Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

0 Not allowed!

California indeed has a large Filipino demographic and Pinoys may have founded Los Angeles, but for the most part it was the non-Filipinos who made the largest contributions to the culture and other industries such as science/art/architecture/etc I think.

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazou View Post
    California indeed has a large Filipino demographic and Pinoys may have founded Los Angeles, but for the most part it was the non-Filipinos who made the largest contributions to the culture and other industries such as science/art/architecture/etc I think.
    it's not a maybe.. it s fact dude that one of the Los angeles founders is filipino .. it's officially recognize by the U.S government & state of california... even barack obama made a letter .

also there were also filipinos that settled in louisiana in 17th century and fought against the british... which i will post in different thread.

Philippines only became a common wealth of america in the early 19th century.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

cultures can change over time... all you need is 4 teenagers in the basement making the next big thing after rock&roll/hip hop that can change the global culture..

but you can't change or replace founders or settlers..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

also i will post later on.. that filipinos have contact with native americans.. before Las Islas FIlipinas was a colony of spain..

and also filipinos have a connection with madagascar in africa..

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    it's not a maybe.. it s fact dude that one of the Los angeles founders is filipino .. it's officially recognize by the U.S government & state of california... even barack obama made a letter .

also there were also filipinos that settled in louisiana in 17th century and fought against the british... which i will post in different thread.

Philippines only became a common wealth of america in the early 19th century.
    And English language has totally made its impact in the islands. I'm glad we still manage to preserve all of our 187 language-dialects it's incredible!

I wonder if Philippines would've turned out to be like another Hawaii if we had become a state. Manila as we currently know it is already quite Americanized in general. If we had become a state that would also have been quite an interesting turn of events...sort of like an Asian rather than Polynesian island-state.

Filipino-Americans haven't contributed much in other fields such as Innovation/scientific-breakthroughs/technology/etc was one of my points though. Many Filipinos do immigrate to the US as professionals such as doctor/nurse/engineer, but no notable nor famous Filipino historical figure really comes to mind as having done anything prominent in advancing the American culture.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

And English language has totally made its impact in the islands. I'm glad we still manage to preserve all of our 187 language-dialects it's incredible!

I wonder if Philippines would've turned out to be like another Hawaii if we had become a state. Manila as we currently know it is already quite Americanized in general. If we had become a state that would also have been quite an interesting turn of events...sort of like an Asian rather than Polynesian island-state.

Filipino-Americans haven't contributed much in other fields such as Innovation/scientific-breakthroughs/technology/etc was one of my points though. Many Filipinos do immigrate to the US as professionals such as doctor/nurse/engineer, but no notable nor famous Filipino historical figure really comes to mind as having done anything prominent in advancing the American culture.
    nahh,.. just read the history books. you'll see asap

here's just a few samples of science advancements that i know people uses today or pave way to better technologies. most of these technologies/inventions were after Philippine independence.. i'm sure you use a 2-way phone feature from ur iphone/android..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

1) one of the reason my pres.quezon wanted independence was because America went after the germans instead of japan in ww2 ( America was racing against the russian & want that german tech)
    same goes for Australia, india, Malaysia who wanted independence from the british.

in short: its just too far, really really far far away..

2) being a U.S. 51th state means millions of people moving in, while people can move to the mainland America. it would have been heaven for 100 years.. but you forever gave away the next 1,000 years for the natives to try again and again to build it's own nation/ own creation/ you're own house. you're own rule, you're own destiny.

3) race issue: it was a different world back then when japan was the only developed nation while the rest of south east asia were a colony. you have to prove to the world, that you can stand on your two feet without you're adopted mother .

^just 30 years after independence ..Philippines/democracy collapses under pres. marcos( dictator). went from 1st world to 3rd world by just 1 president..... took the next generations for democracy to be restored. .. it will take another 30 years for Philippines to return to 1st world..

The Philippine Republic & Filipino Race has a '' DUTY'' to make a better house than what the Spaniards & Americans gave in the golden age in the 1900's, 40's 60s'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information