Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    It's a shame they are part of India. They are clearly not Indian and don't want to be part of India. As much as Indians like to whine about colonialism, they wouldn't have inherited Northeast "India" if it weren't for their British masters stealing that land from Myanmar. As for Sikkim, it is only part of India cause of unchecked mass migration from Nepal. Then the Nepalis voted Sikkim out of existence. Bhutan saw this and mass deported Nepalis from Bhutan, but Bhutan is basically a de facto Indian state now.
    Definitely a shame. I've heard that the Indian Army has a very difficult time fighting the Naga insurgents and the small group of rebels practically received no aid from the rest of the world. I would say you are right about how many don't want to be Indian. I have a friend from Mizoram and she told me that when the Indians took over the region, there were countless atrocities and war crimes in that region. In her village in particular, the Indian Army rounded up the Mizos, and began mass raping the women. She said this with a very defeated tone, I actually felt very sorry for her and her people. I later found out that her village's experiences wasn't unique, the same happened in Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, etc. The UN also maintains its silence to this very day. It's sickening when I see how well the Chinese treated the Indians when we defeated them in 1962. Not only were the POWs nursed, fed and returned to India, the Chinese cleaned and returned their weapons later.

And you're right that many don't wish to be part of India and would fight for their independence if they had the remotest chance of winning. I've seen many posts suggesting this. Unfortunately such voices are harshly drowned out and severely repressed by "the world's biggest democracy" (what a joke). Atrocities are also committed against Kashmiris and Indian Muslims who should also get their independence IMO. Once again the global MSM is silent about this and that's why I can say the media is very hypocritical because they pick and choose the victims they support.

The OP is from Nepal and from his side of the story, Indians are very racist and mistreat both Northeasterners and Nepalese workers/students in India. His own country, the country of the Rai, the Limbu, Gurung, Sherpa, Bhutia (Tibetan) is a country where the mongoloid natives are losing their culture and genetic makeup as we speak. I completely agree and sympathize with how he feels.

India dominates Bhutan with a vice like grip and like all hypocrites speaks for them. I've met Bhutanese myself and shared a meal with a Bhutanese classmate and they don't have any real hatred of the Chinese as the media depicts. It's all just Indians. In fact, the Doklam issue is almost completely an Indian issue where they used the excuse of "protecting" the Bhutanese from Chinese domination (i.e. building roads on Chinese territory).

BTW thanks for your post on Sikkim. It's a very interesting one and I rarely ever get to see such an informative post on this matter. Learned a lot in those few words.

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by simple matter View Post
    What do we have here? Taiji differentiating the different races of India. Not the same thing after all?
    Why? Is that really strange? Just because they have 'India' in their nationality and have "compatriots" that I consider garbage doesn't mean I don't relate to them. To me, we have a common ancestor united through blood and language families. The ones I know have accepted me so it's only right I do the same. They're part of my family too. Genetically we are also very similar you know.

You see, Whites aren't the only people with a One Drop Rule. Chinese have it as well. Only difference is as long as you have a drop of Chinese blood, you'll always be welcomed as one of us

You're definitely like our ethnic minorities with the same admirable proud in your own culture. You're also very similar to our rural community

What does the average Chinese think about Nepalese Mongols? It would be interesting to see some of their view points.
    Of course opinions are varied and to be brutally honest, Chinese see your people similar to how you see us. Many of us don't know each other well enough to make a judgment (I hope this changes though).

But those that do know have nothing but good things to say about Nepalese people. During the earthquake, the Chinese who knew about it felt great sympathy for the people and students rushed to give donations and support to the people of Nepal.

Here's one opinon from a Chinese student about Limbu people of Nepal: https://sites.google.com/site/suoson...chineseculture

Key points:
    Through the story that the girl introduces Limbu culture to the boy, I could definitely see how broad and abundant Limbu culture is, and people love Limbuwan very much. They respect every creation in their land. So the whole land for them is divine.They are proud to introduce their culture to others.They have their unique traditional clothes and decorations. They even wear the clothes daily.In my country, we also have clothes which stand for our culture. But nobody wear those clothes daily. Only the minority area will treasure their costom clothes.In addition, Limbu people also enjoy traditional dancing and singing. They expressed their love to their homeland by songs and body languages.
    More importantly:
    I love how genuine Limbu people are, and the image in their eyes is really simple and filled with passion of life. That's the quality people live in modern city are missing.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,920
    Given: 7,439

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Definitely a shame. I've heard that the Indian Army has a very difficult time fighting the Naga insurgents and the small group of rebels practically received no aid from the rest of the world. I would say you are right about how many don't want to be Indian. I have a friend from Mizoram and she told me that when the Indians took over the region, there were countless atrocities and war crimes in that region. In her village in particular, the Indian Army rounded up the Mizos, and began mass raping the women. She said this with a very defeated tone, I actually felt very sorry for her and her people. I later found out that her village's experiences wasn't unique, the same happened in Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, etc. The UN also maintains its silence to this very day. It's sickening when I see how well the Chinese treated the Indians when we defeated them in 1962. Not only were the POWs nursed, fed and returned to India, the Chinese cleaned and returned their weapons later.

And you're right that many don't wish to be part of India and would fight for their independence if they had the remotest chance of winning. I've seen many posts suggesting this. Unfortunately such voices are harshly drowned out and severely repressed by "the world's biggest democracy" (what a joke). Atrocities are also committed against Kashmiris and Indian Muslims who should also get their independence IMO. Once again the global MSM is silent about this and that's why I can say the media is very hypocritical because they pick and choose the victims they support.

The OP is from Nepal and from his side of the story, Indians are very racist and mistreat both Northeasterners and Nepalese workers/students in India. His own country, the country of the Rai, the Limbu, Gurung, Sherpa, Bhutia (Tibetan) is a country where the mongoloid natives are losing their culture and genetic makeup as we speak. I completely agree and sympathize with how he feels.

India dominates Bhutan with a vice like grip and like all hypocrites speaks for them. I've met Bhutanese myself and shared a meal with a Bhutanese classmate and they don't have any real hatred of the Chinese as the media depicts. It's all just Indians. In fact, the Doklam issue is almost completely an Indian issue where they used the excuse of "protecting" the Bhutanese from Chinese domination (i.e. building roads on Chinese territory).

BTW thanks for your post on Sikkim. It's a very interesting one and I rarely ever get to see such an informative post on this matter. Learned a lot in those few words.
    Nowadays, from my experience, many Nepalis also see India as a bully, especially after India put up a blockade on them in 2015 cause Nepal didn't kowtow to some of India's demands regarding what Nepal should put in their constitution when Nepal was writing their constitution, mainly regarding the rights of Madheshis (Nepalis of Indian descent who live in the Terai region of southern Nepal).

Also, in the Indian state of Tripura, the native Tripuri people are a minority in their own land. They're about 17% of the population whereas Bengalis (Indian migrants) are 70%. I recall reading they became a minority in their land in the 60's after India stole their land, but I can't find a source atm to confirm. If true, that's basically genocide.

Also, in Bangladesh, the Chittagong Hill Tracts were originally Sino-Tibetan majority, but then Bengali Muslims Indicized the area after independence from Pakistan via mass migration to the region while also supporting violence and intimidation against them. They are known as the "Jumma people" and should be seen as victims of genocide or at least ethnic cleansing.

In Burma, during the British occupation period, there were a lot of migrants from other parts of British India (Burma was considered part of British India back then). 1826 was the year that Chittagonian Bengalis were transplanted there. They later ended up being trouble makers (the Rohingya genocide stuff the media promotes has a second side to the story). For one, they aren't descended from the original Rohingya people but stole that name for themselves. "Rohang" was actually the old Bengali word for Rakhine (region in Burma). If it weren't for the anti-Indian riots (there were three of them), then Burma may not have separated from India. I can tell you about the details that led up to the riots if you'd like. The reason that modern day NE India didn't stay with Burma after Burma separated was because it was annexed to India and cemented as part of India before the British annexed the rest of Burma.
    Last edited by Mingle; 11-24-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

I looked at the Nepalese royal family they look very different and seem to be from Indo-Aryan stock rather than Sino-Tibetans, and they seem to intermarry with other Indo-Aryans yet the masses are Sino-Tibetan.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Nowadays, from my experience, many Nepalis also see India as a bully, especially after India put up a blockade on them in 2015 cause Nepal didn't kowtow to some of India's demands regarding what Nepal should put in their constitution when Nepal was writing their constitution, mainly regarding the rights of Madheshis (Nepalis of Indian descent who live in the Terai region of southern Nepal).
    Definitely. Most South Indians, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka ALL have problems with India. In fact, during the Doklam standoff Bhutanese didn't say much but the little they did say seemed to indicate that they felt it was the Indians who were causing trouble. What the Indians don't realize in their overzealous hypocritical "Bhutanese need our protection" bullshit is that Bhutanese would be the biggest losers if India and China battled it out there.

Here are two interesting articles that show that India is the main obstacle between peace between China and the Himalayan kingdoms:
    https://thewire.in/156180/bhutan-doklam-border-china/
    https://theconversation.com/lessons-...-dispute-84158

I've heard about the Madhesi issue too and that does highlight the hypocrisy of India messing in the foreign affairs of other sovereign states. As far as I'm concerned, Indians are the last people to talk about other immigrants. India should take back ALL these Madhesis, they should take back all the Rohingya, and so forth.

Earlier this year, a Nepali was killed when Indian border forces opened fire: https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/...re-kanchanpur/

Imagine that. Indians killing Nepalis in a border that's closer to Nepal. And they have the nerve to demonize China. In all China's recent border conflicts (in the Himalayan regions particularly), Chinese forces have yet to kill anyone. Of course the MSM and fake Human Rights advocate groups like HRW keep mom on this.

BTW, it's a universal taboo in India to not "support Tibet and Bhutan" and even those that blame India for the 1962 war are adamant that India fought China because of China's occupation of Tibet. The truth is Tibet had very little to do with it, and all the blame could be attributed to Nehru's Forward Policy i.e. India's idiotic belief of a right to rule the region.

Also, in the Indian state of Tripura, the native Tripuri people are a minority in their own land. They're about 17% of the population whereas Bengalis (Indian migrants) are 70%. I recall reading they became a minority in their land in the 60's after India stole their land, but I can't find a source atm to confirm. If true, that's basically genocide.
    Agreed. A genocide definitely occurred there and in other Northeastern states as well. If not with Bengalis, Indians flood the areas with Bangladeshis, etc. while pretending to side with the native Northeasterners. Manipur is essentially conquered land. Most Northeasterners I know complain that their culture, identities and even race are slowly being eroded, both direct and subtle.

Bollywood is basically forced on them, essentially excluding Northeasterners yet Indians somehow feel threatened when some Northeasterners prefer Korean pop culture.

Ironically, the same thing is happening in the West. Indians take one industry, say gas stations/retail chains, and the next thing you know all the workers are Indian.

BTW, did you know that the Northeast area was intentionally neglected and left undeveloped? And while being bullied, discriminated and heavily outnumbered by scum (almost all Hindus), Northeasterners are over represented in the athletics field. Take the Northeasterners out of the equation and India's Olympics record is even more pathetic.
    Also, in Bangladesh, the Chittagong Hill Tracts were originally Sino-Tibetan majority, but then Bengali Muslims Indicized the area after independence from Pakistan via mass migration to the region while also supporting violence and intimidation against them. They are known as the "Jumma people" and should be seen as victims of genocide or at least ethnic cleansing.
    Yes, I've heard of that too. This is what would happen if the Chinese ever become a minority/lose our power in that area. We'd follow the same fate as our Sino-Tibetan/Burman brothers and sisters: http://unpo.org/article/20271 (rest of the world wouldn't really give a damn either)

When I was young and naive, I actually thought Tibet would have been better off independent and if the reclamation never happened. Now I know there are many sides to this story and an independent Tibet isn't really better off. Too many predatory neighbors in the region.

In Burma, during the British occupation period, there were a lot of migrants from other parts of British India (Burma was considered part of British India back then). 1826 was the year that Chittagonian Bengalis were transplanted there. They later ended up being trouble makers (the Rohingya genocide stuff the media promotes has a second side to the story). For one, they aren't descended from the original Rohingya people but stole that name for themselves. "Rohang" was actually the old Bengali word for Rakhine (region in Burma). If it weren't for the anti-Indian riots (there were three of them), then Burma may not have separated from India. I can tell you about the details that led up to the riots if you'd like. The reason that modern day NE India didn't stay with Burma after Burma separated was because it was annexed to India and cemented as part of India before the British annexed the rest of Burma.
    This is where my opinions really differ from Zhaoyun. I never really viewed the Rohingyas as legal residents of Myanmar. If you search on the internet, articles are incredibly one sided and detail only "Buddhist atrocities" against Muslims. From memory, buried in all this is the one event that lead to the "genocides" in the first place: http://lamadawphotoat.blogspot.com.a...hida-htwe.html

I think you're perspective is far more interesting and closer to the truth. The Rohingyas that we're supposed to feel sorry for aren't innocent victims: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_R...s#cite_note-30

When Myanmar Buddhists don't want Rohingya Muslims as their neighbors, it's for a very good reason. Conflicts and ethnic cleansings go way back and Rohingyas have committed the bulk of it. During WWII, the British armed the Rohingyas for the purpose of fighting the Japanese. Instead of resisting the Japanese, the Rohingyas used these weapons to terrorize Arakanese villagers.

P.S. I don't deny that the Myanmar (Bamar) army is brutal. In fact, I am not very fond of them, fully aware of the atrocities they commit against groups like the Karen, Kachin, Shan, Chin, Kokang, AKA real victims that the MSM seems to ignore. However, Rohingyas are constantly rioting, very murderous and heavily secessionist.
    And that's not even taking racial differences into account. Of course Burmese people would eventually decide to put a stop to this.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Two sides to every story.

These "victims" are even worse than the Muslim rapists in Europe.

Another case. The man who committed the act:

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

3 Not allowed!

They wouldn't be out of place in China. I consider them family

I mean what's the difference?

Absolutely nothing. Besides flags and borders
    Not to mention if they were a part of China, they'd be enjoying far higher living standards now. Probably have massive advanced infrastructure like high speed rail, modern expressways and subways crisscross the region, and the cities filled with gleaming skyscrapers. As minorities, they'd have access to affirmative action type programs too.

Instead now they just get mocked for their features from assholes like Fractal.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

How the fuck are you so knowledgeable? I swear to god you're like a human encyclopedia.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Yeah, I really wished China stepped in and pressured India to stop mistreating them. Some of my friends suggested threatening India through military force.

Evil China mistreating the ethnic minorities! Han Chinese take all the jobs and opportunities! Ethnic minorities have no important posts in government and military! All extremely one-sided and overused catch phrases we hear ad nauseam.

In the video above, the government official is an ethnic Tibetan and she clearly cares about Tibetans far more than all the rights activists (who can't even be bothered to leave the internet). Thus all those myths from China Uncensored are confirmed fake news

Honestly, I sometimes feel that China is the only country where the majority sees the minority as their equals or even better than themselves, never ever focuses on their racial differences, where there is none of the "us vs them" mindset like everywhere else in the world.

Now compare to India.

The words Indians and civilized couldn't be further a part.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I really wished China stepped in and pressured India to stop mistreating them. Some of my friends suggested threatening India through military force.

Evil China mistreating the ethnic minorities! Han Chinese take all the jobs and opportunities! Ethnic minorities have no important posts in government and military! All extremely one-sided and overused catch phrases we hear ad nauseam.

In the video above, the government official is an ethnic Tibetan and she clearly cares about Tibetans far more than all the rights activists (who can't even be bothered to leave the internet). Thus all those myths from China Uncensored are confirmed fake news

Honestly, I sometimes feel that China is the only country where the majority sees the minority as their equals or even better than themselves, never ever focuses on their racial differences, where there is none of the "us vs them" mindset like everywhere else in the world.

Now compare to India.

The words Indians and civilized couldn't be further a part.
    China has some issues with the treatment of minorities too, the worst is probably Xinjiang which has a very heavy security presence, of course, this is also because of terrorism and the fact that Uighurs do commit higher crime than other ethnic groups. Contrary to the Western media, there are not close to the amount of tensions with Tibetans. China has spent massive amounts of money in developing these regions however and improving the infrastructure and standard of living.

As for the other ethnic minorities, they are pretty much assimilated more or less. I think the main reason why China has been very successful in assimilating different groups is because Han Chinese themselves are very diverse, so they are accustomed to cultural differences within the Chinese identity. Take for example the ethnic Koreans in NE China, they pretty much consider themselves Chinese first, as opposed to the ones in Japan who have been heavily discriminated for generations.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information