Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Genetic study of Peloponnese is a pseudoscientific study.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    Talking about peloponnese and central Greece, the last "massive" foreign immigration was this of Ionian islanders and cretans after 1833
    You can still find tons of native Ionian surnames in Peloponnese.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    You can still find tons of native Ionian surnames in Peloponnese.
    I know, especially kakolyris is very common in ilia and achaea, I think in nafpaktos too

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

1 Not allowed!

I know, especially kakolyris is very common in ilia and achaea, I think in nafpaktos too
    Literally, if you go to ''apo pou krataei i skoufia sou'' by Vrisko, and enter a common Zakynthian surname, you will find it in Peloponesse as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandfriendship View Post
    BTW - you having a picture of Pyrrhus as your avatar is the Albanian equivalent of Michael Jackson bleaching his skin white.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Even if we estimate the 86000 of 1688, which according to sources 3 years later increase to 97000 obviously due to corinthian inclusion (who were not included in 1688) and natural population increase by births, it's still like 50%, far from 60% or more that you claim (and as I said, considering these 87000 is pointless, as a whole region is not included, in fact they were many more than 97000 as mani is never included)

dude we are talking about deep dyscalculian disorder of you
    No, i am just enjoying how you want to play the smart guy. I have left all the field to you. And you are forging the data.
    The population arrived from 86, 468 of the year 1688 when the Venetians controlled practically the whole country, to 97,118 of the year 1691, after three years of Venetian rule, not because of Corinthian inclusion and other BS like this, but because:
    As a result of these policies, the population recovered rapidly: apart from Mani, the Venetian registers record 97,118 inhabitants in 1691, 116,000 a year later and 176,844 by 1700. D
    So as a result of the immigration of people from other regions, encouraged by Venetians.
    Start to learn some maths and try to be correct with what you claim here.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laberia View Post
    I didn't said that the entire population migrated. I said that in one occasion, 60% of the population was replaced by other people arrived from other regions. But this is not the only replacement of the population of Peninsula in 1.400 years of history. There are other migration. For this reason people who live today in the region has nothing to do with the people who lived 1.400 years ago.
    Peloponnesians are natives and did not arrive from elsewhere you dumbass. Stop pulling figures out of your ass.

Yes a lot of Peloponnesians emigrated, many returned back, others didn't. Those who never returned left behind relatives.

If they all had returned back the population of Peloponnese today would have been 10 million. Same goes for Sicilians who emigrated en masse to United States in the beginning of last century. Many Napolitans, and Northern Italians came to live in Sicily but the population of Sicilians remained overwelmingly Sicilian.

Also internal immigration is absolutely natural. Let's not forget that Macedonia even in Roman times had a significant Achaean population. Many Macedonians migrated to Greek islands and Southern Greece. There were Peloponessians who had emigrated to Smyrna. Asia Minor Greeks trace their ancestors to Ionians who used to live Peloponnesos before they were expelled by the Dorians. There has been internal Greek immigration for millenia of years.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The genetic study you try to pass as pseudoscience is a peer to peer study.

It is Fallenmeyer who has been discredited time and again. Fallmerayer has no credibility today, even among the biggest enemies of Greece. He is completely discredited and an unreliable source of historic information. Don't you know that? Don't you wonder why your "savants" are not using his theories anymore?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wvwvw View Post
    Peloponnesians are natives and did not arrive from elsewhere you dumbass. Stop pulling figures out of your ass.

Yes a lot of Peloponnesians emigrated, many returned back, others didn't. Those who never returned left behind relatives.

If they all had returned back the population of Peloponnese today would have been 10 million. Same goes for Sicilians who emigrated en masse to United States in the beginning of last century. Many Napolitans, and Northern Italians came to live in Sicily but the population of Sicilians remained overwelmingly Sicilian.

Also internal immigration is absolutely natural. Let's not forget that Macedonia even in Roman times had a significant Achaean population. Many Macedonians migrated to Greek islands and Southern Greece. There were Peloponessians who had emigrated to Smyrna. Asia Minor Greeks trace their ancestors to Ionians who used to live Peloponnesos before they were expelled by the Dorians. There has been internal Greek immigration for millenia of years.
    Yeah, exactly this what i am talking. There were many movement of populations and migrations. And for this reason, the sample selected by the authors of the study, has nothing to do with people who lived in the region during the slavic invasion. Maybe, i repeat maybe, they can be useful to understand what happened in Bulgaria or in Crete, 1.400 years ago, but not in Peloponesse.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

No, i am just enjoying how you want to play the smart guy. I have left all the field to you. And you are forging the data.
    The population arrived from 86, 468 of the year 1688 when the Venetians controlled practically the whole country, to 97,118 of the year 1691, after three years of Venetian rule, not because of Corinthian inclusion and other BS like this, but because:

So as a result of the immigration of people from other regions, encouraged by Venetians.
    Start to learn some maths and try to be correct with what you claim here.
    So, the fact that according to the particular source corinthian region is not included in these 87000 people do not count, neither the fact that population unavoidably increased by births (and even if both do not count and only 87000 count, the colonists were still less than 50%) or the fact that Venetian immigration policies didn't start the very next day of the occupation

Dude, apart from lacking basic math knowledge, you are pretty insane too

Either you accept it or not, the majority of foreigners here laugh at you, not me, because of number 42, which seems to be your iq score, along with your shoe size

Most of Sources prove that most of peloponnesian population is descended from its ancient inhabitants, and this is what genetic studies also prove

You, apart from disputing sources that don't support your claims, and all genetic studies that confirm them, dispute basic maths now

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yeah, exactly this what i am talking. There were many movement of populations and migrations. And for this reason, the sample selected by the authors of the study, has nothing to do with people who lived in the region during the slavic invasion. Maybe, i repeat maybe, they can be useful to understand what happened in Bulgaria or in Crete, 1.400 years ago, but not in Peloponesse.
    And yet despite all those migrations Peloponnesians continue to be genetically close to populations that lived in Peloponnesus 3,500 years ago. Because in the end, modern Greeks, from Cretans to Epirots and Macedonians, are largely descended from their Myceanean and Minoan ancestors.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So, the fact that according to the particular source corinthian region is not included in these 87000 people do not count, neither the fact that population unavoidably increased by births (and even if both do not count and only 87000 count, the colonists were still less than 50%) or the fact that Venetian immigration policies didn't start the very next day of the occupation
    Now, this discussion can not continue based on your imagination. You can imagine many things, you are free to do, but your imagination is not something that can help us in this discussion. Honestly, i hoped in your ability in maths.
    Dude, apart from lacking basic math knowledge, you are pretty insane too

Either you accept it or not, the majority of foreigners here laugh at you, not me, because of number 42, which seems to be your iq score, along with your shoe size
    Calm your tits little girl. Start again with the maths and tell us the final result. I will give you an other possibility.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information