View Poll Results: Do you think it's 'okay' or 'right' for women to fight on the battlefield?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think women can fight on the battlefield, and should be able to fight if they want to

7 53.85%
  • No, women have no place on the battlefield, it should be prohibited or at least frowned upon

5 38.46%
  • Other, explain

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do women have a place in the battlefield?

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Not the vast majority. Maybe a small minority.
    But isn't it true for men as well? Some are just weak/fragile and will end up being slaughtered on the battlefield like dogs. If a more capable woman can take his position, should she be allowed to?

Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,759
    Given: 8,734

1 Not allowed!

In a modern battlefield women can totally have a place.
    If a 8 years od child is able to hold and fire with a kalash, I don't see why a women can't. Of course it will be harder for them to integrate comandos, elit unity or police unity where strengh play a big role.
    But there are many other jobs than footsoldiers in an army. In fact footsoldiers represent a tiny minority.

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    The notion that women shouldn't lead or fight in battles mostly revolves around gender roles though. And in return this gender role is based on the fact that women are genetically predisposed to being physically weaker than men (lower testosterone levels).

Age and gender comparisons of muscle strength in 654 women and men aged 20–93 yr

Do you think the exception should be allowed if they are able to prove themselves?
    I meant exceptions as in women who are actually really good at fighting but these cases are rare
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Kouros

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    I meant exceptions as in women who are actually really good at fighting but these cases are rare
    I know lol. So you think they should be allowed if they prove themselves capable?

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thraco-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric alps/northern Albania
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Y-DNA
    J1-ZS241, Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*
    mtDNA
    T1a1l
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid + CM
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti-Skanderbeg, Alexander the Great, Isa Boletini
    Religion
    Albanianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,495
    Given: 3,850

0 Not allowed!

I know lol. So you think they should be allowed if they prove themselves capable?
    Yh, maybe
    23andme: 100% Balkan https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...3andme-results

MyOrigins 2.0: 100% Southeast Europe

Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

Eurogenes K36 oracle: 50.64% Albania_North+ 49.36% Kosovo. Population distance: 1) 1.27 Northern Albania&Kosovo

Ydna: J1-ZS241

Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who's points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ...

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg's war against the Turks.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2018 @ 02:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    lol
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 101

0 Not allowed!

The notion that women shouldn't lead or fight in battles mostly revolves around gender roles though. And in return this gender role is based on the fact that women are genetically predisposed to being physically weaker than men (lower testosterone levels).
    well yes but I'm not saying that women in conscript army should necessarily fight along men. But surely those who are weak can fulfill other roles. I simply think its unfair that the society which strives for gender equality forces its men to risk their lives or to lose years of their lives while being in the army while women do nothing of that kind.

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Uyğur
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Q-M242
    mtDNA
    H91
    Taxonomy
    Mongrel
    Politics
    Mäŋgü Täŋri Küchündä
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 214

0 Not allowed!

Women with lower estrogen and higher testosterone.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

0 Not allowed!

But isn't it true for men as well? Some are just weak/fragile and will end up being slaughtered on the battlefield like dogs. If a more capable woman can take his position, should she be allowed to?
    Yeah, but say 50% of men are capable of serving, and only 3% of women are, it doesn't negate what I said.

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaglakar View Post
    Women with lower estrogen and higher testosterone.
    But then your standards for who can and can't fight is based solely on genetics factors, when in reality women with higher testosterone usually aren't even aware of their potential. But it is a decent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisit0r View Post
    well yes but I'm not saying that women in conscript army should necessarily fight along men. But surely those who are weak can fulfill other roles. I simply think its unfair that the society which strives for gender equality forces its men to risk their lives or to lose years of their lives while being in the army while women do nothing of that kind.
    I agree when it comes to the gender equality thing. Nowadays they don't even strive for 'equality' though, it's 'equity', which basically means that everybody has the same outcome regardless of their capacities... which is fucking stupid because people work hard to get where they want and others are just given free passes for being too lazy or too stupid.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2018 @ 02:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    lol
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 101

0 Not allowed!

I agree when it comes to the gender equality thing. Nowadays they don't even strive for 'equality' though, it's 'equity', which basically means that everybody has the same outcome regardless of their capacities... which is fucking stupid because people work hard to get where they want and others are just given free passes for being too lazy or too stupid.
    well I'm not sure how it is in your country/neighborhood/work but I wouldn't want to live in such a system... this reminds me too much of USSR where a cleaning lady would earn 180r a month and an engineer 200r.. not kidding.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information