Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does it seem South American Mestizos embrace their Native heritage more than Central Americans?

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mčxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques de Imbelloni View Post
    I just saw your video Bolivia is a complete shithole now i understand why Argentano hates them.

Fuck Bolivia and Peru

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    South American countries are just opening themselves up to the world.

I was talking to a Bolivian girl about this topic exactly and she said that only now Bolivians feel more proud of their heritage, when they start travelling and meeting new people. I met other Peruvians as well that when they see that the world respond them much better they have a very different outlook of themselves. For instance, I met this Peruvian girl who moved to some Scandinavian(Norway or Sweden) and she said that people found her exotic and attractive and none of the negative stereotypes of backwardness,ugliness, ignorance that Latin American society attributes to Ameridians or Ameridian features. I'm happy for them and hope more mestizos get the chance to experience other cultures and countries.
    I always said that when pred-Native looking Mexicans and Peruvians move outside of the Americas to places Europe or Asia, people find their Native Culture (incas, Aztecs etc) fascinating and exotic, making them more popular than boring European Spaniard or 'white' Latino. A Mayan in Chiapas will face discrimination/get verbally shot down if he exhibit too much Amerindian pride or behaviour but in the UK or Japan, people will find such an individual interesting.

Last Online
    01-03-2020 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Krypton
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 55

0 Not allowed!

Interesting topic. I think it ultimately comes down to the projecting yourself to what you consider as being in position of power. I could be wrong but in many countries there are definite images of whats considered as being rich, and whats considered as being poor. When you combine this with the residual colonial beliefs, people will hate certain parts of their heritage.Just a guess. The disparity in wealth/ power/ influence is probably obvious in many south american /central american countries. I have frequented these types of sites for the last 5 yeas, and for every latino user who prides himself/herself as having Aboriginal ties, you have 5 other users from such areas proving how white they are. "My mother's brother, grandfather's, 3rd cousin was from village X in Portugal / Spain, therefore I am am special"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadefire View Post
    Interesting topic. I think it ultimately comes down to the projecting yourself to what you consider as being in position of power. I could be wrong but in many countries there are definite images of whats considered as being rich, and whats considered as being poor. When you combine this with the residual colonial beliefs, people will hate certain parts of their heritage.Just a guess. The disparity in wealth/ power/ influence is probably obvious in many south american /central american countries. I have frequented these types of sites for the last 5 yeas, and for every latino user who prides himself/herself as having Aboriginal ties, you have 5 other users from such areas proving how white they are. "My mother's brother, grandfather's, 3rd cousin was from village X in Portugal / Spain, therefore I am am special"
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...46#post6411246

I have created a thread on this topic

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadefire View Post
    Exactly this. I met a Latina girl(I think she was from Panama) who moved to Canada and she was "white passing" in Panama. But once she got to Canada people said she was Latina. There are countless of examples, of many upperclass(including in this forum) Castizos or Quadroons who want to be white or in their countries are "white passing" but once they move US, Canada people see them as ethnic and non-white, therefore, they lose many of their privileges they would get in their respective countries.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2020 @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    numidian
    Ethnicity
    north african
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 505
    Given: 1,410

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    Lol. Indeed it's the exact opposite of what they are saying. Central Americans and Mexicans are more proud of their Native ancestry. In South America, us Blacks are the only proud non-Whites. And because the Central Americans/Mexicans are also proud of their non-White blood, we have mutual respect for each other. This is why Afro-Brazilian players get called niggers by Peruvian Indians and Mestizos, but not by Mexicans. And Peruvians are looked down upon by Afro-Brazilians, but Mexicans are widely considered cool people. South American mestizos are the biggest self-haters on the planet.
    In the us black and mexicans are involved in racial fights

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    South American countries are just opening themselves up to the world.

I was talking to a Bolivian girl about this topic exactly and she said that only now Bolivians feel more proud of their heritage, when they start travelling and meeting new people. I met other Peruvians as well that when they see that the world respond them much better they have a very different outlook of themselves. For instance, I met this Peruvian girl who moved to some Scandinavian(Norway or Sweden) and she said that people found her exotic and attractive and none of the negative stereotypes of backwardness,ugliness, ignorance that Latin American society attributes to Ameridians or Ameridian features. I'm happy for them and hope more mestizos get the chance to experience other cultures and countries.
    Honestly it's hard to find people with andid phenotype charming

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaRicaBall View Post
    You should specify central americans with andean mestizos because I have the impression that venezuelan/colombians dont embrace it at all.
    In the case of Guatemala and El Salvador they dont embrace it because amerindian culture make them more poor (and this is the reason of why they kill themselves).
    In other hand, panamanians are too black admixed to feel the amerindian heritage plus their amerindians ancestors dont achieve something worthy to say unlike incas. Nicaraguans embrace it a lot, many nicaraguans with african traits self-report as mestizos or amerindians. Also, most central americans have a lower standard of life in pair of their andean homologos so they dont have time to think about that stuff.
    In the case of Costa Rica and Chile (the most closely themselves) maybe is because mapuches were greater warriors while amerindians here didnt achieve nothing.
    Really???
    Costa-Rican indigenous were excellent farmers, they dominated very well the tropical agriculture.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

I ve allways been very attracted to native americans and their culture, and about all of them and it doesn't matter if they reached a high culture level or not.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

1 Not allowed!

What are you talking about South America is probably the most Eurocentric region within Latin America with the exception of Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Paraguay. If anything Central Americans are way more connected to they’re indigenous ways since most they’re countries are just plain mestizos while some areas of South America are entirely populated by Europeans not even of Latin stock

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

This explains a lot of your baised behavior towards Peruvians, wish there was a block button on this website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information