Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default A tale of two cities.

Two British mothers have been banned from a publicly funded women’s group and creche because it was set up exclusively for foreigners.

Emma Knightley and Kimberley Wildman thought the group would be the ideal way for them and their children to make friends.

They were encouraged to come by a mixed-race friend who attends meetings despite being born and raised in Britain.
    But when they arrived for their first session, a female volunteer told them they weren’t welcome because they were British-born.
    The Making Links group in St Neots, Cambridgeshire, was set up to help integrate foreigners and their children aged under five into the community.

It receives money from the town council and the Department for Communities and Local Government.

But yesterday legal experts warned the group could be in breach of the Race Relations Act, and faces action in a civil court which could order it to pay compensation.

Shop worker Miss Knightley, 25, who lives in the town with her 21-month-old daughter Imogen, said: ‘The first thing I was asked about was my nationality and when I said I was British I was told we had to leave.

‘She said “Are you not aware this is for foreign people only?” I said I knew it was trying to integrate people into the community but didn’t realise that meant British people and their children were banned.
    ‘I felt humiliated. You wouldn’t get away with a British-only mum and children’s group.’
    Trainee midwife Miss Wildman, 27, who has two daughters, Georgia, five, and 18-month-old Olivia, added: ‘It’s a real shame.

‘I want my children to play with children from other races and integrate in the community because that stops discrimination.’

When the pair were challenged last week, Miss Knightley pointed out that their friend, who is of Indian and Malaysian descent, was born and bred in Britain too.

The volunteer replied: ‘But her parents aren’t.’

Ministers said the group was ‘divisive’ and ‘racist’.

Last night the Department of Communities and Local Government announced it would effectively abolish it by cutting its public funding.

Communities and local government minister Bob Neill said: ‘It is a real cause for concern that monies allocated for community development are being spent in such a divisive manner.
    ‘Rather than building good community relations, such an insensitive approach that seemingly discriminates against British people threatens to undermine community cohesion.’

Justice minister Jonathan Djanogly, whose Huntingdon constituency includes St Neots, added: ‘I’m upset to hear that constituents have had a racist experience. There is a question here of legality and also of sensitivity. Teaching people how to integrate involves allowing people to integrate.’

St Neots is in the heart of a region that has been a magnet for economic migrants in recent years because of the wealth of jobs available. These include vegetable picking on farms and food processing or packing work in factories. *Making Links is run by a charity called Heart of the Community Trust and used by more than 70 women from 30 countries.
    The group is staffed by volunteers and receives £11,000 each year from a variety of sources. St Neots Town Council gives £1,000, while Faiths in Action, which is funded by the Community Development Foundation, a quango answerable to the Department for Communities and Local Government, hands over £5,000.

On application forms it sent applying for funding, it said that its weekly sessions help free women and children from ‘feelings of isolation, help them build multicultural friendships and empower them with knowledge about the local community’.

Making Links administrator Roger Owen said there were ‘plenty of other alternatives for British mothers in the town’.

He added: ‘We get the money on the basis it’s a group for ladies from other nations. We’re not sure they would give us the money if we were offering just the same services for local people.
    ‘This isn’t racism. What we are doing is helping people from other countries.’

St Neots mayor Gordon Thorpe said officials had checked Making Links’ constitution before handing over its grant. A spokesman for the Communities Development Foundation said: ‘It is up to [Making Links] to say who can’t come. It is not in the terms of the grant.’

But a Department for Communities and Local Government spokesman said: ‘We will not be issuing new guidelines but this group is going to be abolished by withdrawing funding in future and its public body status will be removed.’

A source at the department added: ‘We have not been very impressed with what they have been doing. We think it is a misinformed decision they have taken.’

A spokesman for the Equalities and Human Rights Commission said: ‘Whether or not this group is breaking equality law is a matter for the court to decide.

‘However, under the Equality Act 2010 there have to be good reasons why some people are excluded from using a service such as this.’
    Source

Two White British mothers refused entry on what amounts to discriminatory grounds.

I presume no legal action will be forthcoming.

Elsewhere in Britain, the other hand....

Two Christian hotel owners punished for refusing a bed to a gay couple claimed yesterday that their religion is being suppressed.
    Peter and Hazelmary Bull said Christianity had been pushed to the margins of society, and added: ‘Some people are more equal than others.’
    They spoke out after a landmark court decision awarded £1,800 each to civil partners Martyn Hall and Steven Preddy, who were denied a double room under the Bulls’ policy of allowing only married couples to share a bed in the hotel that is also their home.

Source

Two homosexual men are awarded "justice" for being "discriminated" against by a law abiding, Christian couple.

The boiling pan just turned up a notch up and down the country, folks.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Come on then all you Christian Couples (one assumes that real Christians couples will be one male and one female) who own guest houses and have had enough of being persecuted by the anti-Christian homosexuals and the evil Stonewall organisation. Stop turning the other cheek for them to shaft also, have a bit of payback and show up their hypocrisy.
    Why not try checking into the Chaps Hotel in Blackpool that advertises itself as "Blackpool's Friendliest Gay Hotel", see how friendly they are then again I doubt you will receive much of a welcome because the hotel is clearly run by bigots who have a problem with women.

As you can see it is a kind of tacky looking place but I suppose after a public toilet with "glory holes" drilled in the walls that reeks of stale urine and excrement almost anything else must seem real upmarket and just the place for a bit of bum fun.
    This is what the Chaps Hotel Sales Pitch is. Clearly "Hetrophobic - my new word" and Sexist to boot. Sue the pants off them.
    Gay Hotels Blackpool,Chaps is the largest and one of the best Hotels for men only and perfect for Gay holidays and Gay weekends,Chaps Hotel Blackpools Premier Gay Hotel is truly one of the most popular hotels in Blackpool and has been 'the place to stay for gay holidays' for many years.
    Now do not think that Chaps Hotel is unique in their hetrophobic and sexist advertising check out this from Guyz Hotel who seem to have a problem with women also.
    Guyz is a GENUINE Gay Hotel.That means it is a hotel owned and run BY gay people FOR gay people,but beware there are some straight owned ‘Pink Pound’ friendly Hotels locally that display the pride flag trying to cash in on gay money,and it isn’t until you check in that you discover they may be mixed, or even have STAG and HEN parties staying.!!!
    If you are specifically looking for a Gay Hotel be sure to ask if it is exclusively gay when booking to avoid possible disappointment
    Shock, bloody horror of horrors. Hotels where homosexuals might bump into a Stag Party of real men or even worse a bunch of women? How nauseating.
    Now I do not know about you but I find the insult to "straights" most offensive as I do, that bit there about the Guyz hotel being "exclusively" homosexual and feel that alone warrants a visit from our new Rainbow Police to remind them that they are clearly breaking the law.
    Source

I suppose some are just born more equal than others.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

More about the money and less about the principle* it seems.

*There was no principle to be had in the first case, but you get my drift.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Chaps Hotel, Blackpool, is only £90 for a WEEK, inclusive of reach-around, whether requested or not.

If one ever felt that life was getting a bit too classy or refined, a stay at Chaps Hotel would set one 'straight', so to speak.

Thread Information