Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why was North America not as advanced as South and Central America?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2022 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo American
    Ancestry
    Anglo/German/Dutch/Norse American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Oregon
    Y-DNA
    E-V12
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Evola
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,082
    Given: 56,861

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    I'm from the area, and find it funny how so many people online think that all of Washington and Oregon are rainforests holding bigfoot. Even had one surprised when I told him that I see tumbleweeds sometimes. It's very dry over here.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-23-2018 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 761
    Given: 550

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    LOL, ALL Amerindians (from North, Central and South America) mostly descent from people who crossed the Bering strait (which was the land bridge of Beringia, back then) from Siberia. There might have been some sea pacific contribution in the ancestry of Central and south American natives, but their contribution was very minimal and peripheral.
    I don't know much about this particular topic, you might be right. But I would like proof before I decide to believe that. Can it be proven?

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,908

2 Not allowed!

Like some have mentioned before, lower levels of contact with more established civilizations in the South. Lack of horses to facilitate that contact. There were pyramid cities like Cahokia on the Mississippi which were clearly influenced by Meso American civilizations, but that civilization was really in its very early stages and did not end up sustainable.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,438
    Given: 36,797

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arduti View Post
    I don't know much about this particular topic, you might be right. But I would like proof before I decide to believe that. Can it be proven?
    Most sources say it was that way. And it makes sense that lot more people made their way to the American continents through that land bridge than crossing the whole Pacific ocean.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,890
    Given: 24,545

0 Not allowed!

Most likely due to the extreme climates that they were living in contrast to the tropical rain forests of central and southern America. I'm amazed on how the native peoples of ancient mesoamerica managed to create civilizations like the Mayans and the Aztecs without using metal tools and beasts of burden which baffled even the Spaniards.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pendragon vampire
    Ethnicity
    annunaki-druid-pendragon-overlord
    Ancestry
    Alsace-Lorraine France, England, Scotland , Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Cornwall
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-med(pictish)+Dinaric+(gaelige)+Anglo-Saxon(40%)+Norse(6%)
    Politics
    Anti-mercantilism pro-aristocracy
    Hero
    William the conqueror
    Religion
    Luciferian baphomet worship
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 929
    Given: 144

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Before the arrival of Europeans, there were advanced civilizations in Mesoamerica and South America. Stunning pyramids, intricate stone constructions, cities, artwork, science, astronomy, etc abounded. Especially in countries like Mexico, Ecuador, Peru and also others.
    Might be a bit of hyperbole , no ? They still used a literal number system which is inferior to our 10 digit decimal system, nowadays, and they never invented the wheel. They also did not have the astrolabe etc... which Europeans used to navigate the seas to conquer them.

You can't do advanced mathematics, which science needs, with chicken scratch like this :

Who is to say they would have advanced from that, at least in a timely manner, without European influence ?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TEUTORIGOS View Post
    Might be a bit of hyperbole , no ? They still used a literal number system which is inferior to our 10 digit decimal system, nowadays, and they never invented the wheel. They also did not have the astrolabe etc... which Europeans used to navigate the seas to conquer them.

You can't do advanced mathematics, which science needs, with chicken scratch like this :

Who is to say they would have advanced from that, at least in a timely manner, without European influence ?
    I don't know if you have researched pre-Columbian civilizations, but I know many people have little knowledge of them. I myself am just beginning to scratch the surface. And I have to say, what I have so far discovered is quite significant. I am still learning, though, but will post stuff as I find it.

The ancient Americans had a good astronomical knowledge, good construction knowledge (actually fantastic... pre-Inca structures are comparable with ancient Egypt), and they had knowledge of things that are not easily known. Developed writing independently, also.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,921
    Given: 18,998

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domare View Post
    And Northern Europeans had contact with Southern Europeans which granted them the knowledge and tools to build their first civilizations. Northern Native Americans never had the luxury of having contact with the Mayans or Aztecs.
    But the Aztecs were actually "barbarian" invaders from the north, who mixed with locals and adopted their civilization:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...lley_of_Mexico

They probably came to Mexico from what is now south-western USA (okay, that's not really "proper" North America):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahuat...lumbian_period

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,921
    Given: 18,998

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TEUTORIGOS View Post

But they actually had advanced mathematics:

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2018 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 2,395

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't know if you have researched pre-Columbian civilizations, but I know many people have little knowledge of them. I myself am just beginning to scratch the surface. And I have to say, what I have so far discovered is quite significant. I am still learning, though, but will post stuff as I find it.

The ancient Americans had a good astronomical knowledge, good construction knowledge (actually fantastic... pre-Inca structures are comparable with ancient Egypt), and they had knowledge of things that are not easily known. Developed writing independently, also.

I will agree the ancient Americans were excellent architects and stoneworkers but just bear in mind any architectural engineering firm can build and design a pyramid within a week, it's not that difficult and only takes a team of structural engineers and an army of construction workers.

Thread Topid: How advanced and civilized were the Aztecs really?

"How advanced: very primitive agricultural civilization. Corn/maize takes very little work to grow and has great yields per acre, this allowed really big cities, but in their case not very advanced. Pyramids are very simple architecture and the same true of their other buildings and roads. The architecture and engineering was centuries ahead of them and so was the art adorning the buildings. Their gold smithing was also centuries behind Europe. Their weaving and textile making was also extremely primitive compared to Europe. Their weapons were stone age ones thousands of years behind Europe's. Their transport systems were stone age too.

Now if you want to look at their non-material culture, lets just say this my ancestors who revived human sacrifice and liked to drink out of skulls and keep them as trophies would have found them acceptably "civilized" except for their habit of throwing the corpses of their sacrifices down the steps of their pyramids to be carved up and eaten. We're taking about the 4th century and people barbarous even for Scandinavia, whom later became the Vikings, though they too might of found it objectionable to raid every year their subject peoples for human sacrifices and to offer every prisoner of war as a sacrifice. Having observed many centuries of totally ruthless ancestors and my living relatives all of whom are ruthless and their ruthlessness shocks even me and I'm ruthless too, I must say that the Aztecs were over the top in their inhumanity and were not civilized at all".

http://historum.com/general-history/...-really-3.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information