British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,209
    Given: 43,751

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domare View Post
    I think our disagreement stems from what we consider important in the fight against racism. You think laws and race-mixing are enough signs of progress. In my opinion, racism is ALL about power. Racism will only be truly over when Blacks own their own media networks, banks, industries and political parties. Until then, Blacks are a people in captivity in Brazil.
    That's an almost Orwellian (re) definition of "fighting against racism". What you're saying is that only if/when Blacks become even more segregated and distinct from Whites than is already the case by having their "own" companies and industries can racism thus die. Do you think that the USA having a channel called the Black Entertainment Network helps ease or eliminate racism?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 3,187

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshade25 View Post
    Well, Brazil imported more slaves than any other nation in the Western Hemisphere, and held on to the practice of slavery the longest.

Plus, this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...heid_in_Brazil

Oh man, Brazil seems like paradise
    "The chance of a black teenager murdered is 3.7 times higher compared with whites."
    The blacks themselves kills each others, there's gang warfare every year, and it's very famous.

And about slavery, most blacks were free people of colour in Brazil before the end of slavery:

We never had Jim crow laws, kind the opposite because we have anti racism laws since 1989
    And the mix of races present in this country is just a demonstration of the racial interaction we had, every Brazilians in this forum scored black and indigenous. In your pseudo apartheid link only shows that majority of poor Brazilians are pardos and blacks and some colonial racism(to prove something), how bad it that? Jim Crows laws seems more hard than that.

Unlike America, black Brazilians was never not allowed to that anything and be segrated into colored restaurants, neighborhoods(my paternals grandparents neighborhoods had even Germans, (actually my grandmother was raised by a white woman friend of the family because her mother didnt had money enough to raise her alone) and shits like that you did. Also USA the only country from the new world you can found someone purest black and white due to racial segragations you have, mostly Aframs cant pass in Brazil because they are too dark. Kanye West is a good exemple, he would be a minority here but not in US specially in NYC. And I live in Brazil and I can tell you whats good or not here also because im a minority, meanwhile you cant speak for Aframs cause you never had a black day in your life.
    Last edited by Heather Duval; 11-14-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Last Online
    01-28-2021 @ 04:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 161

0 Not allowed!

Is the guy in the OP going to go under surgery to make himself look more filipino? Or at least try to get a tan, like the woman I posted who posed as Afro-American? He can't pass for filipino if he remains white like that.
    Last edited by Lurker; 11-14-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathers View Post
    We do not have to complain about much. I never suffered racism, nor did my black friends. I lived in a neighborhood with many different ethnic groups and they treat me well, if they did not I would report them for racism or racial injury. What about black Americans? If a white man calls them junk and does not want to live with them, the subject is going to die there. That's the free speech.
    I don't think complaining even works. I just tell things the way I see them. Begging Whites for positions of power will NEVER work. I believe in making businesses, studying and most importantly, networking with like-minded people. As for being treated well, I sincerely don't care about being treated well by other groups. What we need is power. Not approval.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't think complaining even works. I just tell things the way I see them. Begging Whites for positions of power will NEVER work. I believe in making businesses, studying and most importantly, networking with like-minded people. As for being treated well, I sincerely don't care about being treated well by other groups. What we need is power. Not approval.
    Brazil never had laws prohibiting blacks from shitting in a white bathroom. I can not say the same about the USA.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    That's an almost Orwellian (re) definition of "fighting against racism". What you're saying is that only if/when Blacks become even more segregated and distinct from Whites than is already the case by having their "own" companies and industries can racism thus die. Do you think that the USA having a channel called the Black Entertainment Network helps ease or eliminate racism?
    It doesn't eliminate racism because Blacks are living in a White majority society, thus it is politically and militarily dominated by them. Whites can do harm to Blacks on a massive level, the opposite isn't possible. But having a media outlet that is owned by Blacks is clearly more positive than having nothing. It means they can discuss Black topics openly without being censored by Whites or Jews. But anyway, BET was sold to non-Blacks, so Aframs have no media of their own anymore.

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Yes, foreign devices but not necessarily (authentic) Filipino ones.

Tuk tuk / tuc tuc are sold by outside manufacturers, such as China, and so massed produced that they're shipped anywhere. You will find stores that do mention these "Philippines" auto rickshaws are of Indian or Bangladesh, etc. (example > Bajaj) origin/design after all.

He seems to be driving some sort of a weird songthaew / tuk tuk cross actually. If so, Thai.

Couldn't careless if he was genderfluid. The "brother" / "sister" comment comes from the simple fact you can't deny he'd confuse someone from the Philippines.

Talking about legality however.

If someone is completely & utterly ignorant of a culture/ethnicity/society but turns around & risks insulting people of that group by the seeming unintentional mockery are they racists or just fools?

I was talking more about the difference in culture, the countries, etc. It's rather easy to entertain the concept he is Filipino when nice & cozy in the Americas.

Besides he said the Filipino culture entices him. That he spends "hours" watching history channel. Just assume he has some understanding about their religious views.
    he hasn't done anything wrong that will deserve hate... his not rapist or anything like that..

majority of the Filipinos will probably help me fit in to get inside our circles just like this girl..

<--somewhere in the 9:00

majority will not bash him... even if he acts like alien, clueless..

and for the record where already getting used to it... there are Indians & non-Asian races in Philippines that speak better tagalog than I DO, who has Philippine passport and members of the government officials.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It doesn't eliminate racism because Blacks are living in a White majority society, thus it is politically and militarily dominated by them. Whites can do harm to Blacks on a massive level, the opposite isn't possible. But having a media outlet that is owned by Blacks is clearly more positive than having nothing. It means they can discuss Black topics openly without being censored by Whites or Jews. But anyway, BET was sold to non-Blacks, so Aframs have no media of their own anymore.
    Lol, Aframs mostly live in black neighborhoods because they were taught during Jim Crow laws not to live with whites, and they are inferior.

"You don't have to live next to me
    Just give me my equality "

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Is the guy in the OP going to go under surgery to make himself look more filipino? Or at least try to get a tan, like the woman I posted who posed as Afro-American? He can't pass for filipino if he remains white like that.
    getting a plastic surery will make us that think that he is a ''FREAK''..

he doesn't need surgery to be accepted.
    <--- this guy is darker than heathers & domare.. and his accepted us ''adopted one of us'' already..

<-- this Jamaican dude is mega icon in the 70's 80's... his accepted as well. we just call them blackapino
    Last edited by 1R0N M4N XL; 11-14-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Aframs are already segregated and nothing changed in a good way.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information