Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,300
    Given: 9,873

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    He's also right East Germans are 40%+ Balto-Slavic, although this was likely much lower before WW2 and refugees from the east.
    No, and these refugees are all migrated to West Germany lol

Last Online
    11-01-2021 @ 05:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Ancestry
    Western Transdanubia - Hungary, Austria, Croatia
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,356
    Given: 1,034

1 Not allowed!

Western

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 06:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Slovak-American
    Ancestry
    75% Slovak, 19.5% British Isles, 2.5% German, 1.5% Swiss German, 1.5% French. (Paper trail)
    Country
    Slovakia
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1a-m458(L260)
    mtDNA
    U4b1b1
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM
    Politics
    Christian
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    ya mom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,539
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Sorry i didn't know that Czech R. was the most important region of Holy Roman Empire, centre of culture and everything. Netherlands are also belonged to HRE so by your logic they are also central europeans much closer to czechs than to english or french lol
    The czech republic was a very integral part of the HRE. Multiple Holy Roman Emperors came from Bohemia and Prague was the seat of the HRE on multiple occasions. The netherlands is very similar to germany, no one is debating this so stay on topic.

And? It was not a part of Poland, the country had German majority so what the region location has to do with culture? Nothing...
    what are you even talking about. Prussia was filled with Poles even in the weren't the majority in certain parts @Peterski can give you exact amounts. The architecture, cuisine, music, lifestyle etc all has to do with the region it found itself in historically. Germans still refer to tons of Polish cities by their German name. The comparison isn't even close with France or Britain except for in Alsace.

And do you think South France and England have same music, culture and everything? Are you crazy?
    Southern France isnt part of western europe. Heres the definition of Europes regions according to the world factbook. Yea I must be real crazy...

And you should take difference between czechs and poles since they have totally different historical evolution + czechs have tons of german genetic. The West is based on the Frankish Empire (the british culture too), France and Germany are more closer to each other than France and England, and don't forget anglo-saxons were also germans, so there are common historical roots too between France, Germany and England.
    Czechs and Poles dont have a "totally" different historical evolution. Yes its different but not totally. They shared many common kings and spoke the same language up into the late middle ages. Nobody is denying that Czechs have tons in common with germans, even genetically. Thats exactly what ive been claiming the entire time, and british culture had nothing to do with the development of the Czechs. I assume you mean celtic culture. There is a vast difference between british culture and central european celtic culture. Nobody is denying Germany's historical ties to England and France. Italy and Spain were also affected by invasions of germanic tribes from Germany, however the past 500 years Germany has been oriented towards the east and this is a fact.

It was not a question, you claimed without american money Germany would be on same level with west slavs which is bullshit, just look the DDR, they were more advanced than any slavic country without americans. The german regions were always more advanced.
    Ridiculous. Germany was a shite hole after the war and was totally dependent on other countries right after. The DDR was very comparable to other Communist countries and in many ways was shittier than Yugoslavia. Check out East Germanys GDP vs Czechoslovak GDP in 1990

Are you crazy again? I can wrote many country which had bigger economy than czechs: Spain, Germany, Italy, Poland, England, Romania, Yugoslavia, France, Netherlands etc. Indeed the czech industry was adanced but it doesn't mean they had the best economy in Europe.
    I didnt say the best I said one of the best. Map from 1939 was already shared and Czechoslovakia had a better economy than half of the countries on your little list. youre racism of slavs is ridiculous.

You said slavs don't care about germans, this is not true because they do care the german money.
    exactly my point they care about german money. Also, there arent that many czechs and slovaks in Germany and Austria. There are many former yugoslavians but this is due to historical reasons after the war and germany invited them to come there. Many Yugoslavians wouldve never come to germany if they hadnt been contracted to, they were living quite well during the cold war period. Poles are every where in the world not just Germany.

If this is fact then why east germans and western poles are far away from each other according to your genetic map? Only a little part of East Germans are relative close to Western poles, and don't forget that Western poles and czechs have many german genetic or do you think theay are pure or something? You simple refute yourself.
    East germans and western poles arent far away and I dont think western poles are included in the map i sent, just the polish average. Of course, Czechs and western poles have some german ancestry, nobody is claimed they were pure, but they are still 50% plus slavic genetically, thats my point and Eastern germans are not far off. On G25 when ancient slavic populatons are used as a proxy i score between 50-60% slavic genetically and cluster close to both czechs and east germans and my results look very close to Germans from Prussia. Peterski and LukaszM can both confirm this. Im not a nationalist, this is just a fact.

Yes I don't know, please teach me daddy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j9patFf99o
    “Cool Story bro”
    63.1% Belorussian + 36.9% French @ 3.85

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Fiji
    Y-DNA
    R1A
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Big headed white man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,503
    Given: 7,004

3 Not allowed!

Peterski is just an east-german

Banned
    Last Online
    04-19-2020 @ 04:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    English, Scottish
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Robustly Western European with slightly some Eastern European substrate.

Last Online
    10-30-2022 @ 01:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Central east and east is closer to the east of Europe Central west and west is closer to Western Europe

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

0 Not allowed!

At this point I'm not even sure. I always saw them as a western/northern European population with the exception of Prussians(from modern Poland and Baltic) but it turns out that even Leipzigers have substantial Slavic ancestry. At this point I think it is safe to say that they are an 80-20 mix of western and eastern European as a whole.

Mentality wise though? Western/northern European for sure.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information