Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what are the minorities in romania ?

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanVlachSon View Post
    What is social class? I live in west Romania where we have a lot of minorities, I had slovak, gypsies, czechs, hungarians, serbians colleagues, all of the native from Banat.
    So all those ethnics are ''equal'' in the front of others? I do not mean laws here...but everyday lifes, jobs, positions in society etc. ? So there are no racism or any kind of discriminations between those groups?

If that is true then Romania is a very special place in the world...and most likely for example all European gypsies should move to there.

Last Online
    09-29-2021 @ 03:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 477
    Given: 288

1 Not allowed!

Beautiful scene from Ada Kaleh

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    So all those ethnics are ''equal'' in the front of others? I do not mean laws here...but everyday lifes, jobs, positions in society etc. ? So there are no racism or any kind of discriminations between those groups?

If that is true then Romania is a very special place in the world...and most likely for example all European gypsies should move to there.
    The gypsies are most hated, as in the whole world, they are hated because most of them have a crazy bling-bling culture and they are rapers, thieves, unneducated so on.
    I lived in a half gipsy half romanian neighborhood when I was a child, the gypsies stole from our garden some concrete statues, stole some puppies and in my classroom we had to make the classes with the windows open even in winter, because the gypsies didnt liked to wash themselves even if we bought for them shampoon.
    But I still had gypsies friends in that neighborhood.

There's are and some xenophobic "fights" with the hungarians, but this is more because the political and historical tensions, but nothing special, I have hungarian friends, they are accepted by everyone anywhere, is not a true hate, I even dated a hungarian girl.

In rest, there's are no tensions, we are crying for the german minority that we lost, we have german president, we have jews in the government (as always) there are still some antisemtici weirdos over the internet, but in the cities from East Romania that were full of jews, the people regret that we lost them

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    italic, Mediterranian , Romance , Neanderthal
    Ethnicity
    south european
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Hero
    Kazimiera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,074
    Given: 1,690

0 Not allowed!

why there are so many french origin words in romanian language ?
    i can understand the slavic , german , latin influence and other cultural influence because the presence of several minorities ...byt when French were in contact with romania ?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Amor Vincit Omnia View Post
    why there are so many french origin words in romanian language ?
    i can understand the slavic , german , latin influence and other cultural influence because the presence of several minorities ...byt when French were in contact with romania ?
    In 19-20 century the french culture was for romanians like nowadays american culture for europeans.
    Bucharest is called little Paris, the rich romanians sent their child to french classes, and romanians loved the french style and lifestyle.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

I lived in a half gipsy half romanian neighborhood when I was a child, the gypsies stole from our garden some concrete statues, stole some puppies and in my classroom we had to make the classes with the windows open even in winter, because the gypsies didnt liked to wash themselves even if we bought for them shampoon.
    You're joking now; right?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    italic, Mediterranian , Romance , Neanderthal
    Ethnicity
    south european
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Lazio
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Hero
    Kazimiera
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,074
    Given: 1,690

1 Not allowed!

In 19-20 century the french culture was for romanians like nowadays american culture for europeans.
    Bucharest is called little Paris, the rich romanians sent their child to french classes, and romanians loved the french style and lifestyle.

so the french influences in romanian language and culture is more a romanian decision than a french one ...I mean romania chose to adopt some elements of french culture as inspiration because the international prestige and success of france in that time (as nowaday for american cultural influence in many or almost every country )

Veteran Member crazyladybutterfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,991
    Given: 21,752

0 Not allowed!

The gypsies are most hated, as in the whole world, they are hated because most of them have a crazy bling-bling culture and they are rapers, thieves, unneducated so on.
    But I still had gypsies friends in that neighborhood.

There's are and some xenophobic "fights" with the hungarians, but this is more because the political and historical tensions, but nothing special, I have hungarian friends, they are accepted by everyone anywhere, is not a true hate, I even dated a hungarian girl.

In rest, there's are no tensions, we are crying for the german minority that we lost, we have german president, we have jews in the government (as always) there are still some antisemtici weirdos over the internet, but in the cities from East Romania that were full of jews, the people regret that we lost them
    probably because they had no water , or only cold ones available
    before water access in the homes white europeans used to wash once in 1/2 weeks or less

also some depressed people and neglected children might not wash but i doubt this was the case of these romani adolescents

i can understand if they stole unanimate objects out of lack of money , but stealing puppies is disgusting
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/att...0&d=1471874957

Quote Originally Posted by al-Bosni View Post
    I also have nails that I can use as a weapon.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/at...8&d=1509531094

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladybutterfly View Post
    probably because they had no water , or only cold ones available
    before water access in the homes white europeans used to wash once in 1/2 weeks or less

also some depressed people and neglected children might not wash but i doubt this was the case of these romani adolescents

i can understand if they stole unanimate objects out of lack of money , but stealing puppies is disgusting
    Yes, I dont think they had water home, but I remember the teacher told them a place where they can wash for free in summer.
    And this is not an excuse, do you think my family from a mountain village had hot water in their houses? We had to take water from fountains, to put it on fire and then to mix it with the cold water in a plastic bath
    No, is not okay, in Romania we have big fence at our houses, a cultural thing, is not like in USA suburbs where you have a little white fence.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romanian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    You're joking now; right?

Look how this new apertments built for free for them looks
    Even the administrative "leader" of them accept that you cant civilize his fella.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information