European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,758
    Given: 8,734

0 Not allowed!

Default Sunday evening

Here we are again. Sunday evening. The most depressed moment of the week, isn't it?

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,635
    Given: 16,016

4 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,875
    Given: 16,891

0 Not allowed!

In Germany most of us gott off Thursday and Frifay, so I look forward to this week

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Today is a bank holiday in the UK ... so a lot of public places will be closed and no work today! I like being at work though and I enjoy my job a lot.

I don't usually feel blue as much as feeling a bit anxious on Sunday evenings (and sometimes on weekday evenings too)... worrying if I've set my alarm, worrying about getting enough sleep, etc. But I actually feel a bit excited and look forward to being at work as I love being around animals and it's good exercise.

I went to work all day on Saturday though (which I don't usually do,) so yesterday (Sunday) felt like it was Saturday, and today (Bank Holiday Monday) now feels like a Sunday.

2018 UK Bank and Public Holidays:

New Year's Day: Monday 1 January.
    Good Friday: Friday 30 March.
    Easter Monday: Monday 2 April.
    Early May bank holiday: Monday 7 May.
    Spring bank holiday: Monday 28 May.
    Summer bank holiday: Monday 27 August.
    Christmas Day: Tuesday 25 December.
    Boxing Day: Wednesday 26 December.

Edit: Just because I don't have to go out to work today, I still have to do the housework - and I've done a lot of spring-cleaning recently, but still have more to finish.

I find housework therapeutic in a way as I like to feel organised, (although I can think of plenty of far more interesting and fun things in life than doing hours of ironing, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge and cooker, etc,) but it's easier to do cleaning work whilst listening to YT documentaries or listening to some music, so it keeps you awake and you don't feel tired from boredom.

C'est la vie!
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-07-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-24-2023 @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Home Counties of England, Northern Iberia, Southern Brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,398
    Given: 1,472

2 Not allowed!

I'm self employed, and I'm very lenient about my own work hours, I haven't felt that Late Sunday - Early Monday blues in a while WOOT!

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,817
    Given: 12,718

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
    Here we are again. Sunday evening. The most depressed moment of the week, isn't it?
    I used to have that feeling when I was in elementary school and high school. I was all like, "Tomorrow is gonna suck hairy balls." I didn't have that depressing feeling during vacation or since. Life sucks when you have curfews, bed time, and all that other shit. That Sunday evening depressing feeling was a reminder that life revolves around the decisions of others. That's a terrible feeling. Now Sunday evening is like any other evening to me.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    I used to have that feeling when I was in elementary school and high school. I was all like, "Tomorrow is gonna suck hairy balls." I didn't have that depressing feeling during vacation or since. Life sucks when you have curfews, bed time, and all that other shit. That Sunday evening depressing feeling was a reminder that life revolves around the decisions of others. That's a terrible feeling. Now Sunday evening is like any other evening to me.
    Same. I used to get an sick feeling of dread, high anxiety, fears and worries on Sunday evenings when I was in my junior and secondary schools. I would procrastinate and then panic and suddenly do my revision, or do my school homework at the last minute...

It used to annoy my mother that I'd prefer to watch TV or play with my friends, and would leave my maths homework to the last minute... (so I could stay-up a bit later past bedtime!)

I couldn't enjoy the TV programmes much though as it was constantly on my mind, 'Oh gosh, I still need to do my homework... if I don't do it, the teacher might tell me off tomorrow in front of the classroom... '

When my Mum would switch-off the TV, she'd say to me, 'It's now bedtime'. I'd feel sad and afraid and would want to stay-up for another hour. So then I'd quietly say, 'But Mum.. I need to do my homework...' She'd tell me off in annoyance... but then she'd sit with me at a table to explain things as she's very good at maths, so we could quickly do it together... and I could stay-up a bit longer!

I learned in later years that getting the school homework done asap was the better option to get it off my mind, so I could feel more relaxed once it was all done and out of the way.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-07-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,817
    Given: 12,718

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Same. I used to get an sick feeling of dread, high anxiety, fears and worries on Sunday evenings when I was in my junior and secondary schools. I would procrastinate and then panic and suddenly do my revision, or do my homework at the last minute... It used to annoy my mother that I'd prefer to watch TV or play with my friends and then leave my homework to the last minute so I had an excuse at bedtime to stay up late.
    During high school I would do my homework at the last minute on Sunday evening. Often times I wouldn't be able to to finish and so I'd copy from someone in the cafeteria in the morning. In elementary school I had to do my homework as soon as I got home but in high school I was too old to have someone look over my shoulder and so naturally I'd do everything in the last minute.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    During high school I would do my homework at the last minute on Sunday evening. Often times I wouldn't be able to to finish and so I'd copy from someone in the cafeteria in the morning. In elementary school I had to do my homework as soon as I got home but in high school I was too old to have someone look over my shoulder and so naturally I'd do everything in the last minute.
    lol... just hope that the person who you copied from didn't make a load of mistakes.

I remember at my very first primary school when I was 5 and new to school... I wasn't paying much attention in the classroom to what was being taught and played with my fingers instead.

I felt nervous and totally confused and bewildered as I didn't understand what I was supposed to write in the square boxes of the infant level exercise work-books that we were given.

So I copied everything that my new school friend (who I was sitting next to) wrote in the boxes and lines and squares in her book.

Then I stood behind my friend in a little queue to have the work marked at the teacher's desk... and the teacher was marking everything she'd written in the numbers and shapes for the boxes as all incorrect.

She then noticed the exact same mistakes with my work - and then she said that one of us was copying the other. I was too young at the time to understand why copying work wasn't ok.

So after that, our teacher said we could no longer sit next to each other in the classroom and I felt sad and also worried. Who would I copy from now? *panic feeling* I thought the teacher was being mean to not let us sit together. I didn't understand it.

I didn't realise it at the time, but the teacher did me a favour though - because she helped me to understand what I was supposed to do as I then tried to guess the answers and got them incorrect... and so after she'd helped me to understand the exercises, I then was able to learn how to work things out and concentrate better.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 05-07-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region