Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Which race can claim Scythians racial achievements ? ( Slavs ? Turks ? Indian ? Europeans ? )

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    07-05-2019 @ 08:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,314
    Given: 71

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Polako is a retarded, he still did not got tired of having his ass wrecked by geneticists.

I accidentally copied and pasted that comment. It came from this thread and wrote by the member Kazbolat.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...urasian-steppe

Banned
    Last Online
    12-27-2018 @ 11:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Misanthrope
    Country
    Mongolia
    Politics
    Lefty Alt-right
    Hero
    Angela Merkel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,875
    Given: 2,197

0 Not allowed!

Scythians racial achievements
    The thread title is a joke itself.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brommando View Post
    The thread title is a joke itself.
    Is not a joke. Scythians are the most claimed ethnic group despite being extinct.

I forgot that the Ossetians of North Caucaus also claim to be Scythians.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Misanthrope
    Country
    Mongolia
    Politics
    Lefty Alt-right
    Hero
    Angela Merkel
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerKing View Post
    Is not a joke. Scythians are the most claimed ethnic group despite being extinct.

I forgot that the Ossetians of North Caucaus also claim to be Scythians.
    They are overrated on internet forums like TA. Some people claim them just like other similar groups in history (Vikings are a good example).

Could you mention some of the so-called "achievements" by wandering Barbarian tribes AKA Scythians? Among Scythian tribes, only Parthians managed to gain positive reputation by establishing a multi-cultural empire.

Plus they were different tribes. For example, How Parthian achievements are related to another Scythian tribes? Even the other Scythians were the enemies of Parthians:
    The earliest enemies of the Parthians were the Seleucids in the west and the Scythians in the east.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They are overrated on internet forums like TA. Some people claim them just like other similar groups in history (Vikings are a good example).

Could you mention some of the so-called "achievements" by wandering Barbarian tribes AKA Scythians? Among Scythian tribes, only Parthians managed to gain positive reputation by establishing a multi-cultural empire.

Plus they were different tribes. For example, How Parthian achievements are related to another Scythian tribes? Even the other Scythians were the enemies of Parthians:
    The earliest enemies of the Parthians were the Seleucids in the west and the Scythians in the east.
    Nobody claims Vikings so much since it's already established their origins from Scandinavia but Scythians are claimed by Russians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Ossetians, Turks, Tajiks, Afghans, Pasthuns, Persians and to a lesser extend Finns, Indians, Pakis, Kazakhs.

I myself sometimes wonder why so many people are claiming them.... Scythian expansive territory were a lot larger than the Parthians though.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Misanthrope
    Country
    Mongolia
    Politics
    Lefty Alt-right
    Hero
    Angela Merkel
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nobody claims Vikings so much since it's already established their origins from Scandinavia but Scythians are claimed by Russians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Ossetians, Turks, Tajiks, Afghans, Pasthuns, Persians and to a lesser extend Finns, Indians, Pakis, Kazakhs.

I myself sometimes wonder why so many people claim them.... Scythian expansive territory were a lot larger than the Parthians though.

You did not get my points. Read it again. I said Parthians were originally a Scythian tribe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahae
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parni

And other Scythian tribes were Parthians' enemies. Scythians were not a specific ethnic group. Bunch of different peoples who just labeled as "Scythian". Unfortunately the intro of wikipediaa article was edited and they removed this valuable info, quote from older versions:

The relationships between the peoples living in these widely separated regions remains unclear. The term "Scythian" is used by modern scholars in an archaeological context for finds perceived to display attributes of the "Scytho-Siberian" culture, usually without implying an ethnic or linguistic connotation.[10] The term Scythic may also be used in a similar way,[11] "to describe a special phase that followed the widespread diffusion of mounted nomadism, characterized by the presence of special weapons, horse gear, and animal art in the form of metal plaques".
    But similar info still exists in that article:
    Accounts by Herodotus of Scythian origins has been discounted recently; although his accounts of Scythian raiding activities contemporary to his writings have been deemed more reliable.[37] Moreover, the term Scythian, like Cimmerian, was used to refer to a variety of groups from the Black Sea to southern Siberia and central Asia. "They were not a specific people", but rather variety of peoples "referred to at variety of times in history, and in several places, none of which was their original homeland."[38]

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Could you mention some of the so-called "achievements" by wandering Barbarian tribes AKA Scythians?
    I though of these good reasons why so many people are claiming them.

1. They once controlled a large territory from East Europe to North India
    2. Many leaders, nobles in the ancient times from Europe to India claimed Scythian ancestry
    3. They left their genetic legacy on many populations.

Slav claim them is properly because ancient Slavs had puny empires in ancient times so claiming Scythian was good and better than nothing. In Afghans, Persians, Tajik case they claim them so they prove Iranic people are stronger than they think or Iranic people ruled a territory larger than middle east.
    Last edited by ButlerKing; 12-15-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You did not get my points. Read it again. I said Parthians were originally a Scythian tribe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahae
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parni

And other Scythian tribes were Parthians' enemies. Scythians were not a specific ethnic group. Bunch of different peoples who just labeled as "Scythian". Unfortunately the intro of wikipediaa article was edited and they removed this valuable info, quote from older versions:

But similar info still exists in that article:
    Well sorry, I'm pretty confused with these Scythians myself but I think we can all agree they nomadic invaders and we can also be sure they were a mix of Caucasian and East Asian genetically (based on every genetic study I've seen of Scythians).

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2018 @ 08:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 2,395

0 Not allowed!

I though of these good reasons why so many people are claiming them.

1. They once controlled a large territory from East Europe to North India
    2. Many leaders, nobles in the ancient times from Europe to India claimed Scythian ancestry
    3. They left their genetic legacy on many populations.

Slav claim them is properly because ancient Slavs had puny empires in ancient times so claiming Scythian was good and better than nothing. In Afghans, Persians, Tajik caste they them so they prove Iranic people are stronger than they think or Iranic people ruled a territory larger than middle east.
    They didn't leave any genetic legacy in Gujarat.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British irish
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You did not get my points:
    To be honest you didn't get the point of this thread either. There was absolutely no joking about when I made this thread. A lot people even some Indians made their ancestral assertions with Scythians which is so stupid and pointless. The British and German claim Scythians founded their tribes and claim them as their ancestors.

There's even a whole Wikipedia section on "descent claim" in the Scythian page

Descent claims

" A number of groups have claimed possible descent from the Scythians, including the Ossetians, Pashtuns (in particular, the Sakzai tribe), Jat people[148] and the Parthians (whose homelands lay to the east of the Caspian Sea and who were thought to have come there from north of the Caspian). Some legends of the Poles,[146] the Picts, the Gaels, the Hungarians (in particular, the Jassics), among others, also include mention of Scythian origins. Some writers claim that Scythians figured in the formation of the empire of the Medes and likewise of Caucasian Albania.

The Scythians also feature in some national origin-legends of the Celts. In the second paragraph of the 1320 Declaration of Arbroath, the élite of Scotland claim Scythia as a former homeland of the Scots. According to the 11th-century Lebor Gabála Érenn (The Book of the Taking of Ireland), the 14th-century Auraicept na n-Éces and other Irish folklore, the Irish originated in Scythia and were descendants of Fénius Farsaid, a Scythian prince who created the Ogham alphabet and who was one of the principal architects of the Gaelic language.

"The Carolingian kings of the Franks traced Merovingian ancestry to the Germanic tribe of the Sicambri. Gregory of Tours documents in his History of the Franks that when Clovis was baptised, he was referred to as a Sicamber with the words "Mitis depone colla, Sicamber, adora quod incendisti, incendi quod adorasti." The Chronicle of Fredegar in turn reveals that the Franks believed the Sicambri to be a tribe of Scythian or Cimmerian descent, who had changed their name to Franks in honour of their chieftain Franco in 11 BC. Based on such accounts of Scythian founders of certain Germanic as well as Celtic tribes, British historiography in the British Empire period such as Sharon Turner in his History of the Anglo-Saxons, made them the ancestors of the Anglo-Saxons. "

" The idea was taken up in the British Israelism of John Wilson, who adopted and promoted the idea that the "European Race, in particular the Anglo-Saxons, were descended from certain Scythian tribes, and these Scythian tribes (as many had previously stated from the Middle Ages onward) were in turn descended from the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel."[149] Tudor Parfitt, author of The Lost Tribes of Israel and Professor of Modern Jewish Studies, points out that the proof cited by adherents of British Israelism is "of a feeble composition even by the low standards of the genre."[150]

Geneticist Eran Elhaik believes the word Ashkenaz (i.e. Ashkenazi Jews) is derived from the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian name for the Scythians. He places the original homeland of the Ashkenazi Jews in north-east Turkey and a region to the north of the Black sea.[151] "

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information