Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why was North America not as advanced as South and Central America?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,541
    Given: 9,189

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yup, this must be it. Apart from being cold, vast areas would have been under permanent ice during the last glacial maxim of the ice age.
    There is possible evidence that about 11,000 years ago asteroids impacted the ice sheet of the border of the USA and Canada (and in Europe), and it led to a massive hell on Earth rapid melting of the ice sheet. Although there was already a slow melting of it as temps were rising, the impact threw debris into the air resulting in another cooling era. It would have killed off most of the N. Americans in the USA, some further South could have survived. Also the reason the large mammals like the Woolly Mammoth vanished in N. America and Europe, but not in Africa relative to large Mammals.

This is Washington State, there is really no reason for this landscape as the rest of the state is green, gets lots of rain. The only explanation IMHO is epic biblical massive flooding caused by asteroid impacts.

Everything including soil was ripped away, massive boulders carried a hundred miles downstream.

N. Americans did build this in the USA.
    The Great Serpent Mound is a 1,348-foot (411 m)-long,[3] three-foot-high prehistoric effigy mound on a plateau of the Serpent Mound crater along Ohio Brush Creek in Adams County, Ohio. Maintained within a park by the Ohio History Connection, it has been designated a National Historic Landmark by the United States Department of Interior. The Serpent Mound of Ohio was first reported from surveys by Ephraim Squire and Edwin Davis in their historic volume Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley, published in 1848 by the newly founded Smithsonian Museum.
    Researchers have attributed construction of the mound to three different prehistoric indigenous cultures. Originally thought to be Adena in origin, a 1996 carbon dating study led scholars to believe the mound was built by members of the Fort Ancient culture around 1070 CE.[4] Most recent dating places the mound at around 300 BCE, once again suggesting Adena construction.[5] Serpent Mound is the largest serpent effigy in the world.[6]

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,948

5 Not allowed!

Well, when Spaniards discovered North America they explored it and tried to colonize it. Florida was the first place. Full of dangers, conflictive and poor Indians, hurricanes, mosquitoes, swamps, wetlands, alligators (this word comes from the Spanish lagarto), sparsely arable land... Florida had nothing to offer.

In brief, only the desire to spread the religion allowed that Spaniards settled there. But in Florida there was nothing.

Then came Arizona and New Mexico. Same than in Florida. Bad weather. Deserts and more deserts. Bad land for agriculture. Lack of water.
    Spaniards arrived as far as Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah... great plains and nothing else.

Time for Texas and California. Better land but still great extensions of deserts, lack of water in tons of areas etc. To build something similar to a civilization many people should be required there... and in North America excepting Mexico that did not happen.

What I want to say with this? that North America was a wasteland compared with Central and South America (at least the south of America, what Spaniards explored).

Lack of people and bad climate, in short.
    Last edited by Cristiano viejo; 09-16-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2018 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ülülü
    Ancestry
    Illyrian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Politics
    Necessarily Ominous
    Hero
    Angra Mahin'yu
    Religion
    Rosacrucian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,987
    Given: 5,522

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    If South and Central America were so advanced, why are millions of them clamoring to get into the United States?

Because they are all dead, invaded and destroyed. I remind you that you are not precisely successful because you are in India yourself.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie999 View Post
    Envioromental issues. The climate and resources were more suitable in the south than in the north.
    And the same should be always kept in minds what comes to Europe & Europeans.

It's natural that the first European cultures rose in South Europe. Were those people as such still any ''greater''....that's totally another question.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,436
    Given: 36,794

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arduti View Post
    Perhaps North American natives came across via the land bridge, and the South and Central American natives came across via the Pacific, first making landfall in western Mexico. I would imagine the people who came here by boat were more advanced than the nomadic types who came here from Siberia.

But North American natives could have simply defected northward, thereby eliminating the Land Bridge theory. I think the Land Bridge theory places natives here too soon, and I'm more apt to believe in the sailing-the-Pacific theory. Because Sumerian pottery was found amongst Mayan artifacts. Also, pyramid culture traveled with Hamitic peoples. From Egypt, to India via the Kush tribes, then onward to China & Cambodia etc, then across the Pacific to the Americas via the Chinese or Polynesians. This is the only way I can trace the connection between Sumer and Mayans, but I welcome any knowledge to the contrary because this topic is interesting.

History Channel's "Who Really Discovered America?" presents compelling information about a seafaring group from Polynesia or China (can't remember) who built their distinctive style of harbors, which are now submerged under water off Western Mexico. That's what sold it for me.
    LOL, ALL Amerindians (from North, Central and South America) mostly descent from people who crossed the Bering strait (which was the land bridge of Beringia, back then) from Siberia. There might have been some sea pacific contribution in the ancestry of Central and south American natives, but their contribution was very minimal and peripheral.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasa View Post
    Vast areas of North America were virtually uninhabitable due to the cold weather. We're talking about temperatures much lower than anywhere in Northern Europe.
    You meant Alaska?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,648

0 Not allowed!

It was if we are talking about our American definition of North America which includes Mexico and yes the sub-region of Central America. Northern America was the most advanced region than South America, and thanks to the Amerindian civilizations in Mexico. The rest of the Amerindians were too stupid to accomplish anything, this is why Mexico is the best, this is why Mexico's Amerindian history and culture is the most superior one than any other Amerindian.

So my thought is, why do people obsess themselves more over US American natives, and not with the ones in Mexico? That is like obsessing yourself over the Saami people instead of ancient Greeks and Romans, or obsessing yourself over Moroccans instead of ancient Egyptians or the Congo Empire or the Mali ones, or obsessing yourself over some retarded backwards tribe in the Middle East, instead of the Persian empire, Sumerians, Holy Jews etc

This is in regards to foreigners who get interested in Amerindian people, it's always the retarded ones from USA

I will tell you why, pure jealousy of Mexico

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arduti View Post
    Perhaps North American natives came across via the land bridge, and the South and Central American natives came across via the Pacific, first making landfall in western Mexico.
    Genetic studies do not support such a hypothesis.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    It was if we are talking about our American definition of North America which includes Mexico and yes the sub-region of Central America. Northern America was the most advanced region than South America, and thanks to the Amerindian civilizations in Mexico. The rest of the Amerindians were too stupid to accomplish anything, this is why Mexico is the best, this is why Mexico's Amerindian history and culture is the most superior one than any other Amerindian.

So my thought is, why do people obsess themselves more over US American natives, and not with the ones in Mexico? That is like obsessing yourself over the Saami people instead of ancient Greeks and Romans, or obsessing yourself over Moroccans instead of ancient Egyptians or the Congo Empire or the Mali ones, or obsessing yourself over some retarded backwards tribe in the Middle East, instead of the Persian empire, Sumerians, Holy Jews etc

This is in regards to foreigners who get interested in Amerindian people, it's always the retarded ones from USA

I will tell you why, pure jealousy of Mexico

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well yes, but I did not include Mexico in North America for this discussion. But you are right, Mexico is technically in North America. Hence the Maya, Aztec etc civilizations were there.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    What I want to say with this? that North America was a wasteland compared with Central and South America (at least the south of South America, what Spaniards explored).
    .. which makes it all the more significant that a selection of Northern Europeans could build a great country there, which was to become the largest economy in the world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information