Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Countries with the most overlooked/downplayed black, white, and Mestizo/Native populations

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by time67 View Post
    Yup. They're pretty stigmatized and shunned, except when it comes to futbol and beauty pageants. (Yes. Believe or not, Ecuador nominated two black women as Miss Ecuador including Lady Mina in 2010 and Monica Chala in 1995 and both looked straight up West African. Even Miss Ecuador 1998 looked tri-racial like a Pardo Brazilian. Go figure.)

It's weird how white Latinos are somehow less hostile towards blacks than Mestizos and Mulattoes sometimes. I remember, in high school, there were some fights where AA's and white-leaning PR's would team up to fight Mulatto DR's. This wasn't my high school at all but this was the norm: https://www.tapinto.net/articles/att...on-the-rise-wi
    Wow. Ecuador has had more Black/mulatta beauty pageants than Brazil... Still, it's a worse place to be Black than Brazil.
    I think White Latinos are less hostile to Blacks than Mestizos, but they are def. more hostile to Blacks than Mulattoes are, at least on average. In Brazil, mulattoes will mostly side with Blacks, especially in larger cities/towns or White-majority areas. It's just that Dominicans have bad blood with Haitians and that made them hate Blacks, which in combination with Spanish colonialism, led them to even hate themselves on a national scale (with due exceptions, of course).

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

0 Not allowed!

great thread

in Southern Mexico, the mestizo/white population gets downplayed a whole lot and even non-Mexicans really think its a super Amerindian region with here and there mestizos but the reality is different. They got this whole idea because non-Southern Mexicans would spread this stereotype around without even traveling out there

for example in Tabasco, the people on average look nothing like indo-mestizos or full blown Amerindians, I would never guess this was Guatemala for example, these people look a lot more mix race than the average Guatemalan

Last Online
    12-06-2020 @ 03:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Argentina
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 15

0 Not allowed!

Chile has a significant amount of white population too.

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogum View Post
    Wow. Ecuador has had more Black/mulatta beauty pageants than Brazil... Still, it's a worse place to be Black than Brazil.
    I think White Latinos are less hostile to Blacks than Mestizos, but they are def. more hostile to Blacks than Mulattoes are, at least on average. In Brazil, mulattoes will mostly side with Blacks, especially in larger cities/towns or White-majority areas. It's just that Dominicans have bad blood with Haitians and that made them hate Blacks, which in combination with Spanish colonialism, led them to even hate themselves on a national scale (with due exceptions, of course).
    I agree with everything you say. I was actually comparing mulatto DR's to white-leaning PR's. However, U.S. born DR's can be pretty cool.

I guess, from my own experience, I found it easier to befriend white Latinos from different countries as well as Tri-racial and black ones compared to Mestizo/Amerindian ones although I have Mestizo and Amerindian friends as well. I was even in a band back in high school with a white Colombian named Santiago and he and his family were really cool.

I also had a white Hispanic guy who was half Venezuelan half PR teach me some phrases in Yoruba in 2015. It was kind of interesting. Ecuadorians, Southern Mexicans, Peruvians, and Salvadorans are a tougher shell to crack but they can be pretty cool. It really depends.

Veteran Member CertifiedCracker's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 11:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Ya know them things from The Hills Have Eyes?
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Say perhaps to drugs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 84

1 Not allowed!

I’d say the US has the most overlooked Mestee groups. Im not talking about Mexicans, who are just considered Mexican, but tri-racial Mestee groups all over the country that were forced to choose between black, white, or Indian back in the day.

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    great thread

in Southern Mexico, the mestizo/white population gets downplayed a whole lot and even non-Mexicans really think its a super Amerindian region with here and there mestizos but the reality is different. They got this whole idea because non-Southern Mexicans would spread this stereotype around without even traveling out there

for example in Tabasco, the people on average look nothing like indo-mestizos or full blown Amerindians, I would never guess this was Guatemala for example, these people look a lot more mix race than the average Guatemalan

Very true. And Northern Mexicans can look pretty native as well. I believe there was a Chicano guy on the ABF who had roots in Jalisco but was Indo-Mestizo looking.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I agree with everything you say. I was actually comparing mulatto DR's to white-leaning PR's. However, U.S. born DR's can be pretty cool.

I guess, from my own experience, I found it easier to befriend white Latinos from different countries as well as Tri-racial and black ones compared to Mestizo/Amerindian ones although I have Mestizo and Amerindian friends as well. I was even in a band back in high school with a white Colombian named Santiago and he and his family were really cool.

I also had a white Hispanic guy who was half Venezuelan half PR teach me some phrases in Yoruba in 2015. It was kind of interesting. Ecuadorians, Southern Mexicans, Peruvians, and Salvadorans are a tougher shell to crack but they can be pretty cool. It really depends.
    most southern mexicans are actually central mexicans from Puebla, technically Poblanos are not southern but central mexicans
    other than poblanos, you will not encounter other type of "southern" mexicans at all, not sure why you are grouping everyone together

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Very true. And Northern Mexicans can look pretty native as well. I believe there was a Chicano guy on the ABF who had roots in Jalisco but was Indo-Mestizo looking.
    Garcia? he is genetically balance mestizo but looks indomestizo
    Jalisco is in western mexico, not the north

but yes, you can find very amerindian looking mexicans in northern and western mexico with no problem
    everywhere in Mexico you can find it, just some regions have a higher percentages than others

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

another note is that, many people think southern mexico represents a large population of Mexico, the reality is that they are only 23% of the mexican population and on genetics they are the most represented along with central mexico, while northern/western-central mexico the least represented on genetic studies, yet Mexico still comes out with a balance mestizo percentage. Now how would dna studies change if they tested 3 northern/western-central mexican states, 2 central mexican states and 1 southern mexican state, which would represent where most of the population comes from

Banned
    Last Online
    05-15-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Inuit
    Ethnicity
    Whiter than Cristiano viejo
    Ancestry
    Greenlandic
    Country
    Greenland
    Taxonomy
    Eskimid
    Politics
    Anarcho-capitalist
    Hero
    Hans-Hermann Hoppe
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 412

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogum View Post
    I feel sorry for Afro-Ecuadorians. They are despised in Ecuador and are a minority. I wish I can fund programs to get them to Brazil in the future. No one should have to live like they do.
    Let's bring Ecuadorians and Venezuelans to Brazil and send petistas to Ecuador and Venezuela in exchange.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information