Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Is the "white race" a biologically coherent concept?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myanthropologies View Post
    I agree that the Ural provided some barrier to gene flow because mountain ranges are a huge barrier to gene flow, but at the same time, some ural people can be up to 30% East Eurasian in DNA. A lot have little to none, but a lot also have up to 30%.

The other borders between Europe and North Africa, Europe and Central Asia, and Europe and the Middle East were not barriers to gene flow, and gene flow occured across those borders.

This isn't true. People can sugarcoat it all they want, but there is documentation of these ethnic groups not being considered "white." If you've ever read the book "How the Irish became white," you'd know that.

Technically even mestizos were considered "white" under Jim crow, but there were times where anglo-saxons believed that these other groups of Europeans were different from them and did not support their immigration to America, either. Even if some groups may have been legally "white," that doesn't mean they were treated like it. Middle Easterners have been considered to be white legally (with the exception of Arabians) as long as ethnic Europeans have been, yet they are still socially considered non white in modern day and age. Legality doesn't mean anything. Social context is key.

My argument isn't that there isn't genetic variation within the human race or that human populations don't form "clines" or whatever. My argument is that every single classification system that exists for human being is extremely arbitrary and has major flaws. This is because humans just can't be separated into subspecies. And this doesn't apply to only humans, but several subspecies of dogs as well. American dog breeds have more genetic distances than different so called races of humans do, and america has way more sub species of dog than only 11. Also, your sample of Europeans was practically only slavs. If you threw in literally all European populations, you would observe way higher numbers.

What I mean is that, scientists are still arguing whether homo sapiens and neanderthals were even different species, etc. If they are still arguing over that, there is no way that humans are divided into "races," too.

False. Stereotypes may come from observations, but the explanation for those observation and are false and racist. Often times culture, environment, and diet plays a role, too.

Even if it is as little as 3%, , neanderthal ancestry has largely contributed to the phenotypes that humans use to quantify races. For example, skin color in Eurasians is 70% influenced by neanderthal genes. Same with hair texture, color, etc. And there is still the trends we see on PCAs that also support this. More neanderthal ancestry = farther from africans, and Africans have no neanderthal ancestry and represent the original humans. That 3% can make a huge difference if it comes from someone like neanderthals. Remove genes influenced by neanderthals in some human populations, and then compare the human genome using strictly homo-sapien genes. I am 100% sure allele frequencies will be practically the same after that.
    I seen your picture before no offense but you are a whitey,lol.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,130
    Given: 58,889

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousWays View Post
    Yemenis and Egyptians would not be considered white in the U.S.; neither would almost any Latino, at least in the common vernacular and definitions that are typically used in the U.S.
    they are. at least officially, probably not socially.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    they are. at least officially, probably not socially.
    That is going to change in the next Census, I think. We should follow the Canadian definition.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pendragon vampire
    Ethnicity
    annunaki-druid-pendragon-overlord
    Ancestry
    Alsace-Lorraine France, England, Scotland , Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Cornwall
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-med(pictish)+Dinaric+(gaelige)+Anglo-Saxon(40%)+Norse(6%)
    Politics
    Anti-mercantilism pro-aristocracy
    Hero
    William the conqueror
    Religion
    Luciferian baphomet worship
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 929
    Given: 144

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    You are making things up and referencing only like two people. It doesn't matter, I am an American and really do not need to focus on the European aspects of that. I have no relation to Europe never been there. I am just as much Italian as British(you are focusing more on the Italian aspect than I do in my day to day life) and I am not a fan of using hyphens for any Americans. I never talk about what I am like that to people no one cares except the weirdos on this forum,lol, real life is different. Roosevelt and many people of that time did not like using the hyphen either. You are American or not. But many like to use the hyphen especially Italians and Irish.

I have had ancestors in all American wars. They were Americans and saw themselves that way going back generations.

I am not really a good candidate for the hyphen as I am not 100% Italian. It is what it is. I am more like some like Caesay Rodney I suppose. Not sure how much Italian he was but doubtful he called himself Italian American. I am Protestant like him also. I do not call myself a British American either. Just generic American.
    Sorry, I am not making things up but I am unfairly using you as a whipping boy. You personally had nothing to do with Chains immigration act of the 1960s so I am taking it out on the wrong person/people.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TEUTORIGOS View Post
    Sorry, I am not making things up but I am unfairly using you as a whipping boy. You personally had nothing to do with Chains immigration act of the 1960s so I am taking it out on the wrong person/people.

Chain Migration is outdated and needs to change to a Merit based system.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,173
    Given: 5,255

0 Not allowed!

Not really

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

yes

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 01:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian + Iranian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Iran and Caucasus
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Vest Norway
    Y-DNA
    J2a1
    Hero
    Cookie monster
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,064
    Given: 4,192

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Human View Post
    Whites= Totally Caucasoid Christians
    That's why most Scandinavians are not whites accprding to my perception. But Scandos who think that being white is something good can call themselves white.
    Most probably they are Christians already
    They are not chateloic

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,990
    Given: 6,606

1 Not allowed!

IMO:

Race: the difference between Europeans and West Asians
    Sub-Race: the difference between NW Europeans and Southern Europeans
    Sub-Species: the difference between Europeans/West Eurasians and SSA's or Australian Abo's.

Europeans are made up of 3 distinct ancient races, the combination of which makes the current European/White race.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewigkeit View Post
    I believe in HBD, obviously, but I say the white race is a social construct.

Why should all European populations be labeled as one race, when they are biologically distinct, and differ significantly in skin color, temperament, and average IQ (Sicilians and Southern Italians have an average IQ of about 90, according to race-realist Richard Lynn, http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf while Scandinavians are well over 100: the gap is almost as big as the black-white gap in the US.)

It's also noteworthy that the concept of a pan-European white race is relatively new. In antiquity, no Greek or Roman considered, for example, the Celts to be his racial kin. Even in first half the 20th century it was far from universally accepted. The Nazis and the Italians were profoundly racist against Slavic "Untermensch"--see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_Plan--many racial theorists across Western Europe attributed the poverty and illiteracy of Russia to biological inferiority.

Finally, even now no one can agree who is and is not white. Are Turks white? Are Syrians? Are Jews? Are North Africans? There is no settled answer to these questions among race realists, and cannot be because the white race is a social construct.

Campania only 90 IQ ?..... It is B.S. Everyone in Italy knows that the "campanians" are too much ( sometime in a bad way ) smart..

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread Information