Banned
    Last Online
    12-17-2017 @ 02:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Ancestry
    Austria and Poland, stemming originally from the Rhineland, and ultimately the Levant
    Country
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    N1b2
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Armenoid
    Politics
    Paleolibertarianism
    Hero
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Religion
    Spinozism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,508
    Given: 1,329

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWin View Post
    The mosaic also have lion with red mane when lions have dark brown mane.
    Its just art to my eyes and not a photo

Alexander hair color was light (Brown) not Blonde or Red
    Alexander the Great its DinaroMed in Phenotype,
    this type can found today only in Greece and Italy.
    Even with blonde hair he is not Nordic, again its proven that he had Brown hair

We must also add the fact that before 3000 years people had lighter hair than today.
    But evolution had blonde hair to decline every year and in the next +2000 years noone would have blonde hair
    because black hair is stronger trait

Greeks and Romans bleached their hair , especially kings to look different than imortals

But not to Polios but Xanthon ideal.
    This mean ideal color was BROWN

This proven easy if we read Aristotle for races :

*Aristotle described them(Greeks) as "the perfect race" as they weren't white as Nordics but not dark as Egyptians therefore having the "perfect" complexion.

*Aristotle noted differences between Greeks and the people of the north, believing that Greek superiority was visible in their medium skin tone,
    as opposed to pale northerners and dark southerners and Africans. He claimed that blue eyes were a sign of a cowardly nature, and that they indicated poor eyesight.

*Aristotle wrote:
    “Those who are too Black are cowards, like for instance, the Egyptians and Ethiopians. But those who are excessively White (like the Scythians) are also
    cowards as we can see from the example of women, the complexion of courage is between the two.”

*There are numerous references to brunets in ancient mythology and literature, e.g., the Muses, Poseidon, Alcmena, Theseus, Zeus, Dionysos and Odysseus
    are described as possessing either dark hair or dark eyes.

*Hercules, the Greeks’ favorite hero is described as dark (melanan), hook-nosed (grupon) by Dicaearchus (Clement of Alexandria, “Protreptic to the Greeks” 2.30.7).
    Hercules was also proverbially melampugos (having a black behind) as indicative of his bravery, as opposed to pugargos (having a white behind), a coward
    Lol, I think the Lion sculpture is actually evidence of Aryan influence.

Last Online
    10-30-2023 @ 08:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,705
    Given: 4,442

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Lol, I think the Lion sculpture is actually evidence of Aryan influence.

Aryan its a myth , dont exist.

Read Aristotle to make fun with light pigment Scythians

Banned
    Last Online
    12-23-2017 @ 09:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italo-Celtic (Itallic,Celtic,Neolithic)
    Ethnicity
    50% Italian 50% British (30% Scottish, 12% Irish, 8% English)
    Country
    Vatican City
    Y-DNA
    J-L829
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Pigmentation of Roman and Byzantine Emperors:
    Julius Caesar
    Eyes: black (nigra) (Suetonius. lul. 45)
    Skin: pale white (leukos) (Plutarch. Caes. 17)

Augustus
    Hair: almost blond (light brown?) (subflavum) (Suetonius. Aug. 79)
    Eyes: grey (glauci) (Pliny. HN. xi)
    Skin: between dark, and fair (Suetonius)

Tiberius
    Eyes: grey (glauci) (Pliny. HN. xi. 37)
    Skin: light (candido) (Suetonius. Tib. 68)

Caligula
    Beard: golden (aurea) (Suetonius. Calig. 52)
    Skin: white (Suetonius. Calig. 50)

Nero
    Hair: almost blond (light brown?) (subflavum) (Suetonius. Ner. 51)
    Eyes: blue (caesis) (Suetonius. Ner. 51)
    Skin: radiant (Sen. Y. Apocol)

Galba
    Eyes: blue (caeruleis) (Suetonius. Galb. 21)

Vitellius
    Hair: reddish (Malalas. Chronogr. 10. 259. 335)
    Eyes: grey (Malalas. Chronogr. 10. 259. 335)
    Skin: ruddy (Suetonius. Vit. 17)

Vespasian
    Eyes: wine colored (Malalas. Chronogr. 10. 336)

Titus
    Hair: blond (Cougny. Anthol. Palat. £131, p. 20)

Domitian
    Hair: blond (xanthus) (Malalas)
    Eyes: grey (glaukds) (Malalas)
    Skin: pale (Pliny. Y. Panegyr. xlviii. 4)

Trajan
    Hair: blond (Sieglin 1935. p. 109)

Hadrian
    Hair: dark (kuanochaita) (Sibylline Oracle. v. 46b-50)
    Eyes: grey (glaukdphthalmos) (Polem. 148. Malalas. Chronogr. 11. 277. 363; Scr. Phys. ii. 51-52)

Antoninus Pius
    Eyes: wine colored (Malalas Chronogr 11. 280)

Lucius Verus
    Hair: blond (Historia Augusta. Life of Verus. x. 7)

Marcus Aurelius
    Skin: shining, and transparent (Julian. Caesars. 317c)

Commodus
    Hair: blond (Herodian. i. 12. 5)
    Eyes: grey (Malalas. Chronogr. 33)

Didius Julianus
    Hair: blond (in a coin inscription he is described as looking like Commodus) (Coins of the Roman Empire, and the British museum. 5. ixix)

Elagabulus
    Skin: fair, bright face (Bibliotheca Hagiographica Graeca)

Constantius Chlorus
    Hair: fair (Zonaras. Epitome. Historiarum. 12. 31b)

Constantine I
    Hair: black (John Mauropous)
    Eyes: blue (Polemo of Laodicea. De Physiognomonica)
    Skin: ruddy, fair (Euseb. Life of Const; Malalas. Chronogr. 13. 1)

Constantius II
    Hair: blond (George Cedrenus. Compendium Historiarum. p. 521)

Jovian
    Eyes: blue (Canter, 1928, p. 396)

Valentinian I
    Eyes: blue (Amm. Marc. 30. 9. 6)

Theodosius I
    Hair: blond (Cedrenus. Compendium Historiarum. p. 552; Aur. Vict. Caes. 48.8)

Arcadius
    Skin: swarthy (subnigri) (Philostorgius. xii. 3)

Theodosius II
    Hair: golden (Cedrenus. Compendium Historiarum. p. 587)

Anastasius I
    Eyes: 1 blue eye, 1 brown eye (Michael Psellos. Chronographia. 69)

Justinian I
    Skin: ruddy (Historia Arcana viii. 4ff)

Theodora
    hair: black (John Mauropous. Johannis Euchaitarum Metropolitae quae supersunt in cod. Poems. 57, 75, 80, 87)

Heraclius
    Eyes: blue (Leo Grammatikos, Hist. i. 47)
    Skin: fair (Leo Grammatikos, Hist. i. 47)

Basil II
    Eyes: blue (Michael Psellos. Chronographia. 35)

Zoe Porphyrogenita
    Hair: golden ( Michael Psellos. Chronographia. 86)
    Skin: white (Michael Psellos. Chronographia. 86)
    Pigmentation does not matter, Aristocracy commonly had more lighter eyed/haired people than the common population, Italy in Ancient times and today was 40% light eyed and 10-12% light haired. By phenotype, they were not Nordic.

Constantine II, clearly was not depicted with blue eyes, it's a brownish color, light brown or hazel.

Another one clearly has blue eyes.

Basil II , even if he did have blue eyes, hes pretty swarthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zo%C3%AB_Porphyrogenita Zoe, "Golden hair" you would think she would be depicted with blue eyes but it's brown. These sources are unreliable, clearly they were depicting these Eastern Roman Emperors/Empress according to their features since one of them obviously has blue eyes. If only the Early Roman Emperors would have done this so we would know for sure, these sources seem like nonsense compared to actual depictions.

Justinian clearly light brown/hazel eyes and black hair.

Hair Color. According to the Roman historian Suetonius, born in the 1st century, Julius Caesar had brown hair and brown eyes Caesar the obviously most influential Roman Emperor in History had brown hair and brown eyes.

Emperor Septimus Serverus was half Italian from a Patrician family (from his mothers side) and half Punic, possible Beber ancestry on his Fathers side, his fathers side was probably predominately Phoenician. He might have been of my exact Haplogroup since my Y-DNA corresponds with Phoenician expansion into the Mediterranean and Phoenicia was more advanced than Ancient Rome when Rome was just a town, it had urbanization and a superior navy that the Roman Italians back engineered and made a knock off version that was inferior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...oenician_abjad Greeks also adopted their alphabet.

I vaguely remember you, I think you looked like one of those rural town "hillbilly rednecks", basically the White equivalent to a Ghetto trash Negroid when you used to post pictures on here but this is only going by your looks and one should not judge based on looks if those individuals look the part but don't live up to a stereotype.

You seem to have this Nordic WE WUZ KANGZ fantasy like GrabTheCuck does, it is a hopeless effort, none of the Roman Emperors have Germanic ancestry, very few looked Nordic.

There are around 165-170 Roman Emperors with depictions of themselves, this is only 30 of them. Many had darker features.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusAurelius View Post
    Pigmentation does not matter, Aristocracy commonly had more lighter eyed/haired people than the common population, Italy in Ancient times and today was 40% light eyed and 10-12% light haired. By phenotype, they were not Nordic.

Constantine II, clearly was not depicted with blue eyes, it's a brownish color, light brown or hazel.

Another one clearly has blue eyes.

Basil II , even if he did have blue eyes, hes pretty swarthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zo%C3%AB_Porphyrogenita Zoe, "Golden hair" you would think she would be depicted with blue eyes but it's brown. These sources are unreliable, clearly they were depicting these Eastern Roman Emperors/Empress according to their features since one of them obviously has blue eyes. If only the Early Roman Emperors would have done this so we would know for sure, these sources seem like nonsense compared to actual depictions.

Justinian clearly light brown/hazel eyes and black hair.

Hair Color. According to the Roman historian Suetonius, born in the 1st century, Julius Caesar had brown hair and brown eyes Caesar the obviously most influential Roman Emperor in History had brown hair and brown eyes.

Emperor Septimus Serverus was half Italian from a Patrician family (from his mothers side) and half Punic, possible Beber ancestry on his Fathers side, his fathers side was probably predominately Phoenician. He might have been of my exact Haplogroup since my Y-DNA corresponds with Phoenician expansion into the Mediterranean and Phoenicia was more advanced than Ancient Rome when Rome was just a town, it had urbanization and a superior navy that the Roman Italians back engineered and made a knock off version that was inferior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...oenician_abjad Greeks also adopted their alphabet.

I vaguely remember you, I think you looked like one of those rural town "hillbilly rednecks", basically the White equivalent to a Ghetto trash Negroid when you used to post pictures on here but this is only going by your looks and one should not judge based on looks if those individuals look the part but don't live up to a stereotype.

You seem to have this Nordic WE WUZ KANGZ fantasy like GrabTheCuck does, it is a hopeless effort, none of the Roman Emperors have Germanic ancestry, very few looked Nordic.

There are around 165-170 Roman Emperors with depictions of themselves, these are only 20 of them. Many had darker features.
    Dont forget that in ancient World people had lighter features but with evolution Black hair and black eyes take the lead.
    After 2000 years no light eyes and light hair would exist because dark is stronger

People with light eyes have weaker eyesight and not well protected from Melanin.
    Its evolution, dont forget Europe was like north pole in the past and Sahara was just like modern Europe

Even north Africans were probably light skin people and not dark like today, also Niggers are a later time evolution
    and first Humanoids from Africa were not niggers

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,459

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Then why was it used to describe the colour of lions, corn and fire. That's clearly (dirty) blonde.
    You are being nitpicky. Dirty blonde and light-brown are almost the same color. There are several languages that don't even distinguish blue and green as separate colors, so it isn't unusual for Greek to have had one word to refer to both colors.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

1 Not allowed!

Aristocracy in both upper classes didn't have darker or lighter traits than lower classes, and what these barbarian idiots can't understand, is that what in northern Europe they mean by blonde, differs from how southern Europeans use the same term, which here includes everything from medium brown to golden, and of course it represents almost the 40% of the population

Also these dumbs, forget the most important about ancient Greece and Rome, which is that both (Rome before Augustus) were DEMOCRACIES, something that barbarians discovered very recently, and as a result
    the elite was not stable, like in northern and especially central Europe, where useless families and useless people with zero achievements(like Hansbroughs) rule the local societies for Millenniums

"Nowhere in historic evidence is there any valid evidence that the upper classes differed from the rest because of the racial background... Modern assertions that the masters preserved Nordic outlook are pure nonsense..not of the ancient evidence"

Starr, 1991, the origins of Greek civilization

That's what academic society supports, you keep reading grab the gauge and the rest of Southern European wannabes here

Banned
    Last Online
    06-09-2018 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 1,113

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post

Also these dumbs, forget the most important about ancient Greece and Rome, which is that both (Rome before Augustus) were DEMOCRACIES, something that barbarians discovered very recently....

"DEMOCRACIES, something that barbarians discovered very recently".

What is wrong with you boy?

You call people "barbarians".

Modern democracy is something totally different than ancient democracy. The Athenian democracy did not apply to the many slaves, women and foreigners. Even if you have a blood of ancient Greeks (which is very dubious), the majority of your ancestors were people without any rights and people who worked for their masters whose "democracy" you idolize now.
    Last edited by katniss; 10-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    "DEMOCRACIES, something that barbarians discovered very recently".

What is wrong with you boy?

You call people "barbarians".

Modern democracy is something totally different than ancient democracy. The Athenian democracy did not apply to the many slaves, women and foreigners. Even if you have a blood of ancient Greeks (which is very dubious), the majority of your ancestors were people without any rights and people who worked for their masters whose "democracy" you idolize now.
    Slaves in ancient Greece were castrated eunuchs , they not reproduced.
    Also Democracy existed ONLY IN ATHENS

Democrasy is shit system and majority of Greek tribes had Kingdoms.
    Modern Democracy is the worst political system ever but Barbarians were ever worst,
    they mixed with anyone and absorbed many different tribes in their ranks while
    Greeks never mixed with Barbarians or Slaves (eunuchs).They had Laws

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWin View Post
    Slaves in ancient Greece were castrated eunuchs , they not reproduced.
    Also Democracy existed ONLY IN ATHENS

Democrasy is shit system and majority of Greek tribes had Kingdoms.
    Modern Democracy is the worst political system ever but Barbarians were ever worst,
    they mixed with anyone and absorbed many different tribes in their ranks while
    Greeks never mixed with Barbarians or Slaves (eunuchs).They had Laws
    Rome tried with Republic but they also switched to Empire soon after.

"Multitude of rulers is not a good thing, let there be one ruler, one king"... Homer?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Rome tried with Republic but they also switched to Empire soon after.

"Multitude of rulers is not a good thing, let there be one ruler, one king"... Homer?
    Democracy will fuck up the world, no Ruler is free to make the changes it needed.

An example is modern Greece, people dont let Politicians make the changes needed to save the country,
    i remember many tried to save economic situation in Greece in the past but people(democracy) put them down

This cant happen with a King Ruler , its a risk but if you get someone like Alexander or Putin you are in good hands

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread Information