Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,939
    Given: 58,639

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    "Roma have been the most manipulated population of the long Yugoslav crisis. Comprising up to 5% of the population of Kosovo, their loyalty was bid over in a conflict which tolerated no neutrality. Roma were forced to choose a side in a conflict in which there was no Romani side and in which neither side accepted them as ethnically their own. In 1989, in an action which will likely not be forgotten soon by the Kosovo Albanians, some Roma in Belgrade demonstrated under a banner stating „We are behind you, Slobo" in support of the abrogation of the autonomy of the Kosovo province. Romani leaders from Kosovo attended the negotiations over Kosovo in Rambouillet, France in the early months of 1999, as members of the Serbian delegation. The overwhelming majority of Roma remained politically unengaged and desperately attempted to carve out niches for themselves where they might be spared the coming ethnic maelstrom; in a move pondered over with wonder by some anthropologists in the West, small groups of Roma in both Yugoslavia and Macedonia who had formerly declared themselves to be Albanians in the Yugoslav census, registered themselves as „Egyptians" and entered into dialogue with the Egyptian embassy in Belgrade. Legends spread in an increasingly isolated Serbia, such as the newly-invented folktale, calculated solely to exact exaggerated displays of loyalty, that „If the Roma abandon us, Serbia is truly alone." On the ground in Kosovo, as legends of Romani loyalty to Milošević became embedded in the hearts and minds of ethnic Albanians, exacting standards of loyalty among the Albanian community on the one hand, and the omnipresent Serbian police on the other, rendered Roma effectively mute. Roma who fled abroad to places where they could speak freely decried the conflict as not their own.

The Serb police and military forced Roma to work for them. In a New York Times article on April 25, an ethnic Albanian refugee testified that Serb paramilitaries had forced the local Roma to collect the bodies of those shot by Serbs and to bury them in a mass grave, on April 18, in a small village west of Lipljan, Kosovo. A number of Roma from Kosovo, who escaped together with Kosovo Albanians to Albania, testified to the Tirana-based Roma organisation Amaro Drom that in some cases Roma were forced by Serbs to loot and destroy property of Kosovo Albanians, so that Roma would be blamed too.

In other cases, Roma provided testimony about threats and murders committed by the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA). In testimony published by the Ontario-based National Post on May 6, a 48-year-old Romani farmer from Suva Reka, Kosovo, said he believed his 26-year-old son was first kidnapped and then murdered by the KLA, as the son was a friend of the local police commander who was a Serb. A woman from a Romani family from Uroševac now living in the Dračevo settlement near Skopje told a journalist of the Roma program of Macedonian television in early May that just before they came to Macedonia in early April her niece was raped in Uroševac, Kosovo by ethnic Albanians. (For more details on the alleged murders and kidnapping of Roma by KLA in 1998 and early 1999, see „Snapshots from around Europe", Roma Rights, Autumn 1998).
    In many cases Roma testified that they witnessed abuses from both sides. Agron Beriša, a 23-year-old Romani man from Kačanik, Kosovo, was a member of the Serb police force. In a testimony given to the ERRC on April 19 in Skopje, he alleged there were cases in which ethnic Albanians attempted to force the Roma to declare themselves Albanians. Meanwhile, he saw the Serbian police physically abusing Roma. Agron Beriša decided to flee to Macedonia on April 15, while his wife and their baby stayed in Kosovo. Mr Nuhi Asani from Uroševac in Kosovo arrived to Dračevo near Skopje in early April. He told Macedonian television journalists in May that he and some of his family decided to flee to Macedonia as they were afraid of Serbs; on the other hand, some other members of his family went to Belgrade as they allegedly thought it would still be safer than with ethnic Albanians in Macedonia.

Attempted lynching in Macedonian refugee camp; Romani refugees from Kosovo
    A violent anti-Romani incident took place in the refugee camp Stenkovec 1 near Skopje, Macedonia, on June 5, 1999, when ethnic Albanians physically attacked Romani refugees, claiming that one of the Roma had taken part in crimes against Albanians in Kosovo.
    At the gate of the camp, which at the time of the attack was home to almost 40,000 refugees, one Albanian refugee reportedly recognised Nazmi Halili, a 42-year-old Romani man from Podujevo, Kosovo, as a member of the Serbian police unit who had killed his father and expelled his family. Joined by several other refugees, the man attacked Mr Halili and his nephew, 22-year-old Avdula Halili, and a third Romani man present, 25-year-old Vaznen Malići from Uroševac, who was not related to the other two Roma. As the group of Albanians beating the Roma became larger, aid workers intervened and took the Romani men and three Romani children to the building of the Catholic Relief Services. According to Macedonian press, some 5000 ethnic Albanian refugees massed around the building, threatening to break into the building and kill the Roma. Albanian refugees also demanded that NATO forces take the Roma away and send them directly to the Hague for a war crimes trial. At the invitation of the UNHCR, US Ambassador to Macedonia Christopher Hill arrived in the camp and convinced the protesters that the Roma would be tried and punished if found guilty. The crowd dispersed around midnight, and the injured Roma were taken to the Skopje Military hospital. According to a UNHCR press release of June 7, the UNHCR evacuated the other seventeen members of the Romani families from the camp on the day of the incident, and accommodated them in a tent guarded by the police just outside the camp. Nazmi Halili and Vaznen Malići were released from the hospital on June 10; Avdula Halili left the hospital on the following day. The seven-member Halili family is now staying with relatives in a village near Skopje. The whereabouts of Vaznen Malići were unknown as of June 24.

"http://www.errc.org/article/roma-and-the-kosovo-conflict/798

It's simple, the reason Roma got targeted by Albanians is because they are 100% SNAKES. They'll be your neighbor one day and be the reason you die the next, the concepts of loyalty or dignity don't exist at all amongst them. The big mistake Albanians did after the Kosovo independence is to not erase all Kosovo Roma, at least with the Serbs it's the enemy you know.

I wish the Roma community the best in Serbia or in any other country but Kosovo.
    this is one dude who was member of the police force, i bet there were even ethnic albanians who were members of serb police forces. i know there have been bosniaks who were in serb army. thats hardly any evidence to generalise and expell hundred thousand roma or all roma like you say and that they are all snakes.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    this is one dude who was member of the police force, i bet there were even ethnic albanians who were members of serb police forces. i know there have been bosniaks who were in serb army. thats hardly any evidence to generalise and expell hundred thousand roma or all roma like you say and that they are all snakes.
    Those Albanians that were with Serbs ended up getting erased, no problem. Gypsies were known to collaborate with Serbs though, obviously for good reason as it was about survival. But Albanians naturally disliked it. I don't have anything against Roma people, just Roma people in Kosovo sided with the Serbs and they paid for it afterwards.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,939
    Given: 58,639

0 Not allowed!

Those Albanians that were with Serbs ended up getting erased, no problem. Gypsies were known to collaborate with Serbs though, obviously for good reason as it was about survival. But Albanians naturally disliked it. I don't have anything against Roma people, just Roma people in Kosovo sided with the Serbs and they paid for it afterwards.
    but i dont think they all "sided" with the serbs, a few maybe. you generalise them. it says some roma have been forced to put albanians into mass graves but they didnt killed them and they were forced to do so only one guy was in the police force, that is one token guy.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

but i dont think they all "sided" with the serbs, a few maybe. you generalise them. it says some roma have been forced to put albanians into mass graves but they didnt killed them and they were forced to do so only one guy was in the police force, that is one token guy.
    Gypsies followed the servian army during the ethnic cleansing of Kosova like a bunch of jackals. After that Albanians returned at their homes, who had committed crimes of course escaped and didn't wait for the return of the Albanians. This is the reason why she avoided to answer to the question of the journalist.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I haven't checked with every Roma in Kosovo but the general view then from people in Kosovo was that Roma sided with Serbs. I agree with you though that for the most part it was just about surviving and Albanians at that time simply felt anger over all circumstances and decided to lump in all Roma's with Serbs due to certain individuals or groups of Romas. I've seen some reports on what many Romas went through and it certainly is tragic, but it was a "either with us or against us" type thing. Same happened to spineless Albanians that joined the Serbs, many of them got to pay a price after the war when they thought shit was sweet.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

Have you ever heard of word collaborationist, well the ones who left have collaborated with criminal structure who killed Albanian civilians, end of story.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

1 Not allowed!

I haven't checked with every Roma in Kosovo but the general view then from people in Kosovo was that Roma sided with Serbs. I agree with you though that for the most part it was just about surviving and Albanians at that time simply felt anger over all circumstances and decided to lump in all Roma's with Serbs due to certain individuals or groups of Romas. I've seen some reports on what many Romas went through and it certainly is tragic, but it was a "either with us or against us" type thing. Same happened to spineless Albanians that joined the Serbs, many of them got to pay a price after the war when they thought shit was sweet.
    Majority of gypsies took part on killing campaign, in fact we were really generous with those who had serbian support to kill albanian civilians, I talk of both, serbs and gypsies of kosovo who were overwhelming majority in ranks of paramilitary troops.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Illyrian Warrior View Post
    Majority of gypsies took part on killing campaign, in fact we were really generous with those who had serbian support to kill albanian civilians, I talk of both, serbs and gypsies of kosovo who were overwhelming majority in ranks of paramilitary troops.
    Perhaps you're right, I'm just trying to showcase my humanitarian side here.

Last Online
    02-15-2022 @ 09:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Troll
    Ethnicity
    Troll to
    Country
    Kosovo
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    Bot
    Politics
    Based
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,160
    Given: 893

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post

https://www.quora.com/In-general-who...or-poor-people

I am not sure your question exactly but the above might help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information