Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your moral attitude towards nature?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    baptized Catholic as an infant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Biocentrism: Your primary locus of moral concern resides in individual life forms and as such you practise life-centered ethics. You believe that all life has moral standing and humans are not inherently superior but are mere members of life's community.

I believe firmly that every organism is self-motivated and in this cycle of raw self interest the universe functions. All notions of interdependence are delusions based on some form of self-interest.

Friends are social buffers to ones ego. I've seen studies where something crazy like 70%+ or so of people after the age of thirty-forty no longer were close friends with almost anyone they knew in highschool/college/under25. This implies what I'm saying. We are organisms in a world in which life functions entirely off self interest. Friends are convenient and even necessary while in school and or young and learning yet in older age as a human progresses through life friends dissipate into ones past. Evidence that friends are largely a social function based entirely on self interest with what friends bring at certain stages in life. When friends are no longer beneficial to a humans self interest, such as when they are 35 and have two kids and a job, then said friends are either discarded or told off.

Hyperautodidact Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 02:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Cosmic Perspective
    Religion
    Possibility Hierarchy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Man's destiny

Here is some information that I believe worthwhile to the question.

Life's survival probability [on Earth]:

without Humans = 0
    with Humans = >0
    without technology = 0
    with technology = >0

Our Planet, along with all others in the universe, exist not only in a spatial habitable zone, but a temporal one as well.

A star systems habitable zone will expand and contract depending on the life-cycle stage of its star. Culture, and therefore consciousness, is the only game changer with regard to the conservation of a star systems life. This revelation increases the importance of whatever sentient life exists in that star system. Man is the only known entity with this ability, which makes him the most important and valuable lifeform in the solar system and possibly in the Universe (although we know the probability of other intelligent life is ~100%, but since we never observed it...).

All life, in this solar system and possibly others, will be dependent on Man for its survival.

A similar post
    yDNA: R1a1a1, mtDNA: H4a1
    Principle: No post of mine will be augmented with information external to myself (excluding links to previously understood knowledge). I will not search for any new information prior to, and associated with, a particular post.

My goal in life is to understand the world I live in. Philosophy alone is no good unless it is anchored to reality. To do that requires an understanding of science (space) and history (time). Philosophy+science+history=The complete epistemological package.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information