PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Van Jones on 'Shitholes': Melania Trump's Country Slovenia "Not Exactly The Jewel Of Europe"
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Van Jones on 'Shitholes': Melania Trump's Country Slovenia "Not Exactly The Jewel Of Europe"

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,913
    Given: 7,434

0 Not allowed!

Default Van Jones on 'Shitholes': Melania Trump's Country Slovenia "Not Exactly The Jewel Of Europe"

Van Jones on 'Shitholes': Melania Trump's Country Slovenia "Not Exactly The Jewel Of Europe"
    ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: Van Jones, I mean should this come as a surprise to people?

VAN JONES, CNN: Well, I mean it's not only racist, it's only just inaccurate. Numbers are sometimes better. 33% of Americans have college degrees. God bless everybody, it's a lot of hard work, now they have student debt. 43% of African immigrants have college degrees, okay? 11% of white people in America have a graduate people. One-quarter, 25% of Nigerian Americans have a graduate degree. So what is he talking about?

Part of the thing is that when you're relying on just horrible stereotypes -- by the way, Melania Trump, our first lady who I admire greatly, is from Slovenia, not exactly the jewel of Europe. Slovenia. But she's welcome here and Nigerians are not. There's something wrong with the way this president is proceeding.

I don't think anybody here on this panel can defend these kind of comments. If you want to have a conversation about immigration policy, you can have it without insulting whole continents and whole countries, especially when you have African immigrants coming to this country, making America better every day and being disrespected by this president.

----

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...of_europe.html

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,954
    Given: 11,668

6 Not allowed!

Slovenia is actually doing pretty well for an ex-communist country. It only has a high corruption. However, it doesn't compare to Nigeria and especially not to Haiti.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,665
    Given: 5,623

8 Not allowed!

Actually that guy is an uneducated moron, Slovenia is a super picturesque and clean Alpine country, that's why it lives a lot out of tourism.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

I can understand if someone gets triggered over their country being called a 'sh*thole,' but to compare it to Slovenia is just...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Good luck figuring me out...
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 7,801

1 Not allowed!

From what I know, Slovenia is doing pretty well. Best not to rely on Americans' view of European countries...

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Oops, posted this in the Slovakia section They have similar names in their native languages.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

0 Not allowed!

Leaving aside that ignoramous' assessment and GDP-sperging which is about to come in the posts, it should be noted that Slovenes are basically Croats 2.0, a further step in evolution of millennially-long horseshit shoveling for Krauts.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,665
    Given: 5,623

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I can understand if someone gets triggered over their country being called a 'sh*thole,' but to compare it to Slovenia is just...
    Yeah, I would say that compared to Slovenia, Nigeria looks like a ... SHITHOLE !

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

3 Not allowed!

I remember that one buddy (when we were messing about just trying to find ethnic insults) he was all about how shitty and fucked up Romania is. When I said that his country (Sri Lanka) is much worse, he literally responded "Yeah, but it's not in Europe so you can't compare, all European countries are better than most non-Euro countries" and that holds true basically. Slovenia might be a poor country compared to Denmark or Switzerland, however compared to the countries Trump alluded to being a "shithole" it is a paradise.
    Another thing to note is how Slovenia somehow managed to keep it's allure and flavor in spite of being communist. Romania certainly did not and it's quite sad as it was a lot more beautiful pre WW1 than after WW2 and today.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmoo View Post
    Leaving aside that ignoramous' assessment and GDP-sperging which is about to come in the posts, it should be noted that Slovenes are basically Croats 2.0, a further step in evolution of millennially-long horseshit shoveling for Krauts.
    I've noticed that basically all slavo-magyars that claim central Europe has a sort of a Stockholm syndrome type of relationship with Austrians/ Germans. I also see no reason for why using GDP per capita is not a reasonable measure of living standards. It's not perfect, but it is one of the best. Usually living standards and GDP per capita show a reasonably strong correlation.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,810
    Given: 12,718

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: Van Jones, I mean should this come as a surprise to people?

VAN JONES, CNN: Well, I mean it's not only racist, it's only just inaccurate. Numbers are sometimes better. 33% of Americans have college degrees. God bless everybody, it's a lot of hard work, now they have student debt. 43% of African immigrants have college degrees, okay? 11% of white people in America have a graduate people. One-quarter, 25% of Nigerian Americans have a graduate degree. So what is he talking about?

Part of the thing is that when you're relying on just horrible stereotypes -- by the way, Melania Trump, our first lady who I admire greatly, is from Slovenia, not exactly the jewel of Europe. Slovenia. But she's welcome here and Nigerians are not. There's something wrong with the way this president is proceeding.

I don't think anybody here on this panel can defend these kind of comments. If you want to have a conversation about immigration policy, you can have it without insulting whole continents and whole countries, especially when you have African immigrants coming to this country, making America better every day and being disrespected by this president.

----

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...of_europe.html
    This guy reminds me of Fractal with the same inability to understand simple concepts. That 43% of self selected African immigrants have university degrees doesn't mean Africa's population is full of highly competent people. What it ironically means is competent people leave shitholes for green pastures and if that greener pasture is on the other side of the world the less competent won't be able to get there. It's, um, far harder to make it to the US on boat from Africa than Europe. There is something called 'the Atlantic Ocean' between Africa and the US. Their better off countrymen can afford a plane ticket.

It makes me wonder if people like the author actually think what they say through or is winning 'liberal points' with like minded readers all that matters?
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 01-17-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information