R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 7,454

1 Not allowed!

Default C.I.A. Helped Thwart Terrorist Attack in Russia, Kremlin Says

MOSCOW — President Vladimir V. Putin called President Trump on Sunday to thank him for the work of the Central Intelligence Agency in helping prevent an Islamic State attack in the northern Russian city of St. Petersburg.

In rare words of praise for the C.I.A., Mr. Putin said the agency had provided information that “helped detain terrorists planning explosions,” the Kremlin said in a statement posted on its website. The attackers planned to strike crowded sites including Kazan Cathedral, a landmark Orthodox Christian church, the statement said.

“The information received from the C.I.A. was sufficient to search for and detain criminals,” the statement said. “The head of the Russian state asked the American president to convey words of thanks to the director of the C.I.A. and the American intelligence officers who received this information.”

The attack was described as imminent. It was said to be planned for Sunday — just two days after the first arrests were made on Friday. It was not clear when the C.I.A. provided the tip.

The Kremlin announcement offered no details on what information the C.I.A. had forwarded to the Federal Security Service, the main successor agency to the K.G.B. American intelligence agencies typically view the Russian agency as an adversary, even while cooperating in counterterrorism operations.

Trump May Have Shifted U.S. Intelligence Policy on Russia. Or Maybe Not. MAY 16, 2017
    During the call, Mr. Putin assured Mr. Trump that Russian intelligence agencies would similarly share information about terrorist threats to the United States, the Kremlin statement said.

Earlier, Russian media had reported the takedown of a terrorist cell in St. Petersburg without noting the tip from the C.I.A. The Federal Security Service, which is also known as the F.S.B., detained seven suspects who planned a wave of bombings, the Interfax news agency reported.

Russia has been plagued by terrorist attacks from some of the same Islamist groups that the United States tracks, such as the Islamic State. The Islamic State, for example, claimed responsibility for downing a Russian airliner over Egypt in 2015, killing all 224 people aboard.

It was not immediately clear where the plot originated — or how the C.I.A. learned of it — but Russian media reports identified a bomb maker with an ethnic Russian name, and other participants from two mostly Muslim regions in the Caucasus Mountains in southern Russia. That suggests that most of the suspects are Russian citizens. Another suspect was described as a native of Tajikistan, in Central Asia.

In 2011, the Federal Security Service warned the F.B.I. that an immigrant from Russia living in Boston, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, had associated with Islamist militants. The F.B.I. investigated the tip but closed the case after finding no proof. Two years later, Tamerlan and his brother Dzhokhar detonated homemade bombs at the Boston Marathon.

But the intelligence exchange that stopped the St. Petersburg attack was a rare recent example of publicly known cooperation between the two spy agencies.

Relations between Russia and the United States went into a deep freeze during the Ukraine crisis. Today, the United States military is training Ukrainian soldiers to fight Russian-backed separatists and, according to the American government, active-duty Russian soldiers in the eastern Ukraine war.

The United States and Russia also back opposite sides in the Syrian civil war.

And the cooperation that thwarted the St. Petersburg attack came after the C.I.A., in a joint report with other American intelligence organizations, identified the Federal Security Service as one of two Russian agencies that hacked the computers of the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 election.

The goals of the Russian operation, according to the report, were to diminish American confidence in elections and help the candidacy of Mr. Trump. The report, though, implicated not the F.S.B. but the main Russian military intelligence agency as the organization responsible for the so-called active measures phase of the operation — the leaking of data stolen from the Democratic Party to help the Trump campaign.

--------------

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/w...terrorism.html
    Last edited by Mingle; 12-18-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

That is a some good news.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    That is a some good news.
    Yes, indeed

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,983
    Given: 12,775

1 Not allowed!

Intelligence sharing between the US and Russia involving potential terrorist attacks has been going on for years. Russian intelligence warned the US about Tsarnaev, for example. They just didn't bother to keep an eye on him.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

2 Not allowed!

Thats the kind of coorpertaion I want to see! Maybe one day the dream comes true.

is just really nice
    Last Online
    07-05-2020 @ 02:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,435
    Given: 793

0 Not allowed!

So Putin thanks CIA for 'working' on russian soil
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Intelligence sharing between the US and Russia involving potential terrorist attacks has been going on for years. Russian intelligence warned the US about Tsarnaev, for example. They just didn't bother to keep an eye on him.
    That dude was 'refugee' fleeing russian oppression, which somehow continued to visit Russia after settling in US. So russian special agencies were bound to have some info on him.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 07:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Putinism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    So Putin thanks CIA for 'working' on russian soil

That dude was 'refugee' fleeing russian oppression, which somehow continued to visit Russia after settling in US. So russian special agencies were bound to have some info on him.
    This data was borrowed from captured Arabic ISIS members for sure, Vladimir Putin never allowed CIA to work on or soil.

Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 05:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Slight Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Croatian Thalmorian
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

The so called world government is in hands of freemasons and oligarchs, Putin is puppet of Russian jewish-oligarchs , they do not want share powers with American oligarchs so they both friends and enemies.

Thread Information