Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Genetic study of Peloponnese is a pseudoscientific study.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scholarios View Post
    There were "zero chronicles" during these two hundred years because the Slavs were illiterate pagans and the the Morea was out of reach of Imperial authorities.
    any source supporting such a thing? cause last time I checked there were pretty many archaeological data supporting the opposite, and writing a chronicle doesn't require to "reach" an area. Not to mention that if they couldn't reach the area, how did several dialects such as Tsakonian, or paganism in Mani survive until 10th century? Don't answer anything like "they were adopted by Slavs

I agree that Slavs were the minority, but in some subregions they must have been majority- for instance being pushed into a few areas after the Byzantine reconquista. (Arkadia comes to mind where the area around Tripoli seems full of very "Balkan" sounding names.)
    I was the first here to claim this thing, that inner Arcadians look from every aspect the most "slavic-mixed", but someone posted a study here which proved the opposite.
    Vlachs also came to these areas, as they were pastoral- and I believe many of so-called "Arvanites" were in reality Vlachs. All these were minorities and were Hellenized and the fact that some Greeks (and Albanians) have Slavonic-speaking ancestors is about as relevant to our identity as Herodotus' Carian ancestors were to his, Demosthenes' Scythian mother, or Themistokles' Thracian ancestors. But there's no rational reason to deny it. Fuck this worm Laviria for even trying to bring it up in the most pathetic way possible.
    Technically all Arvanites (who were settled in particular areas where they live even today, not everywhere) were "arvanitovlachs", but pure vlach speakers are not recorded

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

0 Not allowed!

Fore entire Greece theyre almost 30%. They are double digits in Peloponnese. All of Greece is not just Crete.

R1a is about 8,8% in Macedonia"Northen Mainland Greece"

and only 4,4% in all of Mainland Greece.

In Crete there is 2,2% of it.

Populations like Tsakonians and Maniots come out in this study with 1% Slavic or even less.

So they can hardly have alot of R1a.

But i don't expect anything from a guy who classifies himself as SlavoVlachoid

You say your own y-dna is E1b this is anything but not Slavic
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    They should be scared of me.

Last Online
    10-30-2021 @ 01:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,325
    Given: 2,975

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    any source supporting such a thing?
    Sure, we have several sources. Of course they are going be scant cuz Dark Ages tend to be low on sources. Any lack of sources only affirms the grip the Avaro-Slavs had on the territories of the former empire. Isidore of Seville mentions that Slavs took "All of Greece" from the Romans, The Miracles of St. Demetrius says the Slavs devastated even the Greek islands before laying siege to Thessaloniki (and that's 100 years after Michael of Syria mentions them at Corinth in 584). Willibald in 732 landed in Monemvasia in "the Land of Slavinia". These are direct evidences. Then there is the lack of coins and the general decline of urban life that characterizes the decrease in Roman population. The relative lack of fortifications in the Peloponnese (compared to Northern Greece and the Balkans) must have been real easy pickings for the Slavs on their march to the sea.

cause last time I checked there were pretty many archaeological data supporting the opposite, and writing a chronicle doesn't require to "reach" an area. Not to mention that if they couldn't reach the area, how did several dialects such as Tsakonian, or paganism in Mani survive until 10th century? Don't answer anything like "they were adopted by Slavs
    Sure, the archeaological findings of the Slavophobic Greco-Frankish puppet state has almost certainly systematically avoided or destroyed any evidence of Slavic invasions. (same as what Albania had done under Enver Hoxha). Still, there are Slavic potteries found in Argos, Olympia and Corinth.. These ones were found in my mother's village.

So-called "paganism" is not well attested. We could be talking about any non-Christian pantheon holding sway in the Deep Mani. (Bog and Perun perhaps?) Tsakonian is a tiny dialect, yes, it probably represents the language spoken in the Peloponnese prior to the arrival of the Slavic tribes. The fact that it is such a minor dialect and that it was/is located along the far eastern mountains pushed against the sea should give you another clue just how epic the Slavic population movements were and how deeply they affected the demographics of our tiny little Peloponnese ( But Tsaknonian probably extended into Argolid before the 14th Century). On the Hellenization of the Slavs, Leo the Armenian tells how his father Basil I Hellenized these Slavs:

"Our father, Emperor of the Romans, Basil, now in the divine dwelling, persuaded these peoples [the Slavic tribes] to abandon their ancient ways and, having taught them the Greek language,, subjected them to rulers (Archontes) according to the Roman model, and having graced them with baptism, he liberated them from slavery to their own rulers and trained them to take part in warfare against those nations warring against the Romans. By these means he very carefully arranged matters for those peoples. As a result, he enabled the Romans to feel relaxed after the frequent uprisings by the Slavs in the past and the many disturbances and wars they had suffered from them in ancient times".

Technically all Arvanites (who were settled in particular areas where they live even today, not everywhere) were "arvanitovlachs", but pure vlach speakers are not recorded
    I have found a quote showing Aromanian spoken in Peloponnese during Ottoman times. I can't locate it at the moment. Anyways, it is pretty obvious that we have Vlachs settling at the northern end of the Gulf of Corinth, it would be odd to suggest that they never crossed over given how prolific a people they were. In fact, the settling of all these tribal people deep in the Morea suggests an origin for the warlike tendencies of certain regions like Mani. We have even Vlachokerassia in Tegea, nearby and the word "Vlachi" didn't enter standard Greek on accident, I think. But I am prepared to be corrected on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cybernautic View Post

Populations like Tsakonians and Maniots come out in this study with 1% Slavic or even less.

So they can hardly have alot of R1a.

But i don't expect anything from a guy who classifies himself as SlavoVlachoid

You say your own y-dna is E1b this is anything but not Slavic
    Battaglia finds over 15% in Greek Macedonia, I believe.

Slavovlach started as a joke based on Sikeliot's classification of any non-Italian looking Greek as Slavo-Vlach types. I wear it with pride, yes.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Sure, we have several sources. Of course they are going be scant cuz Dark Ages tend to be low on sources. Any lack of sources only affirms to grip the Avaro-Slavs had on the territories of the former empire. Isidore of Seville mentions that Slavs took "All of Greece" from the Romans, The Miracles of St. Demetrius says the Slavs devastated even the Greek islands before laying siege to Thessaloniki (and that's 100 years after Michael of Syria mentions them at Corinth in 584). Willibald in 732 landed in Monemvasia in "the Land of Slavinia". These are direct evidences. Then there is the lack of coins and the general decline of urban life that characterizes the decrease in Roman population. The relative lack of fortifications in the Peloponnese (compared to Northern Greece and the Balkans) must have been real easy pickings for the Slavs on their march to the sea.

Sure, the archeaological findings of the Slavophobic Greco-Frankish puppet state has almost certainly systematically avoided or destroyed any evidence of Slavic invasions. (same as what Albania had done under Enver Hoxha). Still, there are Slavic potteries found in Argos, Olympia and Corinth.. These ones were found in my mother's village.

So-called "paganism" is not well attested. We could be talking about any non-Christian pantheon holding sway in the Deep Mani. (Bog and Perun perhaps?) Tsakonian is a tiny dialect, yes, it probably represents the language spoken in the Peloponnese prior to the arrival of the Slavic tribes. The fact that it is such a minor dialect and that it was/is located along the far eastern mountains pushed against the sea should give you another clue just how epic the Slavic population movements were and how deeply they affected the demographics of our tiny little Peloponnese ( But Tsaknonian probably extended into Argolid before the 14th Century). On the Hellenization of the Slavs, Leo the Armenian tells how his father Basil I Hellenized these Slavs:

I have found a quote showing Aromanian spoken in Peloponnese during Ottoman times. I can't locate it at the moment. Anyways, it is pretty obvious that we have Vlachs settling at the northern end of the Gulf of Corinth, it would be odd to suggest that they never crossed over given how prolific a people they were. In fact, the settling of all these tribal people deep in the Morea suggests an origin for the warlike tendencies of certain regions like Mani. We have even Vlachokerassia in Tegea, nearby and the word "Vlachi" didn't enter standard Greek on accident, I think. But I am prepared to be corrected on this one.

Slavovlach started as a joke based on Sikeliot's classification of any non-Italian looking Greek as Slavo-Vlach types. I wear it with pride, yes.
    Cut the crap and stop spreading disinformation about Albania and Albanians. Nothing evidence has been destroyed in Albania. Continue with this shit produced by your "scholars".

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Sure, we have several sources. Of course they are going be scant cuz Dark Ages tend to be low on sources. Any lack of sources only affirms the grip the Avaro-Slavs had on the territories of the former empire. Isidore of Seville mentions that Slavs took "All of Greece" from the Romans, The Miracles of St. Demetrius says the Slavs devastated even the Greek islands before laying siege to Thessaloniki (and that's 100 years after Michael of Syria mentions them at Corinth in 584). Willibald in 732 landed in Monemvasia in "the Land of Slavinia". These are direct evidences.
    There are also the evidences that say that the Slavs who invaded Greece were eventually killed and expelled by the Byzantines.

Sure, the archeaological findings of the Slavophobic Greco-Frankish puppet state has almost certainly systematically avoided or destroyed any evidence of Slavic invasions.
    Prove your claims instead of talking like a hysterical retard.

The fact that it is such a minor dialect and that it was/is located along the far eastern mountains pushed against the sea should give you another clue just how epic the Slavic population movements were and how deeply they affected the demographics of our tiny little Peloponnese
    1) The Tsakonians were always isolated, they didn't became isolated because of the Slavs. The most accepted theory about them is that they were the original inhabitants of Sparta who fled the city after the Roman conquest.

2) The Slavs were eventually killed and expelled by the Byzantines. The only source that describes their movements as 'epic' is the Chronicle of Monemvasia, and it appears to be very inaccurate. The demographic change happened after the Byzantines replaced the Slavs with Anatolian and south Italian Greeks. They probably replaced them with Hellenized Slavs too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentis View Post
    That most Peloponnesians are descended from the original population of the region, but a part of Peloponnesians might be descended from the Anatolians, Arvanites and south Italian Greeks who came to repopulate Peloponnese after the Slavs were expelled.
    The coming of those Greek peoples had no effect on the local and much more numerous indigenous Peloponnesian population. Asia Minor Greeks are in fact closer to mainland Greeks than Cretans are. The Arvanites were Greeks from the ancient Greek population of Arvana which was also outpost of the byzantine empire controlling vital trade routs between east and west. They always had Greek self awareness and consiciousness in fact during their entire existance.

The origins of Arvanite speakers go back to the 14th century when Albanian clans displaced them from their millenia old greek lands in Albania. They spoke Arvanitika because they traded mostly with Albanians in their region and adapted a version of their language without ofcourse forgetting their own native Greek. And in certain places in Greece, they spoke it to communicate with the Turkalbanian rulers and avoid harassment. Arvanitika used to be intelligeble to other Greeks because nearly half of the arvanite vocabulary was greek.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    Cut the crap and stop spreading disinformation about Albania and Albanians. Nothing evidence has been destroyed in Albania. Continue with this shit produced by your "scholars".
    Sure, Hoxha permitted only one opinion in archeaological matters on the presence of Slavs predating Albanians in any area of Albania. At best Slavic wares were ignored or described as "Illyrian". See Archaeology and Totalitarianism - this is of course (part of) the reason why you are such a fucking moron while thinking the rest of the world are just ignorant. Now go cry somewhere else about your worldview.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

0 Not allowed!

How much did he find in Tsakonians???

Ok whatever LoL
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Demons don't scare me.
    They should be scared of me.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Source? Seems possible tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    E1b
    Taxonomy
    SlavoVlachoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How much did he find in Tsakonians???
    Well, if you wanted to test the entire population of Tsakonians it wouldnt be hard. There have to be around 500 full blooded ones.
    書堂개 삼 년에 풍월 읊는다

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information