Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours/Theories about Albanian ethnarch Skanderberg.

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,070
    Given: 14,266

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I remember some people claim that his grandmother was a Cretan-Venetian. True or not?
    Εχω ακουσει οτι ο Παπους του ειτανε Βοσκος απο τα Ανωγια

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    What agendas could have German or even Albanian professors?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal_Kastrioti
    Skanderbeg paternally isn't of Serb origin that's BS, his family was described by Ottomans as having originated in Kastrat in northern Albania whilst British historians say that his family were Albanians from western Kosovo. It's maternally that he could have Serb origin as his mother is a supposed Serb from the Brankovici
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 7,453

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    What is so notable about Skanderberg can you point it out to me? Your country's entire history is based on this figure, "is that really the best Albanians can do?" I am assuming there's no other relevant Albanian figure and even this one is quite obscure since no one outside of the Balkan region has ever heard about him, no matter how famous you claim him to be all across Europe.

I have trouble (and I am being honest) to single out just one brilliant warfare strategist from Iberia. There are so many that I don't even know where to start...our nations are not built upon only one figure. Some of my favorites are Dom Afonso Henriques, Geraldo sem Pavor, Nuno Álvares Pereira, El Cid Campeador, Blas de Lezo, Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba, Don Pelayo...
    It's interesting how Albania is a country on the Mediterranean with access to the sea and several coast cities but have never been anything significant. Look at how other Mediterranean countries did - Greece, Italy/Rome, Carthage, Ottomans, Arabs, Spain, Portugal, etc. I don't get why Albania sticks out. It's right between Greece and Italy, but nobody knows anything about it since it hasn't done anything. Even if you want to include the Illyrians, the Illyrians never really did anything notable either afaik. There were a few Illyrians that became Roman emperors though.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorr View Post
    It's not a story it's a fact. On paper he was a vassal of kingdom of naples, not spain,
    Kingdom of Naples belonged to Spain, you damn analphabet

I dont know what I do with such illiterates...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Skanderbeg paternally isn't of Serb origin that's BS, his family was described by Ottomans as having originated in Kastrat in northern Albania whilst British historians say that his family were Albanians from western Kosovo. It's maternally that he could have Serb origin as his mother is a supposed Serb from the Brankovici
    So that German and that Albanian professors are wrong, right?

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,899

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    It's interesting how Albania is a country on the Mediterranean with access to the sea and several coast cities but have never been anything significant. Look at how other Mediterranean countries did - Greece, Italy/Rome, Carthage, Ottomans, Arabs, Spain, Portugal, etc. I don't get why Albania sticks out. It's right between Greece and Italy, but nobody knows anything about it since it hasn't done anything. Even if you want to include the Illyrians, the Illyrians never really did anything notable either afaik. There were a few Illyrians that became Roman emperors though.
    Albania can not be put into the same category as Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece. We're the Mediterranean horizontal axis even though Portugal is not geographically in the Mediterranean. These people have always been very adventurous\pushful-ambitious, so to speak. Albanians to me seem to have been isolated and very self-centered. This can be either positive or negative but I guess it explains why they have persisting outdated practices and tribalism that can barely be found anywhere else in modern Europe.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,848
    Given: 2,744

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Scanderbeg paternally was from Mat. Meanwhile there is not a source to prove that his mother was servian. It's mostly a story invented by servs their firomski puppets.

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

1 Not allowed!

What is so notable about Skanderberg can you point it out to me? Your country's entire history is based on this figure, "is that really the best Albanians can do?" I am assuming there's no other relevant Albanian figure and even this one is quite obscure since no one outside of the Balkan region has ever heard about him, no matter how famous you claim him to be all across Europe.

I have trouble (and I am being honest) to single out just one brilliant warfare strategist from Iberia. There are so many that I don't even know where to start...our nations are not built upon only one figure. Some of my favorites are Dom Afonso Henriques, Geraldo sem Pavor, Nuno Álvares Pereira, El Cid Campeador, Blas de Lezo, Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba, Don Pelayo...
    Kill/death ratio of League of Lezhe is bomb as fuck, I saw none of the generals you presented as even close to the same league tbh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Lezh%C3%AB

He is a national hero due to being the leader of League of Lezhe, which is seen as the beginning of a unified Albanian ethnic consciousness.

In the era he lived he was significant. Most people haven't heard about the generals you presented either, does that mean they don't have value, or does it mean most people don't know(don't give a fuck) about others' historical figures unless it's on a global level? Go to 100 people and have them mention what they think about Dom Afonso Henriques and listen as they describe some potential football player.

Tldr: He's a regional figure, not a global figure.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,899

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    Kill/death ratio of League of Lezhe is bomb as fuck, I saw none of the generals you presented as even close to the same league tbh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Lezh%C3%AB

He is a national hero due to being the leader of League of Lezhe, which is seen as the beginning of a unified Albanian ethnic consciousness.

In the era he lived he was significant. Most people haven't heard about the generals you presented either, does that mean they don't have value, or does it mean most people don't know(don't give a fuck) about others' historical figures unless it's on a global level? Go to 100 people and have them mention what they think about Dom Afonso Henriques and listen as they describe some potential football player.

Tldr: He's a regional figure, not a global figure.
    I never claimed that those people were globally famous, your countrymen were the ones that emphasized how Skanderberg is supposedly famous all across Europe. They went as far as saying that he is unrivaled with any Iberian which is laughable. Some of these figures lived nearly ten centuries ago, it is impossible to account accurately death ratios but you can take into consideration their deeds.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

0 Not allowed!

So that German and that Albanian professors are wrong, right?
    Albanian professors don't claim him as Serbian lol and I trust British and actual Ottomann documents more also that "Branilo Kastrioti" who they mention as being the earliest mentioned Kastrioti and of Serbian descent isn't even an actual person afaik, the actual oldest Kastrioti is Konstandin Kastrioti who is the possible father of Pal Kastrioti who is Skanderbeg's grandfather . Even if he had Serbian ancestry, he didn't even fight for the Independence of Serbia nor for the Serbian people he fought for Albanians and managed to unify Albanians not Serbs as he didn't care about Serbs
    Last edited by Kelmendasi; 11-15-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Last Online
    10-30-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 616
    Given: 436

0 Not allowed!

Most people don't care about history. I do enjoy reading about history and even i don't know much about portuguese history.

He unified the Albanian tribes who were always fighting each other, and banded together to fight the most powerful empire at the time and succeeded until he died of disease at age 62. He was undefeated in battle. Scored countless victories against much larger armies and became famous in europe. He is regarded as one of the greatest military genius in history. Like i said before read more about Skanderbeg yourself and you'll know just what an impact he had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skanderbeg

Skanderbeg is considered today a commanding figure not only in the national consciousness of Albanians but also of 15th-century European history.[185] According to archival documents, there is no doubt that Skanderbeg had already achieved a reputation as a hero in his own time.[186]

James Wolfe, commander of the British forces at Quebec, spoke of Skanderbeg as a commander who "excels all the officers, ancient and modern, in the conduct of a small defensive army".[193] On October 27, 2005, the United States Congress issued a resolution "honoring the 600th anniversary of the birth of Gjergj Kastrioti (Scanderbeg), statesman, diplomat, and military genius, for his role in saving Western Europe from Ottoman occupation."[194]

Books on the Albanian prince began to appear in Western Europe in the early 16th century. French philosopher Voltaire held the Albanian hero in very high consideration in his works. Ludvig Holberg, a Danish writer and philosopher, claimed that Skanderbeg was one of the greatest generals in history.[207]

The Italian baroque composer Antonio Vivaldi composed an opera entitled Scanderbeg (first performed 1718), libretto written by Antonio Salvi. Another opera, entitled Scanderberg, was composed by 18th-century French composer François Francśur (first performed 1735).[208]

Skanderbeg is the protagonist of three 18th-century British tragedies: William Havard's Scanderbeg, A Tragedy (1733), George Lillo's The Christian Hero (1735), and Thomas Whincop's Scanderbeg, Or, Love and Liberty (1747).[210] A number of poets and composers have also drawn inspiration from his military career. The French 16th-century poet Ronsard wrote a poem about him, as did the 19th-century American poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.[211] Gibbon, the 18th-century historian, held Skanderbeg in high regard with panegyric expressions.

There are monuments and statues in Geneva, Brussels and London.

There is a square in Rome named after Skanderbeg and a statue of him is there

Looks like you needed alot more people to form your nation. We have many historical figures of our own but we only needed one, which shows just how great a man he was.

A kingdom belonging to another kingdom? I think in your retarded mind you must think that Skanderbeg bowed to spaniards and followed their orders. You're delusional. I posted facts, Skanderbeg and Alfonso had close ties and supported each other. But why do i even waste my time arguing with an autist?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information