Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Lekë Dukagjini, Gjon Buzuku, Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 622

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Lmao it really is. Well, a certain subset of Albanian clans were very radical with pride. Not all though. Also, from my reading, many of the Albanian tribal practices did not evolve until the mid-late 1300s. This would mean, much of the backbone of Albanian tribalism would not yet come into fruition. The tribes of Albania mentions as much. This would suggest earlier tribes were more open. Albanians on the lowlands were more open to assimilation and intermixing, as opposed to highly isolated mountain clans. This affect however is purely for paternal and maternal lineage purposes. Which explains why R1a and I2a are more common in lowland Albania. Autosomal genetics is a different matter. You may marry an Albanian girl for instance whose earliest ancestor was from Bosnia and over a few generations perhaps lost his native tongue, eventually taking an Albanian name. With time, and integration, the children of such offspring wouldn't be distinguishable.Then, with time you forget and things get jumbled in the process.

This much I know, my fathers line have been in Okshtun i Vogel for 350-400 years minimum. My region is very averse to Slavs. So it would had to have already arrived as Albanian speaking. the earliest ancestor could have been from the Baiounitai, one of the Skalavenoi tribes in the first wave. Most of which were assimilated in Greece and Albania. Also the Berzites are possible too. Being that I am negative downstream, my line could have taken a different migration. Ostrogoths sweapt through L1029 hotspots. They could have brought it earlier which would explain why I lack all the shared SNPs with other L1029 downstream.

Me and my father have a mutual autosomal match who has a Koci in their family tree(what are the odds) from Berat/Korce. They are Orthodox. So they have to be from a branch that diverged much earlier(since we are Muslims). Its scary, the communist Bako Koci from Korce looks exactly like my uncle lmao. My guess is we came from a southern clan that settled in West Macedonia, a branch of which went to Diber in Albania.

Yea I dodged the Albanian nose lmao. But, the nose is a key feature of alot of the Roman and Balkan rulers. The Dinaric type that is. I was classified as a Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid. Paleo Atlantid is a Cromagnid type. The purest of which is supposedly in a region of Denmark. It is more a western type. The dinarcization providing that South-East shift. My grandfather is Dinaricized Pontid. My maternal grandfather Dinarid with CM. Autosomal genetics can be random. Some Albanians are very blonde and blue eyed with little slavic admixture. I am not sure how genes for complexion and what not work. Perhaps you can autosomally be Albanian, but express genes associated with Slavic admixture in dominance.

My next step is to define my own cluster by testing my father with BigY.
    This could also be the case. It could also be the case that some Albo, me for instance, could be autosomally Albanian but express Slavic like genes in his/her look. The only way you will know is if you do a test.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

1 Not allowed!

Dibran, you have a Hoti friend who’s V13? All Hoti tested thus far are J2b2. Very interesting. Where is he from exactly and where has he tested?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    Dibran, you have a Hoti friend who’s V13? All Hoti tested thus far are J2b2. Very interesting. Where is he from exactly where has he tested?
    Hey Skerdilaid,

He is from Michigan as far as the states. Tested with 23andme. However, he said his father is originally an Albanian from Greek Macedonia. So perhaps thats why hes not J2b2.

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Hey Skerdilaid,

He is from Michigan as far as the states. Tested with 23andme. However, he said his father is originally an Albanian from Greek Macedonia. So perhaps thats why hes not J2b2.
    So how come he says he is fis Hoti then? Quite odd if you ask me. Anywho, it would be nice to get him on our project.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    So how come he says he is fis Hoti then? Quite odd if you ask me. Anywho, it would be nice to get him on our project.
    Because they have been there for close to 200 years if I am not mistaken. I mentioned it to him a while ago, he never did tell me if he planned on testing further.

Last Online
    02-20-2024 @ 08:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E1b-V13>CTS5856 (subclade-predictor)
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Lekë Dukagjini, Gjon Buzuku, Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    23andme has an own East Europe category so does myorigins, it will detect any East European ancestry it can. Its Balkan doesnt include East Europe, only South Slavs that share some South East Euro genes with Albanians etc are included, its been like that for years.., East European genes , West Europe etc shared with other European populations etc are seperated as best they can, thats why you see South Slavs score on average more East Europe than Albanians on myorigins and 23andme because they have more of such ancestry on average. This is also what it says on the 23andme page and average scores.

So it will detect such ancestry to some extent. But if you have only one slavic ancestor it might not detect it unless you test older generations and thats not much neither is it enough to change the racial make up of a population or make you shift more north.

23andme goes 300-500 years back, myorigins 2000 years back... scoring 20% east euro on myorigins doesnt neccessarily make you shift more north , on 23andme such a person might score few % and its not enough to make someone shift north. Such genes get dilluted unless they are really large. Like say you score 10% East Euro on 23andme, that should shift you more North. But most Albanians barely score any East Europe on 23andme.

I dont think Albs of Montenegro have any more Slavic neccessarily, ive seen Kosovars and other Albs score quite high East Europe and some of them still plotted south.

Montenegro Albs are just naturally Northern shifted, same way as some other Northern Albanian areas , as they do overlap with some other North Albanians.. its just depends on samples.

Gruda etc used to just be Malsia or part of North Albania like the rest.

So the different plotting among Albanian areas is just natural. Like any other country, North to South being the biggest difference.
    I think the recent 23andme v4 and v5 have grouped South Slavs and Albo's into one group, many members on here can attest to this. South Slavs like Bosniensis had their Balkan jump up by like 20+ %. Check out this video of Serbian girl doing 23andme test and getting 96% balkan.

As far as Slavic admixture in Albs from Montenegro, who even knows at this point. Albanians from Montenegro are still pretty Albanian as far autosomal genetics are concerned, I guess? I still haven't seen any autosomal data on us Monte Albs, which I really want to see.
    Last edited by Dukagjini; 02-14-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Last Online
    02-17-2018 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Balkan
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

^ 23andme has always included South Slavs into the Balkan cluster and also Maltese. Its been like that for years.

Its not something that came with the new chip. They just updated some peoples results. While some results didn't change at all. Weather its accurate is debatable but remember this test goes only few hundred years back.

South Slavs scoring that high Balkan isn't unheard of. But it's not your average. She also got some minor East Europe. On pca she would plot with Albanians orand close. on myorigins she would score more East euro. there are Serbs that are Serbianised to some degree. Bosniensis is quite Southern shifted, far from typical Bosniak. All depends on individual. Ive seen quite Southern shifted south slavs and some really Northern.

Youre making it seem as if every South Slav and Albanian will score same Balkan when they wont. They haven't just lumped anything Balkan into one Balkan category. Their Balkan category could aswell been named South East Europe, some of it has a more Southern shift and others a more Northern.

Your average Croat or Bosniak doesn't score that high Balkan for example. They also score significant East Europe.

23andme has a East European category, so if you have significant East European ancestry or show genetic similarity with such populations you will probably get it.

Some broadly South Euro Albanians get should fall into Balkans so should some Italian. And you'd see Albanian results get upped. Some south euro fell into Balkan for some after update I've seen Albanians score 100% Balkan.

If 23andme update is accurate is up for debate but their Balkan always included South Slavs and Maltese.

If you wanna know your East European ancestry, or North west do MyOrigins. It goes back 2000 years and detects the highest amount in Albanians of any test Ive seen. If you don't get anything there it means you don't have much significant of such ancestry. Such as having one Slavic ancestor might not show or it might but its insignificant. I agree that phenotype can express such distant genes, so do myorigins and ydna.

But such genes get dilluted so on 23andme East euro or north west euro is insignificant to have any impact anywhere where you plot if its not high .. even if you scored some East Euro etc on myorigins. Some distant slavic ancestry doesnt shift you more North. But depends on the data you use. Some Albanians scored more East Euro / North west than me on myorigins and they still shift more South.

Regarding MyHeritage, I see some Albanians score even more Greek than Greeks themselves like some do on ancestrydna italy/greece so I dont think there should be a Greek cluster either. Greece is a large country. I doubt a Cretan islander will score 90+ Greek even though they are pure Greeks. Same way Italy/Greece shouldn't be lumped together.

Greek on myheritage is probably a southern shift that peaks somewhere in Epirus, peloponnese.. same way italy/greece is a southern shift on ancestrydna and the East Europe is a northern shift .. same thing for the Balkan here.
    Last edited by Popeye; 02-15-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Hero
    MrMalus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,957
    Given: 7,024

0 Not allowed!

V3 chips are left unchanged since many years ago.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,134
    Given: 9,065

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post

U used my results? Not even ask Anyways i score high Balkan bcz mother sides family is Hungarian.

Last Online
    02-19-2018 @ 09:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by begg View Post
    U used my results? Not even ask Anyways i score high Balkan bcz mother sides family is Hungarian.
    A lot of Albanians that are 100% Albanian score high Balkan on this. I myself got 43%. But I have seen way higher like almost 100%.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information