Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,928
    Given: 20,239

4 Not allowed!

Default Post your FTDNA results

Kind of curious about people's results.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

4 Not allowed!

I actually seem to prefer these over my 23andme results ...:

in comparison to my 23andme breakdown as shown here:

lower NE-Asian and South Asian on 23andme in comparison, which FTDNA detected much more effectively IMO it appears

thus I found FTDNA's myOrigins v2.0 to be the overall most informative bang for your buck commercial test out there based on my own personal viewpoint! whilst Ancestry.com on one hand gave me incredibly wild results: 27% Polynesian & 6% Central Asian ..like wtf

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazou View Post
    I actually seem to prefer these over my 23andme results ...:

lower NE-Asian and South Asian on 23andme in comparison, which FTDNA detected much more effectively IMO it appears

thus I found FTDNA myOrigins v2.0 to be the overall most informative bang for your buck commerical test out there based on my own personal viewpoint! whilst Ancestry.com on one hand gave me incredibly wild results: 27% Polynesian & 6% Central Asian ..like wtf
    I guess you could say you got your money's worth then!
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    11-02-2021 @ 03:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 66

3 Not allowed!

These are the 23andme transfer results. I wonder if it would be different if I got tested with ftdna.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Romanian, North Greek, Roma(Rudar), Persian, Caucasian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Wallachia
    Y-DNA
    J-Y18824
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,867
    Given: 9,321

2 Not allowed!

I would also want to have a test soon, but I do not know which one is more accurate, 23andme or AncestryDNA? Which one do you recommend me?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dimadoe View Post
    These are the 23andme transfer results. I wonder if it would be different if I got tested with ftdna.
    I'm pretty sure there would be some variation, but should be similar in accordance with your ancestry.

Which is why I find gedmatch interesting if you want a more in depth breakdown of your ancestry.

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alexino View Post
    I would also want to have a test soon, but I do not know which one is more accurate, 23andme or AncestryDNA? Which one do you recommend me?
    I would say 23andme for beginners; it is roughly $99 USD for just a ancestry report; neanderthal percentages and basic mtdna and y-dna haplogroup designations. Between the two; I would say 23andme since it has more features you can explore with. FTDNA is better for advanced users who want more in depth views of their haplogroups that can be quite expensive depending on what you get.

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Romanian, North Greek, Roma(Rudar), Persian, Caucasian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Wallachia
    Y-DNA
    J-Y18824
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,867
    Given: 9,321

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by de Burgh II View Post
    I would say 23andme for beginners; it is roughly $99 USD for just a ancestry report; neanderthal percentages and basic mtdna and y-dna haplogroup designations. Between the two; I would say 23andme since it has more features you can explore with. FTDNA is better for advanced users who want more in depth views of their haplogroups that can be quite expensive depending on what you get.
    The money is not a problem, important is to find all that is possible. For me, 23andme appears with the cost 149₤, and FTDNA 99$.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

The money is not a problem, important is to find all that is possible. For me, 23andme appears with the cost 149₤, and FTDNA 99$.
    The choice is yours; whatever alternative you feel most comfortable with broski!

- H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

3 Not allowed!

23andme tends to leave a lot of 'Non-Specific' into your results...like "Non-specific NW Euro", or "Non-specific Euro/E.Asian" etc. What I like about FTDNA is that they assign every portion/piece of your DNA to an ancestral category-component.

But if you don't mind a little non-specific in your results then 23andme is probably still the best single company available overall for most people-especially for newcomers as well; they seem to have very rigorous standards to their testing methodologies and are very Euro-centric in general or so I've heard. They for instance are the best test out there for assigning Iberian ancestry in anyone as far as I'm concerned. They also have a very large forum community on their site where you can discuss DNA, interact, and share ideas/thoughts.

If you're mostly only interested in the Gedmatch calculators apart from the GedrosiaDNA ones(which is optimized for 23andme V4 data), then you're probably best off going with FTDNA or Ancestry.com as 95% of the calculators there are optimized for FTDNA/Ancestry.com raw datas with the higher genotyping rate and all.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information