Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Is there any region of your country you never visited ?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,630
    Given: 13,516

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    You strike as very well traveled given the amount of times you've been to CA which is very cool. I've been to the south but wish I spent a little more time exploring it. New Orleans stands out as great city, I loved to the food to say the least. I also liked Chicago and really felt at home there on my visit. It's the land of weird euro mutt mixes. If you are really into your Hungarian heritage, there is a pretty strong connection to the Midwest. The northeast has the most culture per capita so if you that is worth seeing of course.
    You have certainly seen a lot of the States which is cool.
    Yes in some ways its been a wasted opportunity for me that I have been to USA all together 12 months collectively but havnt seen more states than Cali and Nevada.
    Ive always had great times though and always has been plenty to do, just get stuck with the in laws in California bit too much lol.

I would like to see the windy city Chicago too, Ive heard about the Hungrians and central European communities there. The place has lots interesting points actually including music culture.
    https://vocaroo.com/111XfdVCLjDL?fbc...XW3C8-DciJTcEs
    Disclaimer:any references to drugs or hookers are made for comedy purposes only.The author cannot be held responsible for any actions of others whom have read his posts. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.We would like to recognise the Huns conquered most of eastern central Europe in 5th century AD and that the Hungarians are the rightful inheritors and first nations people of the Carpathian Basin from their forfather Hun kin

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,860
    Given: 18,268

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oszkar07 View Post
    You have certainly seen a lot of the States which is cool.
    Yes in some ways its been a wasted opportunity for me that I have been to USA all together 12 months collectively but havnt seen more states than Cali and Nevada.
    Ive always had great times though and always has been plenty to do, just get stuck with the in laws in California bit too much lol.

I would like to see the windy city Chicago too, Ive heard about the Hungrians and central European communities there. The place has lots interesting points actually including music culture.
    Apologies for the slow response. I should add Alaska as another state I haven't visited, completely forgot that one. Other states, like Kansas and Nebraska, I drove through as quickly as possible so I can't say I've gotten a true cultural experience in each state, more of a technical visit. Regarding your time in America, I don't think you wasted time in California and Nevada because CA alone takes a lifetime to explore. Chicago is definitely worth a visit if you are in the Midwest. Cleveland is probably the most Hungarian large city in America per capita (and possibly Romanian, not sure) and there is a Hungarian museum I remember seeing on a visit. Chicago has more to offer though, so if you have a limited time in the US I would pick Chicago.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,395
    Given: 15,494

0 Not allowed!

My country is quite large, I've been in six of the ten provinces, and none of the territories. The ones I haven't visited I don't have a particular interest in, or are so similar to my home that it's not really necessary.
    Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 01:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cro
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 670

0 Not allowed!

No, there isn't. I've been really to every corner of the country; plenty of islands included.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,440
    Given: 36,803

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    In Spain: I have only been in Mallorca, Ibiza, Barcelona and Madrid

One of my main trip goals in my life is to tour Spain in train and/or bus, and explore the Castillas, Aragon, La Rioja, the northern coasts (Basque Cointry, Cantabria, Asturias and Galicia), Andalusia in the south, the mountain ranges (like Sierra de Guadarrama, Sistema Iberico, etc).

In Venezuela (my native country):I have been in most Venezuelan states, but I haven't been in the far south of the country (Canaima national park in southern Bolivar), and I have never been in the states of Delta Amacuro (except in an area in the very border with Bolivar), Monagas, Amazonas, Apure, and the Andean states of Merida and Tachira

The only Venezuelan Andean state I have been to is Trujillo.

In United states: I have been in nearly all states east of Mississippi (exception made of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Wisconsin), and have also been to Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas (I even lived in Houston, but have only been in very eastern Texas, in the areas of Houston, Galveston, Dallas-Forth Worth, etc, not in the rest of that state). All of those states I have traveled through them by ground, in different trips (even by greyhound or particular cars).

I would love to know the western parts of the country. Indeed this year I was planing for this summer to travel by ground (driving) to Las Vegas and California, but more likely I will have to cancel it this year, and go somewhere else closer to Ohio, since the gas prices are going up too much, because of the Ukrainian war. Maybe next year...
    Update: I visited Las Vegas, Nevada, at the end of March this year. I went by plain.

It was like a post bereavement trip that we made (me, my elder sister and my elder brother) to distract our minds after losing both of our parents few months before (my mom in October last year and my dad this last January).
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Apolitical Monarchism & Meritocracy - against all ideologies and utopias
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,867
    Given: 7,221

0 Not allowed!

Never been in ~70% of regions and probably will never go. Have been all over Central and Southern Russia except Caucasian republics like Dagestan or Chechen republic. I have never been behind the Ural mountains.
    Dogodine u Odesi

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information