Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's possible to be an Pagan and Christian?

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

4 Not allowed!

Christianity is just sacrificial blood-atonement Judaism mixed with Mediterranean dying and resurrecting god cults intertwined with Hellenistic philosophy.

I don't think it's useful to identify as a Christian though if you think classical polytheism or Hellenistic syncretism is superior. You will then have to at least nominally or superficially accept a bunch of theological trappings and suppositions which will, I suspect, offend your conscience and sensibilities.

You are in Brazil, African and native traditional religion is very strong there with only a thin and superficial Christian veneer. It is not necessary to reconcile oneself to any church. Keep the taper candles, images, smoke, mirrors, statuary, and incense (which was taken from traditional Med polytheism). Discard the rigid desert theology.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouistreham View Post
    YES.

Forget the Bible (I mean, the Old Testament part, which is just Semitic delirium only Jews and Arabs can believe in).
    Real Christianity (based on the Gospel) has become part of European culture as it has been originally shaped by Pagan thinking.

NO intelligent human being can believe in Abraham, and only wicked criminals can worship this horrid scum. The legend of Abraham is the ultimate proof that Judeo-Islamic mythology is definitely incompatible with advanced civilisation.
    What can a reasonable White Westerner think of an Oriental subhuman who was ready to assassinate his own son because he thought his god had ordered him to do?
    I agree to an extent, the problem is though what I said above; to call oneself "Christian" is to at least nominally accept certain theological trappings. For example, in Catholic theology (perhaps in Christian theology generally), it is believed that all those who profess the Abrahamic religions have been accepted into "the womb of Abraham." This is absolutely unacceptable. Get that smelly, bearded, goat-fucker away from me, I am not going to cleave to any desert savage's busom. This is one of only several theological trappings which completely and entirely violate my sensibilities.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Spain,Portugal,France and Native
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    No

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadaad View Post
    When your likes condemn or hate Islam, my faith only increases...

also...yes, Christian is only 'christian' when it adopts one or more pagan angles (the issue being a matter of degrees more than anything else)...otherwise it is just Islam.
    I don't hate Islam, I just disagree with many things... and there too much laws and rules, come on... I HATE rules!

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

2 Not allowed!

Just a question:
    Are you Christian if you belong to Christian chruch, or do you also need to ''practise'' that religion?

If the second only makes you a ''Christian''...then some 80% of Scandinavians & Finns are pagans, if not even more .

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Just a question:
    Are you Christian if you belong to Christian chruch, or do you also need to ''practise'' that religion?

If the second only makes you a ''Christian''...then some 80% of Scandinavians & Finns are pagans, if not even more .
    Hail Odin!!!!!!!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeWorshiper View Post
    Hail Odin!!!!!!!

If I would need to choose between these 3 Nordic pagan status?
    Not C for me (too distant). Between A or B?

=> most likely B.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-06-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Last Online
    05-06-2020 @ 08:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Amazigh
    Politics
    Metaphysical realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 196

1 Not allowed!

Yes. St.Patrick, for example took a part in ritual duel like a druid and acted like a magician

And the saint, on that most holy Sabbath preceding the Vigil of the Passover, turned aside to a fit and pleasant place, called Feartfethin, and there, according to the custom of the holy church, lighted the lamps at the blessed fire. And it happened on that night that the idolaters solemnized a certain high festival called Rach, which they, walking in darkness, were wont to consecrate to the prince of darkness. And it was their custom that every fire should be extinguished, nor throughout the province should be relighted until it was first beheld in the royal palace. But when the monarch, Leogaire, being then with his attendants at Teomaria, then the chief court of the kingdom of all Ireland, beheld the fire that was lighted by Saint Patrick, he marvelled, and was enraged, and enquired who had thus presumed. And a certain magician, when he looked on the fire, as if prophesying, said unto the king: "Unless yonder fire be this night extinguished, he who lighted it will, together with his followers, reign over the whole island."

And there was in that place a certain magician named Lochu, who was highly favored with the king, and he uttered blasphemies against the Lord and his Christ. For being driven mad by the delusions of devils, he declared himself to be a god; and the people, being dazzled with his cheats, and stubbornly adhering to his pernicious doctrine, worshipped him even as a deity. Therefore he continually blasphemed the ways of the Lord, and those who were desirous to be converted from idolatry did he labor to subvert in their faith, and to pervert from Christ. And almost in the same manner as Simon Magus resisted Saint Peter did he oppose Saint Patrick. And on a certain time, when he was raised from the earth by the prince of darkness and the powers of the air, and the king and the people beheld him as if ascending into the heavens, Saint Patrick thus prayed unto the Lord: "O omnipotent God! destroy this blasphemer of Thine holy name, nor let him hinder those who now return or may hereafter return unto Thee!" And he prayed, and the magician fell from the air to the earth at the feet of the man of God, and his head was stricken against a stone, and, bruised and wounded, he expired, and his spirit descended into hell.

And the king, bidding farewell to the bishop, returned to his palace, and in the several places through which the saint was to pass he laid an ambush; and divers rivers crossed the road, which might in many parts be forded, nigh unto the shallows whereof he placed nine chariots with some of his murderous servants, that if the saint should escape the one he might meet with the other, and so that in no wise could he pass unharmed. But on the morrow Patrick, with eight persons only and the boy Benignus, going in a straight road to Teomaria, where the king then resided, passed through them who had laid snares for his life; and their eyes were bound, that they could not behold him; but to their sight appeared eight stags with one hind passing over the mountains; and thus, the Lord being his protector, did the saint and his companions escape the contrivers of his destruction.

But God, the all-powerful protector of His beloved, armed the zeal of the creature against these senseless idolaters, and ere they could effect their wickedness he swept them from the earth and destroyed them. For the earth opened and swallowed them up, and so many of the people of Teamhrach as were consenting thereto; and the abyss opened its mouth and devoured them, even alive. And they who remained, and all the dwellers of that land seeing or hearing of these things, feared with mighty fear; and, lest they should be punished with the like punishment, they believed in Christ, and crowded together unto the font. And the king trembled, and threw himself at the feet of Patrick, and besought pardon, and promised that he would thenceforth obey him.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeWorshiper View Post
    I think I'm becoming one
    It is.

Christians are basically pagans.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post

If I would need to choose between these 3 Nordic pagan status?
    Not C for me (too distant). Between A or B?

=> most likely B.
    Of course European old pagan religions will not never return. Today people are wearing those just as funny marks from Viking times.

No...people are changing more ''pagan'' as they are becoming atheist (not believing any gods). I'm totally ok with that as long as other areas of lifes Christian religion ideas/morals etc. will stay and survive in Europe.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-06-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,899

1 Not allowed!

Believing in the "Gods Of Nature" is as silly as believing in any Abrahamic religion. It's time to grow up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information