romans is the word for 'slaves', whence the colloquial 'serbula' for menial shoes, and 'tzerboulianoi' for those who wear cheap, shoddy footgear. This name the Serbs acquired from their being slaves of the emperor of the Romans.
    Source: "DE ADMINISTRANDO IMPERIO" by Constantine Porphyrogenitus, paragraph 32, written between the years AD 948-952.

So the Latin word for SERVUS/SERVI which means SLAVE/SLAVES is the name given to the SERBS of today.

Simple isnt it?
    There is no proof that Slavs were named by "Latin" people. There is another option - we all know that pre-/Proto-Slavic women were an interesting trade commodity (yes they were beautiful and every men wanted to have a beautiful women, now so many people are ashamed of having these women blood in their vein, but your "fathers" were so proud to have a pre-/Proto-Slavic woman), they were kidnapped and sold as slaves - it is possible that "Latin" and other people started to use the original Slavic word (origin - maybe the name of a river, or flowing water,...) in that different meaning.

Last Online
    09-05-2017 @ 04:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 50

1 Not allowed!

Simple isnt it?
    There is no single historian, linguist who takes that silly explanation of Serbian ethnonime seriously, but from Albanian ignorant clown, nothing else, other than stupidity, cannot be expected.

Stop behaving like idiots around in forums. In schools you learn exactly that the native population was Albanian. In an other thread i have quoted your political elite in the last two centuries, starting with Princes, Kings, communist elites, etc. All they have accepted openly and in private exactly that Albanians are the native population of Peninsula, someone said, even older than ancient greeks. What other proves you want?
    I agree that for the sake of the discussion, someone can have an alternative point of view. But when someone continue in his discussions to be always alternative, he is an idiot.
    Albanians were not indigious population of present day Serbia. Continue to dream your great Albanian dream, but it has not nothing to do with reality.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dema View Post
    Serbs are descendants of Early Medieval Slavs that arrived in Balkan when crossed Carpathian mountains in 6th and 7th cet - https://goo.gl/maps/s8kXFeW2Zum
    Just as Slovenes, Croats, Bosnjaks, Montenegrins, "Macedonians" and other ethnicities that come out of these Slavs..

They come from territory of Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland and such...

After arriving on Balkan they also assimilate Balkan natives like Albanians and Vlachs so half of them is Vlach or Albanian in origin and half is Slavic.
    But also they have also assimilated Gypsies and they sometimes show Turkic or Arab features but its not really that often.
    you look like a turko-arab so those features must be from assimilated albanians.

Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 11:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    :....:
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,663
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethel Święckiewski View Post
    Did I write something about language?
    If I would, I would write: Indoeuropean, Germanic, German, Slavic, Serbian.
    I didn;t I was writing about people, this is why I used terms describing people, not languages.

But it is the same in culture and ancestors.
    Serbian culture is slavic culture, and slavic culture is IE culture, the same as German.
    Ancestors - also IEs, who brought the language, culture and identity, indoeuropean one of course.
    You know what you have written is not true. They are influenced by non-Slavic people/cultures. It cant be different and nothing wrong with that. Be realistic.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    You know what you have written is not true. They are influenced by non-Slavic people/cultures. It cant be different and nothing wrong with that. Be realistic.
    What influences are you talking about? Genetics? cuisine? Serbs have their own Slavic culture that even differs from Bulgarian culture.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information