Many of none
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 262

2 Not allowed!

Default How would you group them?

Would they look out of place in Central, North and Southeast Asia?

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

2 Not allowed!

Depends, they have a wide variance. Most would pass more easily in Mainland SE Asia, Myanmar or so. But some can pass in East Asia and some even in Central Asia.

Last Online
    12-06-2017 @ 06:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Many of none
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked is because I am sick and tired of being grouped together with South Asian Indians. In all honesty, I want them to get the hell out of the Northeast, get the hell out of the Himalayas and leave Sikkim, Nepal and Bhutan alone. Nepal is already demographically ruined.

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by simple matter View Post

Would they look out of place in Central, North and Southeast Asia?
    They wouldn't be out of place in China. I consider them family

I mean what's the difference?

Absolutely nothing. Besides flags and borders

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked is because I am sick and tired of being grouped together with South Asian Indians. In all honesty, I want them to get the hell out of the Northeast, get the hell out of the Himalayas and leave Sikkim, Nepal and Bhutan alone. Nepal is already demographically ruined.
    I know how you feel.

Serious mode /on
    I've always felt a special bond towards ethnic minorities and natives of the world. When I visited Canada, I learned of a special shared history between the Chinese and the First Nations. I was also surprised at the existence of marriages between the different Canadian natives and Chinese. Do note that in Canada and the Northern parts of the US, many native Americans look Asian and completely different from Mexicans. They look like you, like me. It was there that I learned of a tolerance and warmth I never experienced anywhere else. I learned Inuits live in some of the coldest weather but they have a warmth that just radiates and you forget all about the cold. They are not that different from the Chinese of the Northeast. I learned that First Nations Canadians, and almost they alone whole heartedly welcomed and looked forward to Chinese immigrants (it's the thought that counts). Those experiences changed my life completely and I found myself listening to their hearts' cry (and there is a lot). I'll say it now, tomorrow and till the day I die, the First Nations, the Inuit and Canadian Aboriginals are my favorite "native" Canadians bar none.

I promised myself never to talk over an ethnic minority. That's why I never argue with a Tibetan (or any ethnic minority) and tell him/her how he/she should feel. Sure, I might disagree and voice out my perspective but I'd refrain from mocking them.

I have friends from Mizoram (I don't want to call it a part of India as much as you so I won't). I have Chin friends from Myanmar. So I learned that both people are one and the same. These same Mizo/Chin friends told me that their ancestors came from China without a drop of shame that's why we look alike and well, I'm very flattered.

Good looking people
    Very welcoming too. Hope if more of us meet, Chinese can double the hospitality shown.

Her nationality is irrelevant to me. I'd buy the worms right there and I won't be a stranger.

Either way, it's quite sad how the Indian Government is treating them and I wished the Chinese Government would step in and help out minority siblings around the world.
    Sino-Tibetans around the world are suffering and have suffered enough.

Last Online
    02-05-2020 @ 04:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    UK
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Mostly south east asian.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

And now for the moment you were waiting for.

Serious mode /Off

Of course you don't want to be associated with curry munching Indians. You are fundamentally different in the most obvious ways.

You're grouped here.

They're grouped there.

Seriously, who on earth wants to be grouped with them? Indians, the only race to come out of a bath 10 times dirtier.

Last Online
    02-05-2020 @ 04:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    UK
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post

Either way, it's quite sad how the Indian Government is treating them and I wished the Chinese Government would step in and help out minority siblings around the world.
    There's nothing that can be done realistically for the 7 sister states.

Last Online
    12-06-2017 @ 06:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Many of none
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I know how you feel.

Serious mode /on
    I've always felt a special bond towards ethnic minorities and natives of the world. When I visited Canada, I learned of a special shared history between the Chinese and the First Nations. I was also surprised at the existence of marriages between the different Canadian natives and Chinese. Do note that in Canada and the Northern parts of the US, many native Americans look Asian and completely different from Mexicans. They look like you, like me. It was there that I learned of a tolerance and warmth I never experienced anywhere else. I learned Inuits live in some of the coldest weather but they have a warmth that just radiates and you forget all about the cold. They are not that different from the Chinese of the Northeast. I learned that First Nations Canadians, and almost they alone whole heartedly welcomed and looked forward to Chinese immigrants (it's the thought that counts). Those experiences changed my life completely and I found myself listening to their hearts' cry (and there is a lot). I'll say it now, tomorrow and till the day I die, the First Nations, the Inuit and Canadian Aboriginals are my favorite "native" Canadians bar none.

I promised myself never to talk over an ethnic minority. That's why I never argue with a Tibetan (or any ethnic minority) and tell him/her how he/she should feel. Sure, I might disagree and voice out my perspective but I'd refrain from mocking them.

I have friends from Mizoram (I don't want to call it a part of India as much as you so I won't). I have Chin friends from Myanmar. So I learned that both people are one and the same. These same Mizo/Chin friends told me that their ancestors came from China without a drop of shame that's why we look alike and well, I'm very flattered.

Good looking people
    Very welcoming too. Hope if more of us meet, Chinese can double the hospitality shown.

Her nationality is irrelevant to me. I'd buy the worms right there and I won't be a stranger.

What do we have here? Taiji differentiating the different races of India. Not the same thing after all?

They wouldn't be out of place in China. I consider them family
    What does the average Chinese think about Nepalese Mongols? It would be interesting to see some of their view points.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central European
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,880
    Given: 7,415

2 Not allowed!

It's a shame they are part of India. They are clearly not Indian and don't want to be part of India. As much as Indians like to whine about colonialism, they wouldn't have inherited Northeast "India" if it weren't for their British masters stealing that land from Myanmar. As for Sikkim, it is only part of India cause of unchecked mass migration from Nepal. Then the Nepalis voted Sikkim out of existence. Bhutan saw this and mass deported Nepalis from Bhutan, but Bhutan is basically a de facto Indian state now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information