Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    like mannequins of the shop windows
    Politics
    I don't like proletarians(craftsmen workers) and their primitive descendants
    Religion
    I don't like uneducated people
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,654
    Given: 661

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by badabum View Post
    Since when?
    Maybe you are confused, because many balkanite countries have been our vassals.

No academic historian or scholar associate Hungary with the oriental balkanites.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by badabum View Post
    There a point in your life, you have to take the big cock out of your ass.
    typical retarded hooligan who wants civilized Greece to be associated with his country:

Balkans, also called Balkan Peninsula, easternmost of Europe’s three great southern peninsulas. There is not universal agreement on the region’s components. The Balkans are usually characterized as comprising Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia—with all or part of each of those countries located within the peninsula. Portions of Greece and Turkey are also located within the geographic region generally defined as the Balkan Peninsula,

Greece, because its northern regions of Epirus and Macedonia are often considered parts of the Balkans, also appears on many lists of Balkan states, but it is arguably better characterized as primarily a Mediterranean country.
    source:
    https://www.britannica.com/place/Balkans

i even cited a URL, and just tell me what picture of Greece in the URL reminds you of any in your country, dumb?

Not ot mention that no part of Hungary is even mentioned

Banned
    Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 03:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Geographically Greece is the most balkanic country, because only the Greece is real peninsula. and do not forget Byzantine influence, which characterize the balkan, comes from Greece.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stears View Post
    Geographically Greece is the most balkanic country, because only the Greece is real peninsula. and do not forget Byzantine influence, which characterize the balkan, comes from Greece.
    I would like to remind you that apart from the fact that most of southern Europe (actually as a whole,except of Portugal and northern spain) has also been part of the Byzantine empire, Greece has been non-Byzantine too, with such non-Byzantine influence being more recent. For more info in the link, but i have another idiot to deal with right now

http://brennusduxgalorum.blogspot.gr...o-reasons.html

Banned
    Last Online
    05-19-2018 @ 03:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    I would like to remind you that apart from the fact that most of southern Europe (actually as a whole,except of Portugal and northern spain) has also been part of the Byzantine empire, Greece has been non-Byzantine too, with such non-Byzantine influence being more recent. For more info in the link, but i have another idiot to deal with right now

http://brennusduxgalorum.blogspot.gr...o-reasons.html
    My post was mostly about geography.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Geographically Greece is the most balkanic country, because only the Greece is real peninsula.
    Wrong. Greece has a lot of islands.

and do not forget Byzantine influence, which characterize the balkan, comes from Greece.
    So just because Greeks influenced Balkanites, Greeks are Balkan? It's simple: Balkanites (mostly Albanians and Bulgarians) have some little Greek influence. Greece has Balkan influences too, but they mostly came with assimilated people who are a minority.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 08:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    lol, no one wants to be part of the Balkans, but riddle me this. What is "the balkans" even as a cultural sphere, or even a geographical region? What is textbook Balkan in terms of culture for example? Because I'd then argue that based upon that standard basically all nations have somewhat of an argument for not being "balkan" really. If for example Albania is the standard, then who is Balkan? Everyone except for maybe Bosnia could argue their way out of the cultural region. Whatever though....

However, you've seemed to post one of the most out-dated PCA plots there are. I can't even find it's origins, but there are plenty of newer ones, a lot of which puts the bulk of Greeks with Albanians in terms of genetics. I don't see this obsession of trying to divide European countries in these minute regions. Greece would be southeastern Europe geographically due to it being the southeastern-most nation in Europe. However most countries that aren't on the borders of Europe are really quite abstract and personal opinion and agenda influences what regions they're placed in a lot.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My post was mostly about geography.
    geographically yes, we are, but this map out of his wishfull ass is not at all about geography. Every idiot who has no idea about my country has already an opinion about it

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    lol, no one wants to be part of the Balkans, but riddle me this. What is "the balkans" even as a cultural sphere, or even a geographical region? What is textbook Balkan in terms of culture for example? Because I'd then argue that based upon that standard basically all nations have somewhat of an argument for not being "balkan" really. If for example Albania is the standard, then who is Balkan? Everyone except for maybe Bosnia could argue their way out of the cultural region. Whatever though....
    I would say that I see South Slavic countries (except of Croatia and Slovenia, partially Montenegro too) as part of the same culture, and Albania as something on its own, and Greece having a definetely unique mediterranean charachter

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post

However, you've seemed to post one of the most out-dated PCA plots there are. I can't even find it's origins, but there are plenty of newer ones, a lot of which puts the bulk of Greeks with Albanians in terms of genetics. I don't see this obsession of trying to divide European countries in these minute regions. Greece would be southeastern Europe geographically due to it being the southeastern-most nation in Europe. However most countries that aren't on the borders of Europe are really quite abstract and personal opinion and agenda influences what regions they're placed in a lot.
    Greeks have nothing against Bulgarians, Albanians etc, but we don't feel related to them. So people get surprised when Greece is considered the same entity with the mentioned countries. Is it wrong to say that Greece is a Mediterranean country?

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information