Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

5 Not allowed!

Default Current Croatian relations toward Serbia

I already wrote this on another thread, but I decided to open a thread of it's own for this;

You know ppl, watched one movie (THE ROCK 1996) for who knows how many times last night, and it reminded me how much I hate my own govermont in Croatia, not only this one, but all of them in last 20 years.

Fucking snakes who are using nationalism on every election to buy ppl, nationalism against Serbs. I know many ppl here who comes from western Europe thinks that's better than Liberal govermont, but none of extremes are good.

My ex wife was serbian, and we divorced because of her mistakes not mine, but I know that deep down she was and is good person, but this fucking govermont here, we need change, today it is not as before but it needs to be better considering Croatian approach to Serbs (nevermind what my countrymen says now), I have no illusions that we would be friends with Serbia, but at least mutual respect for future generations, and I dont care what Serbia is doing, but what we are doing, by we I mean our govermonts, some things are not fair in this society and I have to admit that. I always hated in Croatia that ppl are divided on USTASHES and PARTIZANS (leftist communists), I was always for third option, the right option; noble Croatian patriotism.

You can laugh but I intend in future to found my own party, which would be a center, patriotic center of Direct Democracy, to open the eyes of this ppl here, to tell the truth that truth is not black or white but grey.

So this words in this opening scene reminded me that sometimes you even have to use FORCE to force your govermont on their knees, it also reminded me of my ex wife and what she thought about some aspects of our society, I would never do such thing as this character in this movie, but I totally understand this character and this words of this legendary opening intro;

"There's something I've gotta do, Barb. Something I couldn't do while you were here. I tried. You know I tried everything, and I still don't have their attention. Let's hope this elevates their thinking. But whatever happens ...please don't think less of me."

P.S. I don't care what anyone says from my croatian side, I know some things are not right in my society-govermont, and I will never ever never be part of two sides in my society; Ustashes (Nazis) and Partizans (communists and children of communists), my ideology was and it always will be; NOBLE CROATIAN PATRIOTISM.

If Serbian politics are not willing to move things forward for new generations in our relations, we have to, then ppl from Serbia, at least half of them will also start to think in different way.

It is easy to pretend your nation is a holy nation without any mistakes, but it is not so, with no nation out there, and I for one am willing to admit that.
    Last edited by Robocop; 11-09-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,174
    Given: 58,944

0 Not allowed!

croatians and serbs are very similar at least used to be during yugo times, nowadays croatians try to change (music, culture, some words etc.) but they are still very similar to me.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Serbia is just another neighbour of Croatia.
    I don't they deserve special place in Croatian daily politics.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    croatians and serbs are very similar at least used to be during yugo times, nowadays croatians try to change (music, culture, some words etc.) but they are still very similar to me.
    No man, we never changed our culture, music or words (especially not words of dalmatian dialect, on the contrary, fucking croatian standard language is changing our dalmatian dialect which is not understandable sometimes to rest of Croats even)... never, it was always the same, you're wrong there, the rest I can relatively agree.

You know, mistakes are done from both sides, and one of the mistakes from serbian side is that they always were thinkin why are we so different culturally (as you said; culture, music), but we're not acting, that is our true music and culture from our regions, we never had same folklore as Serbians, totally two different worlds considering that, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO BUILD OUR HATRED ON THAT, but opposite of that; to try to bring ppl togethar in friendship trough differences.

Let me please tell you somethin, there is one great Dalmatian singer (amongst many, but he is maybe the most famous) Oliver Dragojevic, who sings our Dalmatian Mediterranean songs, and Serbian ppl from Serbia always LOVED HIM AND OUR SONGS, our mediterranean dialect, our words etc..., they loved it, you can check comments beneath any of his songs on youtube, but Oliver Dragojević said that he will NEVER GO to Serbia to make a concert there, and that is somethin I do not agree with him.

I mean it is his choice, but ppl from Serbia, millions of them, are begging him to come, and he wont.

I'm sorry to say this but that's just wrong.

I mean, yes, we are all patriots, but if ppl love someone's music from different mentality and folklore like Serbs from Serbia (manyyyyyyyyyy of them, million at least) loves our Dalmatian mediterranean music, then GOD DAMN IT GO THERE and give those ppl at least that one night, but he doesn't want too.

Anyway, just one example.

Ppl from serbia are listenin to his (our) dalmatian songs, they don't understand half of this dalmatian dialect words, still THEY LOVE IT, and still he doesn't want to go to sing in Serbia, and he is not even an Ustasha, I will never understand mindset of Croats like him, one older song from him;

Serbian users (or Bosnian) can try to understand all of our words in this song, but they cannot, if needed I will translate it, but that's not the point, the point is, ppl from Serbia loves somethin from our country and some of our ppl just don't fucking care, that's not right, music shouldn't be mixed with nationalism.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    No man, we never changed our culture, music... never, it was always the same, you're wrong there, the rest I can relatively agree.

You know, mistakes are done from both sides, and one of the mistakes from serbian side is that they always were thinkin why are we so different culturally (as you said; culture, music), but we're not acting, that is our true music and culture from our regions, we never had same folklore as Serbians, totally two different worlds considering that, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO BUILD OUR HATRED ON THAT, but opposite of that; to try to bring ppl togethar in friendship trough differences.

Let me please tell you somethin, there is one great Dalmatian singer (amongst many, but he is maybe the most famous) Oliver Dragojevic, who sings our Dalmatian Mediterranean songs, and Serbian ppl from Serbia always LOVED HIM AND OUR SONGS, our mediterranean dialect, our words etc..., they loved it, you can check comments beneath any of his songs on youtube, but Oliver Dragojević said that he will NEVER GO to Serbia to make a concert there, and that is somethin I do not agree with him.

I mean it is his choice, but ppl from Serbia, millions of them, are begging him to come, and he wont.

I'm sorry to say this but that's just wrong.

I mean, yes, we are all patriots, but if ppl love someone's music from different mentality and folklore like Serbs from Serbia (manyyyyyyyyyy of them, million at least) loves our Dalmatian mediterranean music, then GOD DAMN IT GO THERE and give those ppl at least that one night, but he doesn't want too.

Anyway, just one example.
    ok bro, i dont know much about regional cultures of croats and whats their true culture. but they are still very similar to serbs. i know many croats and they have yugo mentality, even if they dont want to have yugo mentality and you call them yugos they are offended. but some embrace it etc. bosnians too are very similar, only slovenes are a bit different.
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

ok bro, i dont know much about regional cultures of croats and whats their true culture. but they are still very similar to serbs. i know many croats and they have yugo mentality, even if they dont want to have yugo mentality and you call them yugos they are offended. but some embrace it etc. bosnians too are very similar, only slovenes are a bit different.
    What is "yugo" mentality ?

Sound like something construction workers 'd have or similat

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    What is "yugo" mentality ?

Sound like something construction workers 'd have or similat
    they have a set of own values and how they view the world etc. different then western europeans. thats the best description i can give. they also enjoy similar music, food etc. as eatch other. maybe in aristocratic circles this is considered peasant though.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Those Croats with Yugo mentality are shits, no offence.

You see, that is what Im talking about, Croatian-Serbian relations SHOULDN'T BE BUILT ON SOME FUCKED UP Yugoslav mindset, or God forbid on USTASHA mindset, but on true noble patriotism from both sides where you respect differences and similarities.

Croats with Yugo mentality are like; "Oh fuck it, we're all same"; jesus, that's not even close to the truth and that brought us to the war, please remember that always.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    Those Croats with Yugo mentality are shits, no offence.

You see, that is what Im talking about, Croatian-Serbian relations SHOULDN'T BE BUILT ON SOME FUCKED UP Yugoslav mindset, or God forbid on USTASHA mindset, but on true noble patriotism from both sides where you respect differences and similarities.

Croats with Yugo mentality are like; "Oh fuck it, we're all same"; jesus, that's not even close to the truth and that brought us to the war, please remember that always.
    i dont know if they think we are all the same etc. but i know a croat who is a friend of me and my family and helps us sometimes with homeimprovement who talks just like a serb watches serb (domaci) movies drinks rakija etc. he knows everything and thinks just like a serb, but i dont think he thinks croats and serbs are the same if you asked him, he is proud to be croat, but im sure he is closer to serb then to austrian.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

i dont know if they think we are all the same etc. but i know a croat who is a friend of me and my family and helps us sometimes with homeimprovement who talks just like a serb watches serb (domaci) movies drinks rakija etc. he knows everything and thinks just like a serb, but i dont think he thinks croats and serbs are the same if you asked him, he is proud to be croat, but im sure he is closer to serb then to austrian.
    I will explain to you everythin after Im back from work who are those ppl

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information