England
    Politics
    Summon the Fyrd
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Default Surge in Britons converting to Islam

White women lead a wave of Britons embracing Islam, with a 50 per cent rise in converts living in this country in a decade according to a new report. The number of converts to Islam may have risen from around 60,000 in 2001 to up to 100,000, according to estimates in a report for the Faith Matters organisation.
    A study by Kevin Brice, of Swansea University, on behalf of Faith Matters, found 5,200 people converted to Islam in the UK last year.
    A survey of 122 converts last year showed 56% were white British, with women making up 62% of respondents. The average age at conversion was just over 27.
    The majority reported difficulties after converting because of the negative attitude of their family, but over time this attitude became more ''positive'' according to the report.
    The majority of the converts saw themselves as both British and Muslim and did not feel disillusioned with British society and culture.
    But they also felt their own lives had been ''lost'' and were ''lacking in purpose'' before conversion, and feared that there was a ''normalisation'' of ''immoral'' behaviour amongst an increasingly less religious British public.
    Only a very small minority saw celebrating birthdays, listening to music or reading fiction as prohibited by Islam, with fewer than 10% viewing attending a family Christmas dinner as forbidden.
    A majority said that most or all of their close friends were Muslims but almost all felt that Muslims should not keep themselves separate from non-Muslims.
    The vast majority of women had changed their appearance after conversion, with a significant majority adopting the hijab, or headscarf.
    But the survey showed that the majority of converts disagreed with the niqab, or face veil, in spite of supporting the right of women to wear it.
    ''Converts do not represent a devious fifth column determined to undermine the Western way of life – this is a group of normal people united in their adherence to a religion which they, for the most part, see as perfectly compatible with Western life,'' the report said.
    ''Converts are generally at ease living in the UK and do not feel that British people are essentially hostile to Islam.''
    The findings have been released after Lauren Booth, sister-in-law of former prime minister Tony Blair, attracted widespread publicity when she announced last year that she had converted to Islam.
    Faith Matters director Fiyaz Mughal said: ''Conversion to Islam has been stigmatised by the media and wrongly associated with extremist ideologies and discriminatory cultural practices.
    ''Converts have an important role to play in supporting community cohesion, and it is vital that mosques can support them to encourage greater understanding amongst non-Muslims.''
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-to-Islam.html

Early new year cheer, more lines forever lost.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

1 Not allowed!

If they want to be religious because they feel they lost purpose, why not become Christian?

I chalk up conversion to Islam with teenage rebellion. When I was growing up, in the 90s after the Soviet Union fell, but still before 9/11, being a communist was the "rebel" thing.

Of course there are also a lot of rich kids raised by overly liberal and decadent parents who have gotten into far-right or nationalism just to be shocking or rebel. I can think of some on this forum and I think they have no use in preservationism and just make us look bad.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

1 Not allowed!

They will pretend they never converted after they lose the thrill of wearing kufis and dressing in qaftans. There can not be a single civil discussion even between Muslims of differing sects. They need to go consult a hadith and sunnah from before the Middle Ages to see whether or not it is permissible to so much as take a breath irregularly.

If native Germanic religion stands a chance, we have to come up with a better fashion accessory than the kufi.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    If they want to be religious because they feel they lost purpose, why not become Christian?

I chalk up conversion to Islam with teenage rebellion. When I was growing up, in the 90s after the Soviet Union fell, but still before 9/11, being a communist was the "rebel" thing.
    'Christian' has become a bit tired in the UK. The Anglican Church has become infested with communists and all that bollocky stuff, and churches have become a place of foreboding for many people.

Walk in and leave confused after a sociology lecture from a beardy weirdy.

Of course there are also a lot of rich kids raised by overly liberal and decadent parents who have gotten into far-right or nationalism just to be shocking or rebel. I can think of some on this forum and I think they have no use in preservationism and just make us look bad.
    These peepil must be named and shamed, I tell you!

Banned
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 09:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Arab
    Ethnicity
    Palestinian
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    SSNP
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

How many do you think actually convert just to marry muslims? I don't see how anyone would need to convert to islam to stop drinking etc.

Last Online
    12-07-2018 @ 10:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

90% of the not already Muslim population is White, but we only account for 57% of conversions. A toxic mixture of miscegenic marriage, our degenerated society and ignorant rebellion accounts for the 57% but what accounts for the massively out of proportion brown and black 'reversion' rates?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 11:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Denmark
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Wessex
    Taxonomy
    Atlantomediterranid - Alpine - Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post

Can you give any examples of rich kids on this forum who have got into Nationalism just to be rebellious and have no use to preservationism and make real preservationists look bad?

Last Online
    06-07-2015 @ 06:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Gallic.
    Ethnicity
    White Other
    Region
    Guernsey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

1 Not allowed!

Conversion to Islam can't really be blamed entirely on the individuals who do so, though certainly they might have neglected a responsibility to study other faiths in comparison.

In the UK, the CofE is the prevalent form of Christianity and it has very often been extremely coy about any claim it might have on truth in the world. If the prevalent Christianity has forgotten what it is for, and forgotten its convictions, then can we really be surprised when people fall into Islam as a risqué alternative?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hereward View Post
    Early new year cheer, more lines forever lost.
    Looks like these are already lost lines converting:

with women making up 62% of respondents. The average age at conversion was just over 27.
    Probably that has something to do with the conversions, they get reach the age at which they aren't as attractive as they used to be, and thus partying isn't as fun anymore, so they look for ways to change their life. Notice that they all wear the headscarves, while disregarding many of the other aspects of strict Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
    I don't see how anyone would need to convert to islam to stop drinking etc.
    These are fundamentally weak-minded people we are talking about here. In times past, they would turn to Christianity to bring a sense of order and sense of belonging to their life, but as others have pointed out, the CoE doesn't provide much in this area any more.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis in Arduis View Post
    'Christian' has become a bit tired in the UK. The Anglican Church has become infested with communists and all that bollocky stuff, and churches have become a place of foreboding for many people.

Walk in and leave confused after a sociology lecture from a beardy weirdy.

These peepil must be named and shamed, I tell you!
    The solution is to adopt Orthodox Christianity.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information