Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hungary Celebrates Atatürk and 94 Years of Turkish History!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

And..what relations do Hungarians have with Turks regarding culture, genetics and so on? If anything, Hungarians are no different from other Europeans, especially central Europeans. Besides, didn't the Hungarians fought and pushed back the Turks back to Anatolia during the Austro-Hungarian empire in the middle ages?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by McCree900 View Post
    And..what relations do Hungarians have with Turks regarding culture, genetics and so on? If anything, Hungarians are no different from other Europeans, especially central Europeans. Besides, didn't the Hungarians fought and pushed back the Turks back to Anatolia during the Austro-Hungarian empire in the middle ages?
    You have asked this question previously in the Japanese Shinto thread. I thought that the answer was satisfactory for an overview, but maybe you didn't read it? I have pasted it below. Also, I use information from several Hungarian and non Hungarian academic sources. Many Turkish professors and researchers today say Turks and Hungarians are the same/brother people.

Quote:

As far as your Hungarian - Turk commonality question, there is much to be said. I am going to assume you have read a few posts I have made before. For convenience, I will list things that are not disputed by academia (language family disputes, etc). I am happy you ask for the similarities, as there are many.

All of the names of our leaders were Turkic before we became Catholic. We followed Tengrism while on the steppes together. Our alphabet is directly derived from Old Turkic as a child system. We have many Turkic words that are as old as the language and our ancient lifestyle itself. We lived in yurts and fought on horseback with the same tactics. Our government structure was based directly on the Turkic model. We lived together in Central Asia for hundreds of years. Fellow Turkic peoples like the Avars, Cumans, Pechenegs, etc, settled in Hungary. We celebrate our common culture and brotherhood today, with Kurultaj. The Turul bird is used in many places still in Asia, and it has always been a symbol of the Hungarians; it is used in many ways in Hungary today as well, of course. The Avar councils use the Turul bird (ask Buusra, if you see her around; she does a lot of academic work about Avars and has many contacts with professors who say they are related to Hungarians). These are just a handful of similarities, of which I am more than happy to divulge the sources for.

As for your comment about genetics and culture, I believe we are in agreement. I have never stated that Hungarians (or other Turkic peoples in general) today are 100% Asian in any sense, or even close. We mostly cluster around our area in Central/Eastern Europe, with more from Balkans, Eastern Europe, or Germanic peoples depending on each Hungarian's genetic background influenced by the many population changes. As you may already know, this has been a consistent statement of mine in many threads, such as the "Turanid Race" thread, and even my own GEDmatch results thread. Many others across Turkic/Turan nations also feel this unity, very strongly. Today, many of us have varying cultural, religious, and genetic differences. However, it is not correct to say these feelings lead us to say we are identical. It is about a common culture, communion, and homeland of the past, rekindled in the present.

Tel Aviv R1a underground lab facility Proto-Shaman's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 01:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo Altai
    Ethnicity
    ethnic
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    x
    mtDNA
    y
    Politics
    Shlomo Kurganstein
    Hero
    مُحَمَّد‎
    Religion
    Shlomo ᛋᛋ-project
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,410
    Given: 6,858

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by McCree900 View Post
    Hungarian mtDNA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information