I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

0 Not allowed!

I am curious what famous albanians have J2b2 illyrian and what are they known for historically?!

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drawing-slim View Post
    I am curious what famous albanians have J2b2 illyrian and what are they known for historically?!
    You will find few here:http://www.foleja.net/index.php?topic=507.0

Banned
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Shqiptar, Ilyrian, Italian?
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Agnostic/Atheist, animal interest/endearment
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ownstyler View Post
    If his son has BY611, Divac is also BY611. That's how it works.

No one is saying Divac is Albanian today, but his father's father's father's..... father, is also the father's father's.... father of 15% of Albanians today, and probably was Albanian.

There is always a range of appearances that can occur in all populations and it does not have to be because of recent admixture. Keep in mind that even ancient populations, such as Ancient Greeks, Illyrians or Celts were mixed.

The Ottomans occupied the Balkans earlier than Arab lands. The early Ottomans were probably a mixture of previously Byzantine citizens and Central Asian (Turkic) tribes, not Arabs. They adopted the Arabic alphabet, but they were not Arabs, just like Albanians use the Latin alphabet but are not Latin.

I have not heard of anything like that first night thing that you mentioned ever happening, so I am certain that even if it did, it was very rare. I am sure the people would not have accepted it and revolted. Please look into serious sources, not "internet stories". Anyway, if it was frequent, there would be a substantial proportion of Asian Y-DNA in Albanians today, but there isn't. And keep in mind that, a large number of Ottoman regional rulers were native inhabitants, not newcomers from Turkey or further away.

Italian Y-DNA changes a lot by region. They have more E and J in the South than in the North but if you want to look at Roman DNA you will have to wait for some papers that might be published this year or the next.

I suggest that instead of waiting for that you just test yourself and join the Albanian project. Since you are interested in both Y-DNA and autosomal I recommend FTDNA. Let me know if you need help with that.
    I do not believe that the early ottoman weren't a large chunk of arabs, what language were they speaking initially? When i say arab i am generalising for saudi arabia, iran, iraq, syria etc and all of these are east or south east of Turkey. There had to be a reason they opted for the arab language.

I didn't say they did that to albanian populations, the stories were about serbs which is why I brought it up (Divac). I am pretty sure that they did all sorts of vile things across europe, in particular greece and serbia due to them being religious, also bulgaria. Women killing themselves or their babies isn't so farfetched in my opinion. If you do not think the ottoman did something like this please remember that they took the first male from families to grow up and fight for them and european women as sex slaves for their leaders. There were constant revolts against the ottoman, they tried to take away albanian identity by taking away the language even in 1900s, they failed miserably

"Young Turks legalized the bastinado, or beating with a stick, even for misdemeanors, banned carrying rifles, and denied the existence of an Albanian nationality. The new government also appealed for Islamic solidarity to break the Albanians' unity and used the Muslim clergy to try to impose the Arabic alphabet."

Also something interesting regarding mountain dwelling albanians:

"Taxes on the northern tribes were difficult if not impossible for the Ottomans to collect because of the rough terrain and fierceness of the Albanian highlanders. Some mountain tribes succeeded in defending their independence through the centuries of Ottoman rule, engaging in intermittent guerrilla warfare with the Ottomans, who never deemed it worthwhile to subjugate them."
    Last edited by KastriotiBlood; 02-25-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Last Online
    11-22-2020 @ 01:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KastriotiBlood View Post
    I do not believe that the early ottoman weren't a large chunk of arabs, what language were they speaking initially? When i say arab i am generalising for saudi arabia, iran, iraq, syria etc and all of these are east or south east of Turkey. There had to be a reason they opted for the arab language.
    The Turkish language comes from Central Asia. It is more similar to Mongol than anything else that is not Turkic. Nothing to do with Arabic except for the alphabet, which they have also changed.

As for what the Ottomans did in the Balkans, no one is saying they did not do evil stuff, as all invaders do. But they did not leave any significant genetic heritage in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia or Sandzak.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ownstyler View Post
    The Turkish language comes from Central Asia. It is more similar to Mongol than anything else that is not Turkic. Nothing to do with Arabic except for the alphabet, which they have also changed.

As for what the Ottomans did in the Balkans, no one is saying they did not do evil stuff, as all invaders do. But they did not leave any significant genetic heritage in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia or Sandzak.
    Again I have my doubts. We are both albanian and we are aware of the term "jevg". Now where do you think these came from and when. They were initially either ottoman soldiers or came into our country and other countries under ottoman rule as free travelers. They are still discriminated against today and the word jevg I am sure was used by our people for hundreds of years since early ottoman conquest.

Saying the ottoman have nothing to do with arabic except for the alphabet is a contradictory statement itself, didn't the ottoman have great numbers and the wars they won in europe outside albania was mostly due to outnumbering their foes? I don't buy the mongol theory, how did they manage to get to east turkey from mongolia in such big numbers and go through so many what we call middle eastern countries along the way?

Why did they have middle eastern names like osman, ahmed and mahmud? Do mongols have these names? Also, what knowledge of islam did the mongols have, did it not start in the middle east? Why were the mongols pushing islam so much instead of middle eastern people? I don't know anything about islam, but if you can connect these dots for me that would be great
    Last edited by KastriotiBlood; 03-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

They have the same Y DNA as ancient Egyptians

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Not the same clade and subclades which are predominately of European in origins.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Who? The ottoman or the jevg? I think they are related to one another

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    Not the same clade and subclades which are predominately of European in origins.
    Then how do you explain this?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

2 Not allowed!

Then how do you explain this?
    Just lol. We already have genetic results of ancient Egyptians, and they cluster very closely with today's Egyptians and to their neighbors in the Levant and Arabia.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread Information