Italian, Irish, British, European Jewish, and Danish
    Country
    Switzerland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 590

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grab the Gauge View Post
    Future drug addict and OD statistic in this thread.
    I don't misuse my meds and I take them as prescribed to me by my doctor.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2018 @ 07:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turanoid Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian - Circassian - KABARDIAN - Kumukhuj - Turkic
    Ancestry
    Caucasia
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Taxonomy
    Tlepsh
    Politics
    Contributionist Digitist
    Hero
    DigiFart Man
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 829
    Given: 276

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    I don't misuse my meds and I take them as prescribed to me by my doctor.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2018 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 2,395

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kike Killer View Post
    Taking these poisonous drugs aren't going to treat your ocd and depression infact will make it worse for you in the long run. Those drugs aren't fixing any chemical imbalances, you are only feeling a placebo effect from those drugs and at the same time it is damaging your neurotransmitter. Psychiatry is bullshit, just check out this website www.madinamerica.com to learn about the harmful effects of the drugs. You can contact the website and one of the doctors can help you wean off those drugs.
    +1.

Psychiatry by the way is thought to be controlled by Jews, but not sure if that's entirely accurate.

I know Indian psychiatrists, and they have many Jewish colleagues.
    Last edited by Fractal; 12-30-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    Does anyone on here take, or have taken in the past, barbiturates (Seconal, Tuinal, Amytal, Nembutal, Butisol, etc.) for sleep ? If so, what were your experiences ?
    No.

Sleep will come naturally if you tire yourself out enough during the day... because all humans have to sleep at some point when the body's tired. A human can't stay awake forever.

I don't think barbiturates are often prescribed to patients suffering from insomnia in the UK. If you can't sleep one night, then stay awake the next day and doctors advise to only take 20 mins max in a nap to refresh, and you'll sleep the following night.

The older and more inactive people get in life, the less sleep they require... compared to infants, children, teens and physically active young adults.

Doctors on the NHS are reluctant to prescribe sleeping pills unless it's a last resort after other methods are tried first. GP's tend to prefer encouraging alternative methods for treating insomnia and anxiety, etc, such as referring people to CBT and therapy, sleep help discussion groups, and they often give their patients printed sheets of paper full of natural methods and techniques to get into a regular sleep routine - such as strictly avoiding naps during the day, taking fresh air and exercise, avoiding caffeine and nicotine (stimulants) during the evenings, sipping relaxing herbal teas, having a relaxing bath and massage, etc.

Pharmacies in the UK usually have natural herbal remedies (such as valerian, chamomile, lavender,) to assist with sleep, without all the side-effects of addictive prescription sleeping pills.

Sometimes GP's in the UK prescribe a low dosage of zopiclone for a few weeks only... but no longer than a month whilst patients in hospitals are encouraged to get into a regular sleep pattern, otherwise people will need higher and higher dosages of the drug to get the same effect, and GP's don't want to give their patients an addiction problem.

I've been given zopiclone in hospitals before, but doctors won't give it to patients for long. I made a whole box of 28 tiny little zopiclone sleeping pills last me for a year, as I only take them as a last resort if I can't sleep and never abuse my dosage.

Another alternative that's prescribed in the UK are antihistamines that create drowsy side-effects (usually given to treat hayfever sufferers and allergy sufferers.) Antihistamines can also help assist with sleep, without creating a dependency or an addiction problem, and they have less side-effects than sleeping pills and tranquilisers.

I'm prescribed with antihistamines for the purposes of insomnia as a non-addictive alternative to sleeping pills. (Promethazine - I only take it a few times (maybe 2 or 3 times) a year tho. It doesn't have an instant effect, so you have to take it earlier in the evening, and to help the drowsy side-effects wear-off earlier in the morning.)

They're tiny little white pills and a lot of patients in hospital like zopiclone. I've seen patients begging nurses for zopiclone, valium, etc, after ward doctors have reduced the dosage or stopped prescribing it to them. One nurse gave me a zopiclone out of humanity once when I really needed one and couldn't sleep in hospital due to disturbances on the ward.

I don't know if private doctors in the UK will prescribe them if people are willing to pay for such drugs.

The effects of barbs;- they're a depressant: https://homehealth-uk.com/barbiturates/

Too many people have overdosed and died on them. Michael Jackson became addicted to sleeping pills and prescription painkillers and he'd pay private clinics and doctors a lot of money for his pills - until his doctor (Conrad Murray) killed him. Marilyn Monroe died from an overdose of barbs.

People can start becoming dependent on other drugs too, such as an amphetamine-effect 'upper' pill during the day to counteract the drowsy side-effects of sleeping pills in order to stay awake.... a 'downer' pill to make them sleep, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 01-05-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    05-03-2018 @ 08:39 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Switzerland
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    No. Wtf? What's going on in Switzerland?! From Swiss restaurants serving cats and dogs to eat.... to people being prescribed with drastic and dangerous pills such as barbs just to sleep.
    I'm in the U.S actually. Here, barbiturates are still used in medicine --- phenobarbital for seizures and detoxing people, butabital for tension headaches, butabarbital for anxiety and insomnia, and secobarbital for insomnia and pre-op sedation, etc. I'm tried everything for sleep as I've mentioned before, secobarbital is the only thing that works for me and was an option of last resort --- my case was the first time in almost thirty years that my psychiatrist had written a prescription for secobarbital. When taken as directed, barbiturates work wonderfully.

IME, barbiturates are excellent for sleep and vastly superior to benzodiazepines and the like. I sleep and get a good night's rest without feeling hung over and groggy --- they also don't effect my memory like other meds do.

What do you think of absinthe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe
    I've can't say I have ever had it's acquaintance.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Yummy yummy...

Last Online
    05-03-2018 @ 08:39 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Switzerland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Marilyn Monroe died from an overdose of barbs.
    She was also drinking alcohol and taking other drugs like chloral hydrate and benzos (librium). It was the combination of all of the above IMO that killed her. It's no secret that polydrug abuse is often lethal.

Barbiturates have a bad reputation that personally I feel that they don't deserve --- when taken as directed they're not anymore dangerous then benzodiazepines and superior in therapeutic effects. Barbiturates may be old school, but sometimes the old school stuff is the best stuff.

Just my $0.02

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Have you ever tried using melatonin? Many strong drugs might mess with your brain, sometimes they even prescribe antipsychotics for insomnia...
    If you can cut down on coffee and avoid being exposed to the blue light and LEDs (before going to sleep) it will help as well.
    Can i ask you what is it exactly you are suffering from? Is it anxiety disorder?

With Best Regards, Dr. shlömö

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information