Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Default How to Communicate with God

How to Communicate with God
    BY ALI SINA · PUBLISHED JULY 29, 2017 · UPDATED AUGUST 1, 2017

Dear Ali,

Do you believe in God?

If you do, don’t you think we human deserve some sort of communication with him?
    I started questioning religions because I wasn’t convinced of the idea that God always seems to communicate with one person and that person delivers the message. It sounds unfair to rely my destiny on a hearsay. So, if he is there, why not revealing himself?

Hassan
    Dear Hassan,

We humans have very distorted understanding of God. God, particularly in Islam, is depicted as a totalitarian despotic ruler who controls all aspects of the creation. It is he who makes the leaves move. It is he who allows humans to do whatever they do. All good and all evil come from this God and people and animals are mere automatons.

The critics of God such as Dawkins and Stephen Fry have a point when they attack this notion of God. If God exists and He is good and omnipotent why he allows so much evil? That is their argument and it is a valid argument until you realize our whole understanding of God is erroneous.

God is pure consciousness, from whom derive all other conscious beings. We, i.e., the entire universe, are conscious beings, because we are made in God’s image. All attributes of God are present in us to a varying degree. By “we” I do not mean just humans, but also animals, plants and inanimate things. We are in essence spiritual beings having a physical experience. Just as God is eternal, so are we. The great part of God’s creation is not in physical form but in spiritual form.

Our interaction with this physical world is temporary. This is the world of duality, of strife and struggle. The goal is to become stronger. We come here to strengthen our spiritual muscles, to gain more compassion, more generosity, more humility, more sacrifice, more courage. The way to make your muscles strong is to make them work against a resistance. That is why you go to gym, the more tired you get the stronger you become. Likewise, the more hardships and challenges we face in this world the stronger we grow spiritually. To gain courage, you need to face fear. In Heaven, there is no fear. To gain generosity, you need to become poorer while enriching someone else. In Heaven, no one is poor. You can’t exercise generosity when no one is in need. To gain forgiveness you need to endure injustice. In Heaven, there is no injustice.

So, as you see, the argument presented by atheists to refute God is based on the misunderstanding of religionists and the reason for the creation. They think this world is all there is and the goal is to have a pleasant life. Since it is obvious that this is not the case and many people come to this world facing challenges and sufferings, they conclude God must be a cruel being, or helpless to do anything or maybe he is unaware of what is going on and therefore, dismiss him.

Another fallacy promoted by most religionists, particularly Islam is that God is a judge watching everything we do so he can either reward us or send us to Hell. This is puerile and silly. God does not punish anyone. However, we pay the consequence of our actions. If you put your hand in fire, it burns. Nobody is punishing you. You just violated a physical law and pay the consequence. Likewise, when we violate a spiritual law, we suffer the consequence. Whatever evil we do to others, will come back to us. Heaven and Hell are the outcome of our own actions and thoughts in this world.

Another secret is that like God we are also creators. If He made us in His image, we must be like him in every aspect. God creates through his thoughts, and so do we. As Edgar Caise said, thought are things. Thoughts have a substance. There is more substance to thoughts than there is to matter. We cannot see the substance of the spiritual world that is why we cannot see the substance of our thoughts. Thoughts create the physical world. We know this since the discovery of quantum physics nearly a century ago.

The world has a spiritual reality and a material reality. We can see the latter and not the former. The material reality is controlled by the spiritual reality. If you want to change your material reality you must change your spiritual reality. To make this simple to understand, let us compare the world to a machine. The machine behaves the way it is programmed to. If you want the machine to behave differently, the only way is to change its programming. Likewise, the only way to change our physical reality is to change our spiritual reality. This is done by changing our thoughts.

We, as conscious beings, create our own world. This world is the outcome of our collective consciousness. It is imperfect because we are imperfect. We can change it if we elevate our consciousness. If we replace the thoughts of hate with thoughts of love, vengeance with forgiveness, anger with compassion, greed with generosity, and selfishness with altruism, we will be able to change the world.

One person cannot change the world, not even his or her own. To change the world, we need to elevate the consciousness of the entire humanity. However, one person can help others to elevate their consciousness. That was what Jesus came to do. He came to elevate the universal consciousness, to replace hate with love. He told us about the importance of forgiveness. Sadly, his message was hijacked by the Catholic Church for their own worldly gain. Sadly, the masses of Christians do not see that the Church is the plot of Satan to destroy the Christianity. The critics of Christianity have a very valid point in highlighting the crimes of the believers, committed in the name of Christ.

Imagine that all humans and all animals are like leaves of one giant tree. Call this the tree of life, each branch representing a species. We are all related and connected to the same tree. Whatever happens to one of us affects all of us. Now imagine that the trunk and the branches of the tree are invisible. All you see are scattered leaves, hanging in the air with no apparent relation to each other. Those invisible branches are the consciousness that connects us together and to the Trunk who is our creator. It is our spiritual dimension. We are related to each other, but we cannot see that relationship. Christ made us aware of those connections. He told us that whatever we do to others we do it to ourselves, to all the creation and ultimately to our creator. In his usual way, he explained this secret through an example.

He gave the example of a king who leaves his kingdom to his vassals and upon his return he rewards those who were kind to the people and punishes those who abused them. He tells them, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

It is very clear what Jesus is saying. He is saying that we are all related to each other and to God. He is speaking of those invisible branches that link us to one invisible Trunk. i.e., to God. We are all from God and connected to God.

God is revealing Himself to anyone who wants to see him and is communicating to anyone who wants to hear him. But we have to tune to Him. A radio receiver must be tuned to the station in order to receive the signals. If it is not tuned, it won’t receive anything even though the signals are there. God is all around us. If we can’t hear him it is because we are not tuned to Him.

How to tune? Through love. When we learn to love others, have compassion for all beings, get over hate, rage, greed, anger and revenge and learn to live like Jesus said we should, we will be able to hear God, and not only that, we will be able to perform miracles, like heal people, in His name.

If you are asking why God does not reveal Himself so we can see him with our physical eyes the answer is that our physical eyes are not made to see thoughts, consciousness and love. Physical eyes can only detect a very limited range or wave lengths. They are not the right tools to detect higher frequencies such as love. You don’t expect to see sound or hear light, because ears cannot see and eyes cannot hear. Thoughts can be perceived by thoughts and consciousness by consciousness. God is pure consciousness. We can see God and hear Him when we elevate our consciousness. Many people see God and everyone can because everyone is made of the same essence. The essence of God is love. We have to change our focus, from the material to Divine and tune our consciousness to God’s consciousness. God is love and the only way to perceive love is to become love. The more you love, the more you elevate your consciousness and the more you can see God.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H