Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    You're right about it.
    Ignoring the Albanian trolling, it does seem that Iberians (perhaps except Basques) have some post-Neolithic "Near Eastern" (i.e. Iran/Caucasus-heavy) ancestry compared to the Bronze Age Iberian samples which I suppose might have arrived with any number of peoples there after the Bronze Age. Of course, as pointed out and is noticeable on the PCA cline too, it's much lower than in the Balkans (even the ancient Balkans) where it seems to have been present since the Bronze Age (see the already well-analyzed Mycenaean samples and the ADMIXTURE runs of the still unpublished samples in the Mathieson paper) and seems it might have increased a bit too since then. Also, as you said, ties between Iberia and North Africa are old as well and even mtDNA L was found in ancient Iberia (I forget the sample though).

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentis View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there's more West Asian/Middle Eastern in northern Greece than in Greek islands.

I will explain why: There was a population exchange between Greece and Turkey, Turks from Greece were sent to Turkey and christians from Turkey were sent to Greece. These christians were in majority genetically Anatolian locals. Most of them were settled in northern Greece. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popula...ece_and_Turkey

Some of them were settled in the Greek islands too, so that explains some things. West Asian admixture in Greece islands is probably recent, and from these refugees.

Btw, I hope that when you say "Greek islands" you don't mean Cuprus, because Cyrpus is neither a part of Greece and neither do the Cyrpiots cluster genetically close to Greeks.
    Lolno, the Minoans already had a decent amount of this type of ancestry and modern Cretans have even more - and trust me, it's not due to post-Lausanne immigrants. Similarly the vast majority of those 'recent refugees' were Greek mainlanders and islanders, as I've already pointed out to you, so a lot of them had much less 'near eastern' ancestry than Cretans do. Cretans are basically one step removed from Cypriots genetically, and they similarly received the Greek language from the mainland in the Bronze Age. You'll have to deal with this at some point.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ADonkeyBrain View Post
    Lolno, the Minoans already had a decent amount of this type of ancestry and modern Cretans have even more - and trust me, it's not due to post-Lausanne immigrants. Similarly the vast majority of those 'recent refugees' were Greek mainlanders and islanders, as I've already pointed out to you, so a lot of them had much less 'near eastern' ancestry than Cretans do. Cretans are basically one step removed from Cypriots genetically, and they similarly received the Greek language from the mainland in the Bronze Age. You'll have to deal with this at some point.
    Where are your sources about Cretans being "one step removed from Cypriots genetically" ? That's all I am going to ask because the rest of your post reeks of nonsense and butthurtness.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificed Ram View Post
    These people say a lot of things and forget that rape also means fornication and adultery, sins penalized with death in islam.

Some NA genetics in Iberia just means the success of covertion of muslims to christianism.
    Yes, but iberians will never accept this because its means berber ancestry.

Last Online
    11-21-2019 @ 05:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Nah, I just copy\pasted it from another post that I had done in another thread and we were talking specifically about Spain. Portuguese SSA average is 0.85%. Mine is 0% on K15 and 0.43% on K13.
    I agree with your questioning of this 7.1% sub saharan fairy tale wikipedia copy/paste. I am a native portuguese, on GEDmatch calculators I score within 3-6 on the distance which anything less than 5 is considered a native, and I get 2.5-4% subsaharan at the very most across all the calculators. I am as dark as a Portuguese can get. I have never met a darker native Portuguese than myself, and I have met hundreds growing up. Therefore this 7% sub saharan they claim is way way too high if I am scoring less than 4% sub saharan on Dodecade and Eurogenes calculators, because believe me, I am dark

Last Online
    11-21-2019 @ 05:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thing is, that's not an ethnic Portuguese. Clearly an immigrant and everybody knows that. I know it is hard for your small 82 IQ brain to understand that Portugal only lost their former African colonies in 1974 and that we have immigrants because there isn't such thing in Albania since no sane person would immigrate to there. Where's your excuse for the exotic faces of 100% native ethnic Albanians being posted in here?
    Everyone does know that Spain and Portugal has the highest levels of Northern European Atlantic and Baltic DNA in Southern Europe right? Even more than in Northern Italy...yeah its 50% on average between Spain and Portugal. None of you racist fools will even do your research. Didn't want to have to mention that but its true. in comparison English have 75% Northern European and Germans 70%

Put it this way, a lot of you are so damn racist that your segregating white people by their distinctive countries. You people are the reason why we have to deal with peer pressure of political correctness even though most of us are not even racist

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    North-Korea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,342
    Given: 1,349

1 Not allowed!

Iberians have very little SSA.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    North-Korea
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Nobrix View Post
    I agree with your questioning of this 7.1% sub saharan fairy tale wikipedia copy/paste. I am a native portuguese, on GEDmatch calculators I score within 3-6 on the distance which anything less than 5 is considered a native, and I get 2.5-4% subsaharan at the very most across all the calculators. I am as dark as a Portuguese can get. I have never met a darker native Portuguese than myself, and I have met hundreds growing up. Therefore this 7% sub saharan they claim is way way too high if I am scoring less than 4% sub saharan on Dodecade and Eurogenes calculators, because believe me, I am dark
    Yeah 4% SSA is higher than average.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rein View Post
    Iberians have very little SSA.
    Show me some dna tests of Spaniards with SSA. Canarians dont count, obviously.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    North-Korea
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Maybe later. There was a thread on 23andmeforums detailing this.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    North-Korea
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    An interesting website compiling what Iberians score on 23andme in different regions. Click on the map to explore individual components.
    http://iberiandna.com

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information