View Poll Results: As a whole, do Filipinos and Indonesians pass better in Korea and Bangladesh?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Korea

8 29.63%
  • Bangladesh

16 59.26%
  • Both in equal measure

3 11.11%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: As a whole, do Filipinos and Indonesians pass better in Korea or Bangladesh?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 610
    Given: 2,305

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Its not really about skin tone. a bunch of bangladeshis are light as if not lighter than many indonesians. Its the facial features. indonesians are predominantly mongoloid, just a tropical version thats all.

Chinese mixed indonesians means they're mixed. the native indonesians like the javanese, bali type folks that are vast majority of indonesian population are not that much lighter than bengalis.
    Same thing with Pinos, predominantly Mong but also a tropical adapted version.

Off topic a bit, but I notice ppl tend to think of Philipinoys, Indonesians, Malaysians as what pure Austronesians should look like when they actually have a lot of Negrito, Papuan/Oceanian, South Asian, Euro and even Middle Eastern and Negroid (saw some Malay and Filo results with SSA but they seem to be outliers) ancestries.

A very significant percentage of Taiwanese Aborigines and pure indigenous Austronesian tribes without AASI, Negrito, South Asian/West Eurasian, Papuan/Oceanian ancestry in the isolated interior of Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines such as Murut, Dusun, Nias, Mentawai, Igorot, etc. can resemble Tai Kradai groups, Vietnamese, Southern Chinese in their phenotypes.
    Last edited by Zanzibar; 07-01-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Last Online
    11-18-2023 @ 12:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oceanian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Melanesian
    Ancestry
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Malayo-Melanesid/Toalid/Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 1,319

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joqool View Post
    Same thing with Pinos, predominantly Mong but also a tropical adapted version.

Off topic a bit, but I notice ppl tend to think of Philipinoys, Indonesians, Malaysians as what pure Austronesians should look like when they actually have a lot of Negrito, Papuan/Oceanian, South Asian, Euro and even Middle Eastern and Negroid (saw some Malay and Filo results with SSA but they seem to be outliers) ancestries.

A very significant percentage of Taiwanese Aborigines and pure indigenous Austronesian tribes without AASI, Negrito, South Asian/West Eurasian, Papuan/Oceanian ancestry in the isolated interior of Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines such as Murut, Dusun, Nias, Mentawai, Igorot, etc. can resemble Tai Kradai groups, Vietnamese, Southern Chinese in their phenotypes.
    On the contrary,I believe pure Austronesians like Taiwanese Aboriginals actually resemble some Amerindians or psuedo Amerindian most.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oceanian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Melanesian
    Ancestry
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by guyinsf View Post
    Bangladesh people are one of the darkest if not the darkest Asians in all of Asia. I have lots of Indonesian friends and all of them are either of Chinese origin or mixed with Chinese and although they aren't an exact match with Korea they are still much closer to Korea than Bangladesh, whose people are as dark as Indians.
    That's because most overseas Indonesians are mixed with Chinese or straight up Chinese.Eastern Indonesians such as Moluccans and Timorese are every bit as dark as Bangladeshis and South Indians,and are also genetically half Papuan and almost none have Chinese admixture.In Indonesia itself Chinese admixture is neligible,and most non Australoid mixed ones are still Brown skinned.

Another thing that is distinct is you can find curly and frizzy hair including "*Afros" in Indonesia(in the East) that you can't find at least naturally in Bangladesh.

I know this because I have actually BEEN to Indonesia,Jakarta and Makassar and Ambon.So I have seen West,Central,and Eastern phenotypes there.Its a very diverse nation with over 1,500 ethnic groups.Few of them are even fully Austronesian either.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oceanian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Melanesian
    Ancestry
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Its not really about skin tone. a bunch of bangladeshis are light as if not lighter than many indonesians. Its the facial features. indonesians are predominantly mongoloid, just a tropical version thats all.

Chinese mixed indonesians means they're mixed. the native indonesians like the javanese, bali type folks that are vast majority of indonesian population are not that much lighter than bengalis.
    Yup it's the features that are different,on average skintone is roughly the same.And Eastern Indonesians such as Moluccans and Timorese and even some Papuans actually DO look psuedo South Indian on occasion.Both me and my entire family are mistaken for South Indian here in the US.Indian admixture in Eastern Indonesia is also strangely Zero to Nil despite the psuedo resemblances you can find.Western Indonesia such as Java,Bali,and Aceh are the ones who are mixed with Indians the most.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KuakoVoice View Post
    On the contrary,I believe pure Austronesians like Taiwanese Aboriginals actually resemble some Amerindians or psuedo Amerindian most.
    Some pure Austronesians including Taiwanese Aborigines might do but a significant very amount of them still look like other SE Asians including Viets, Tai Kadais (Pure Austronesians and Tai Kadais actually are genetically related and believe to originally come from the same family where one group remains on the mainland Southern China while the other group migrates to Taiwan).

Genetically speaking, Taiwanese Aboriginals are still very distant genetically from Amerindians though. In fact, Yeniseian and Samoyedic speaking Siberian tribes such as Ket, Selkup or Paleosiberians such as Chukchi, Itelmen, Koryak, etc. are actually closest to Amerindians genetically despite looking pretty different and SE Asians are actually the furthest Mongoloids from them genetically speaking.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yup it's the features that are different,on average skintone is roughly the same.And Eastern Indonesians such as Moluccans and Timorese and even some Papuans actually DO look psuedo South Indian on occasion.Both me and my entire family are mistaken for South Indian here in the US.Indian admixture in Eastern Indonesia is also strangely Zero to Nil despite the psuedo resemblances you can find.Western Indonesia such as Java,Bali,and Aceh are the ones who are mixed with Indians the most.
    I remember on the Gedmatch MDLP K23b, the Manggarai of Flores score like 7% South Indian which is pretty high for Eastern Indonesia, the Kambera of Sumba score like 4%, Lamaholot, Alorese and Lembata of Flores, Alor, Solor score 6%, 3% and 5% South Indian respectively. But yep, Western Indonesians still have higher Indian blood on average.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oceanian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Melanesian
    Ancestry
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I remember on the Gedmatch MDLP K23b, the Manggarai of Flores score like 7% South Indian which is pretty high for Eastern Indonesia, the Kambera of Sumba score like 4%, Lamaholot, Alorese and Lembata of Flores, Alor, Solor score 6%, 3% and 5% South Indian respectively. But yep, Western Indonesians still have higher Indian blood on average.
    You have more Indian admixture in East Nusa Tengarra.From what I have see as a Moluccan is that my DNA and my Moluccan mother's DNA has little to no Indian ancestry.Our DNA on Ancestry was just Austronesian (both "Philippines" and Polynesian) and Melanesian.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Chechnya
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You have more Indian admixture in East Nusa Tengarra.From what I have see as a Moluccan is that my DNA and my Moluccan mother's DNA has little to no Indian ancestry.Our DNA on Ancestry was just Austronesian (both "Philippines" and Polynesian) and Melanesian.
    Ah I see. Is it because of East Nusa Tenggara is closer in geographical proximity to Java, Bal? Do you think there is more Indian blood in Sulawesi than in the Moluccas as well?

That's Interesting.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oceanian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Melanesian
    Ancestry
    Moluccan/Ashkenazi
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ah I see. Is it because of East Nusa Tenggara is closer in geographical proximity to Java, Bal? Do you think there is more Indian blood in Sulawesi than in the Moluccas as well?

That's Interesting.
    Yes for both, South Maluku and Timor Leste has the least Indian influence in the entire region.My mother is Ambonese and on Ancestry ONLY scored Austronesian/Phillipines, Melanesia,and Poylnesia.

Last Online
    08-23-2022 @ 09:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    HV3b
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism