View Poll Results: Should the Church stop teaching that homosexuality is a sin?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is time to adapt and get with the times

9 18.75%
  • No, Christian teaching should never change like a fashion

30 62.50%
  • I don't care

9 18.75%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Should the Church stop teaching that homosexuality is a sin?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-03-2021 @ 06:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 191

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioan assen View Post
    And in my experience the most judgmental ppl are the most sinful.
    Did you do researches, that you write such statement?

Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 11:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Northeastern Bulgarian, Southeastern Thracian Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    European, Mediteranean
    Politics
    Democratic, Proeuropean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 300

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Did you do researches, that you write such statement?
    No, but for example the muslims cry how moral they are and I have heard such an atrocities committed by even members of the royal families in the middle east that is hard to believe. And from reliable sources.
    And in general the so called moralists are deeply repressed and have the same desires they so wholeheartedly condemn. They have anger and hate for the people that they do the things they want to do. That's valid for the homophobes too, but not only.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

4 Not allowed!

I think I'm ready to address this subject.

In short - no, Christian teaching should not change. God's teaching does not change depending on what's fashionable.

This is something I've struggled with. At the age of 28, I've never had a relationship with a female. I did have a relationship with another male, which lasted a few months. That's going on 7 years ago. In fact, my very first homosexual encounter, which occurred with this individual, was exactly seven years ago today -- January 28, 2012. So perhaps it is highly appropriate for me to open about this now. On this very day.

I never would have accepted God as being opposed to something I saw as so fundamental to who I was. I always wanted to love, and be loved. I could only imagine having that without another male. Yet, all while I was an atheist, I went through phases and affiliations with certain ideologies that would have also condemned me for being gay. White nationalism and Ukrainian nationalism, in particular. But why was I drawn to these ideologies? Ultimately, I wanted to serve some greater cause. The idea of living just for my own self-gratification does not really appeal to me.

Likewise, my journey in newfound Christian faith also began precisely one month ago - December 28, 2018. God has absolutely intervened in my life. I was walking towards the edge of a cliff - but God just snatched me right back, hasn't let me go, and will not!

Most importantly, God showed me that He is Love. Nothing shows Love more than self-sacrifice. The wages of sin are death, but we are all sinners. Yet God loves us! That's why Christ Jesus took the punishment for our sins, so that we may be saved by the grace of God, if we so choose to accept God's grace and mercy. Well, I choose to accept that amazing, gracious gift! Thank you so much, to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We have a wonderful God who loves us to death. Think about that for a minute!

The Love of God is more fulfilling than any carnal desire. Just as God's Love entails self-sacrifice on His part, so too must our love for God. We must obey His commandments, to the best of our ability. That means avoiding sin, even in spite of temptation to sin--which in my case would be putting my own satisfaction above God's. Although our salvation is through grace and not our own good works, this is the least we can do to repay God for His amazing grace!

There are only two possibilities for my life, going forward. I could very well live a celibate life. That's fine with me. I am not particularly interested in sex. Love is what I really wanted, after all--but I never found it through homosexuality, and I've labored fruitlessly (off and on) to find it. Feeling the Love of God is all I need to keep me going. Or, potentially, if God wills it, I could find a woman who's right for me, and who could accept me despite my past.

Either way, I entrust my earthly life and eternal destiny to God.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

2 Not allowed!

Expanding on my previous post, I will say that God has given me the gift of celibacy, and I thank Him for it! I really do! It is not a burden to be celibate. It's a gift! I'm not just saying that. God would NOT saddle me with something that I cannot handle. I look to God for all my needs. I want to feel His warm and loving embrace every single day. And, realizing that I have received His unconditional election, that's precisely what I feel every night when I go to bed. I don't need to worry about pleasing another human partner or sharing my bed with them.

Love. Divine love. Overpowering love. That's all I need - now and eternally. No sex. Not even any masturbation any longer. My body is not my own - it's God's!

I surrender my body and my life to God. Everything I am, everything I possess, everything about me - it's all His! In all ways, I desire to live for His glory, and not my own! I really wish I could just leave my job in Corporate America and devote myself entirely to Christ. I am going to have to speak to my pastor soon and see if there many be any opportunities for me to do so. I won't have children or a spouse to support, so I see no reason I should feel compelled to be part of the rat race that is the work culture of this world. I don't need or desire a fancy car, fancy clothes, or other shallow things. If I devote my life to God, I know He will provide all necessities for me.

Last Online
    08-07-2021 @ 09:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Australo-Pacifica
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Politics
    Right-Wing Environmentalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 106

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Expanding on my previous post, I will say that God has given me the gift of celibacy, and I thank Him for it! I really do! It is not a burden to be celibate. It's a gift! I'm not just saying that. God would NOT saddle me with something that I cannot handle. I look to God for all my needs. I want to feel His warm and loving embrace every single day. And, realizing that I have received His unconditional election, that's precisely what I feel every night when I go to bed. I don't need to worry about pleasing another human partner or sharing my bed with them.

Love. Divine love. Overpowering love. That's all I need - now and eternally. No sex. Not even any masturbation any longer. My body is not my own - it's God's!

I surrender my body and my life to God. Everything I am, everything I possess, everything about me - it's all His! In all ways, I desire to live for His glory, and not my own! I really wish I could just leave my job in Corporate America and devote myself entirely to Christ. I am going to have to speak to my pastor soon and see if there many be any opportunities for me to do so. I won't have children or a spouse to support, so I see no reason I should feel compelled to be part of the rat race that is the work culture of this world. I don't need or desire a fancy car, fancy clothes, or other shallow things. If I devote my life to God, I know He will provide all necessities for me.
    God bless you, this is a wonderful post.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

It is a sin and the Bible's teachings are timeless (and for all times and thus forever.. enshrined etc.) - they have been handed down to us by God himself. Who are we to change them now ?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Bogdan

1 Not allowed!

No.

El_Abominacion

2 Not allowed!

nope. We can't change a literal religion to not offend people - it is what it is

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Personally I don't care but I think Church should adopt "don't ask don't tell" attitude and if they criticize people's sin they should criticize sexual activities outside of marriage, unappropriate sexual thoughts (not to mention corruption, criminal, selfishness and other sins etc) with the same passion, so we'll see how many "customers" of Church will stay there.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

0 Not allowed!

Even though Christianity allows itself to be informed by modern day advancements in science and medicine, (unlike religions such as Islam who are stuck in the backward 7th century Arabian mindset) I still believe something as crucial as the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman, and the divergence of that practice through homosexuality or any other form immorality, should not be something that Christianity should unanimously start regarding as non-sinful.

In saying that, We must also admit that people have got same sex attractions, and that it's nothing new, but something that has existed in humans for a long time.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information