Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: Trump derides protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries

  1. #111
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    04-19-2018 @ 04:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    3,202
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,515/17
    Given: 5,284/24

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMischief View Post
    The expectation that countries like Norway are going to send immigrants over there is quite laughable at this time in history. Why would they leave a country that is, in most measures, one that provides a better quality of life (universal healthcare, free education, better labour protections, strong social security system etc.) for one like the USA that is way down that list?
    They probably won't. It's not like there's a set quota of immigrants that America must take in to survive. But if we're going to take in immigrants, better to take in the few Norwegians who want to than the myriad Africans who want to.
    "Inviting an invasion by foreigners and instigating one against them are two sides of the same neoconservative coin." - Ilana Mercer

  2. #112
    Veteran Member JohnSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    14,725
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6,296/290
    Given: 3,506/7

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMischief View Post
    The expectation that countries like Norway are going to send immigrants over there is quite laughable at this time in history. Why would they leave a country that is, in most measures, one that provides a better quality of life (universal healthcare, free education, better labour protections, strong social security system etc.) for one like the USA that is way down that list?
    Trump was saying Norway as a metaphor. He was just referencing educated richer people that can contribute to the country and will have an easier time assimilating. That is all.

  3. #113
    Veteran Member CertifiedCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 03:04 PM
    Location
    Hell
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Ya know them things from The Hills Have Eyes?
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Say perhaps to drugs
    Gender
    Posts
    1,276
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 650/12
    Given: 84/0

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    Trump was saying Norway as a metaphor. He was just referencing educated richer people that can contribute to the country and will have an easier time assimilating. That is all.
    Not exactly rich, but not completely impoverished, like many immigrants are. One could argue that America has always been a refuge for the poor, and it has, but every time poor foreigners were let in, conflict always followed. Take the Italians in the South for example. They came to Appalachia and other areas to break up strikes and take the jobs of native men. They were in the same positions as the white strikers. Poor, had families to take care of, etc. But, they were foreigners. It gave the native white miners a clear defined group to fight against, other than the mining companies and the Pinkertons. Italians were lumped together as a group of people that come to take your jobs, leaving you and your family to starve. Eventually, this discrimination ended and the white coal miners and the Italians intermarried. The only folks that still holds any resentment are either dead or getting pretty damn close to it. This is a recurring process in America. It happened with the Germans, the Jews, the Poles, the Sicilians, the Cajuns, etc. The problem is whiteness, in all honesty. You dont see the same process happening with blacks and whites, nor Mexicans and whites, nor Indians and whites. Its because folks tend to intermarry with folks like themselves, and expecting thousands upon thousands of immigrants who arent from a country like America to simply just mesh and assimilate is ridiculous. It sounds fucked up, but its true.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    01-24-2018 @ 08:22 PM
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Meta-Ethnicity
    .....
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    8,528
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,122/1,932
    Given: 2,441/378

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogum View Post
    Either America belongs to all of its citizens regardless of race or it belongs to Whites. I find it hard to see it in any other way.
    Wrong. America belongs to all citizens who pay federal income taxes and pay to live where they want to live.

    In my family's case, they've been residing in New Almaden Valley - a suburb of the San Francisco Bay Area (50 miles south of the city) since 1982.

    So please get lost and not worry about MY HOME you Scandinavian foreigner. This area is populated with many Indian families all of whom make well over $200k a year. The median house cost is around $1.2 million. Most moved here in the 80s.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almaden_Valley,_San_Jose
    Last edited by Fractal; 01-16-2018 at 10:25 AM.

  5. #115
    Veteran Member Marcus Garvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Location
    Jönköping
    Ethnicity
    Brazil-Sweden
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Taxonomy
    Light-skin Black.
    Politics
    PSOL (Socialism and Liberty Party)
    Relationship Status
    Festa no AP.
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Posts
    3,655
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,648/167
    Given: 1,837/71

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    Wrong. America belongs to all citizens who pay federal income taxes and pay to live where they want to live.

    In my family's case, they've been residing in New Almaden Valley - a suburb of the San Francisco Bay Area (50 miles south of the city) since 1982.

    So please get lost and not worry about MY HOME you Scandinavian foreigner. This area is populated with many Indian families all of whom make well over $200k a year. The median house cost is around $1.2 million. Most moved here in the 80s.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almaden_Valley,_San_Jose
    So if someone becomes unemployed and is unable to pay their basic expenses, they are no longer citizens of the United States?

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Calabria
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Theist
    Gender
    Posts
    366
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 254/3
    Given: 550/10

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    “Oh, my God. Oh, my God Jesus,” Desulme said. “I don’t know how much worse it can get.”





    This made me cringe. People are so fucking dramatic.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    "If you can govern yourself and your community, then you can take back your country."

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. idioteque

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 11:01 AM
  2. Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them
    By Profileid in forum News Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 08:33 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2017, 02:52 AM
  4. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 11:10 PM
  5. After trump victory trump supporters threaten immigrants and leftists
    By Mortimer in forum Current Affairs & Ideas
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 10:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •