Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,176
    Given: 3,162

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Isleño View Post
    It’s hard for afrocentrists to accept that the ancient Egyptians are the ancestors of modern Egyptians because WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEIIT But the evidence is overwhelmingly in Egypt’s favor.
    Whats interesting is that I have heard some say that the Nubians originally inhabited parts of the Nile river valley but were either made into a minority or pushed out of the region, South, when the Egyptians became the predominate race in the region. But the Nubians were not Egyptians for sure.

De la comunidad isleña de Luisiana Isleño's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,034
    Given: 1,735

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arkas View Post
    Whats interesting is that I have heard some say that the Nubians originally inhabited parts of the Nile river valley but were either made into a minority or pushed out of the region, South, when the Egyptians became the predominate race in the region. But the Nubians were not Egyptians for sure.
    Well that’s a whole new topic to comment on because there’s a story to it. Basically before 50,000 years ago, North Africa was only inhabited by Africans. But around 45,000-50,000 years ago, the first wave of migrants from West Eurasia arrived and settled. Then several waves of settlers from West Eurasia arrived and the bulk of them arrived 10,000 kya-16,000 kya. This massive continuing migration that lasted for millennia stretched from what is today Morocco to Egypt. The ancestors of the ancient Egyptians were among this migration group. The ancestors of the ancient Egyptians displaced the Nilotic Africans living in Egypt along the Nile for the most part, long before the creation of Egyptian dynasties and ancient Egypt as we know it. There is possible evidence that there could have been a race war. They pushed most of the Nilotic Africans further south to the regions known as Nubia and Kush.

That’s the history in a nutshell.

Actually sister subclades of my maternal haplogroup U6b1a, belonging to the main haplogroup U6, have been found among the ancient Egyptian mummies sequenced from Abusir El Meleq (U6a, U6a2, U6a3), (I’m Canarian Spanish ancestry so although my paternal haplogroup is Iberian, my maternal haplogroup is North African). This is because most all North Africans descend from this huge West Eurasian migration into North Africa so all of us that descend from this migration share haplogroups. Also, among the ancient Egyptian haplogroups, many are shared with West Asians and Europeans as well, connecting both regions to Egypt and North Africa through a West Eurasian genetic connection.

For instance, Governor Djehutynakht of the 11th dynasty had a haplogroup that was also found in ancient remains from Lebanon and also Europe.

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Well that’s a whole new topic to comment on because there’s a story to it. Basically before 50,000 years ago, North Africa was only inhabited by Africans. But around 45,000-50,000 years ago, the first wave of migrants from West Eurasia arrived and settled. Then several waves of settlers from West Eurasia arrived and the bulk of them arrived 10,000 kya-16,000 kya. This massive continuing migration that lasted for millennia stretched from what is today Morocco to Egypt. The ancestors of the ancient Egyptians were among this migration group. The ancestors of the ancient Egyptians displaced the Nilotic Africans living in Egypt along the Nile for the most part, long before the creation of Egyptian dynasties and ancient Egypt as we know it. There is possible evidence that there could have been a race war. They pushed most of the Nilotic Africans further south to the regions known as Nubia and Kush.

That’s the history in a nutshell.

Actually sister subclades of my maternal haplogroup U6b1a, belonging to the main haplogroup U6, have been found among the ancient Egyptian mummies sequenced from Abusir El Meleq (U6a, U6a2, U6a3), (I’m Canarian Spanish ancestry so although my paternal haplogroup is Iberian, my maternal haplogroup is North African). This is because most all North Africans descend from this huge West Eurasian migration into North Africa so all of us that descend from this migration share haplogroups. Also, among the ancient Egyptian haplogroups, many are shared with West Asians and Europeans as well, connecting both regions to Egypt and North Africa through a West Eurasian genetic connection.

For instance, Governor Djehutynakht of the 11th dynasty had a haplogroup that was also found in ancient remains from Lebanon and also Europe.
    Very interesting, now THIS is what should be taught in regards to the question of race in ancient Egypt.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

2 Not allowed!

Ancient Egyptians were clearly swarthy brown skin Caucasoid, they never depicted themselves Black or White.
    If there is an undebatable thing, it is that modern day Egyptians descend mainly from the previous ones but have more SSA, Oriental, and European influence because of Islam race blind policy.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,219

2 Not allowed!

But the real question is: Why is this thread on the "Geopolitics" cathegory?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    Ancient Egyptians were clearly swarthy brown skin Caucasoid, they never depicted themselves Black or White.
    If there is an undebatable thing, it is that modern day Egyptians descend mainly from the previous ones but have more SSA, Oriental, and European influence because of Islam race blind policy.
    The ancient Egyptians left behind artifacts that showed clearly what they looked like and who they resemble today. I think modern Egyptians still resemble ancient Egyptians:

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The ancient Egyptians left behind artifacts that showed clearly what they looked like and who they resemble today. I think modern Egyptians still resemble ancient Egyptians:

They look somewhat similar indeed to modern day Egyptians indeed, mostly Orientalids with sometimes minor Med or Ethiopid influence.
    http://humanphenotypes.net/Egyptid.html
    http://humanphenotypes.net/Siwa.html

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,479

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StonyArabia View Post
    modern Egyptians are basically the descendants of the ancient Egyptians, they just switched languages, in fact up to the 19th century many Egyptian Muslim villages also spoke Coptic before it completely died out.
    In a 2017 genetic study of around 80 mummies, they found that ancient Egyptians were more Levantine or Near Eastern shifted, unlike the Egyptians today who are more SSA admixed. This was rather surprising to me because I thought Egyptians got lighter recently due to mixing with southern Europeans, and instead were more SSA-influenced in the ancient past.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...ptians/8572076

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isleño de Luisiana
    Ethnicity
    Spanish-American
    Ancestry
    Canary Islands, Spain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Louisiana
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    U6b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med+Alpine+Berid
    Politics
    Center Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    In a 2017 genetic study of around 80 mummies, they found that ancient Egyptians were more Levantine or Near Eastern shifted, unlike the Egyptians today who are more SSA admixed. This was rather surprising to me because I thought Egyptians got lighter recently due to mixing with southern Europeans, and instead were more SSA-influenced in the ancient past.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...ptians/8572076
    Yes, well that’s not the case, as you now know. The Abusir study by Shuenemann et al. Is the only genome-wide study on ancient Egyptians and other studies come nowhere near it. As we can see from that study, the AE’s were less black admixed than today’s Egyptians. However, when it comes to phenotype, I doubt an 8% SSA difference will make a great physical difference in many Egyptians. As I’ve shown from the figurines above, they looked just like modern Egyptians.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic