Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What Did Jesus Really Look Like?

Last Online
    09-13-2018 @ 12:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Brownish I guess. Similar to Sephardic Jews today.

Last Online
    09-13-2018 @ 12:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Antikvlt View Post
    I've heard of some people said the historical Jesus' biological father was a Roman soldier,I think Jesus might look like a Southern Italian/Sicilian(European+ME)

That's a long held rumor with little proof.

If he actually was the son of a Roman soldier, he'd probably look like a modern Ashkenazi. He'd have the exact same genetic makeup-half Israeli and half European.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Roma
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b>M92>CTS2906>S8230>Z38463*
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,573
    Given: 3,466

0 Not allowed!

You god damn imbecile Indian, jesus was a fully white individual.

The Description of Publius Lentullus

The following was taken from a manuscript in the possession of Lord Kelly, and in his library, and was copied from an original letter of Publius Lentullus at Rome. It being the usual custom of Roman Governors to advertise the Senate and people of such material things as happened in their provinces in the days of Tiberius Caesar, Publius Lentullus, President of Judea, wrote the following epistle to the Senate concerning the Nazarene called Jesus.

"There appeared in these our days a man, of the Jewish Nation, of great virtue, named Yeshua [Jesus], who is yet living among us, and of the Gentiles is accepted for a Prophet of truth, but His own disciples call Him the Son of God- He raiseth the dead and cureth all manner of diseases. A man of stature somewhat tall, and comely, with very reverent countenance, such as the beholders may both love and fear, his hair of (the colour of) the chestnut, full ripe, plain to His ears, whence downwards it is more orient and curling and wavering about His shoulders. In the midst of His head is a seam or partition in His hair, after the manner of the Nazarenes. His forehead plain and very delicate; His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red; His nose and mouth so formed as nothing can be reprehended; His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick- In reproving hypocrisy He is terrible; in admonishing, courteous and fair spoken; pleasant in conversation, mixed with gravity. It cannot be remembered that any have seen Him Laugh, but many have seen Him Weep. In proportion of body, most excellent; His hands and arms delicate to behold. In speaking, very temperate, modest, and wise. A man, for His singular beauty, surpassing the children of men"
    The letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar

This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.

TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews -- not the poor but the rich and powerful.

Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day.

Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offense and as others have said, we must agree -- truly this is the Son of God.

Your most obedient servant,
    Pontius Pilate
    The Emerald of Caesar

This Likeness of Jesus was copied from a portrait carved on an emerald by order of Tiberius Caesar, which emerald the Emperor of the Turks afterwards gave out of the Treasury of Constantinople to Pope Innocent VIII for the redemption of his brother, taken captive by the Christians.

"The Archko Volume"

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,176
    Given: 3,162

0 Not allowed!

There is a reference to his appearance in the book of revelations and supposedly he had White hair and eyes like fire.

Revelation 1:14-15
    “The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters."

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,890
    Given: 24,545

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arkas View Post
    There is a reference to his appearance in the book of revelations and supposedly he had White hair and eyes like fire.

Revelation 1:14-15
    “The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters."
    Longbowman? Makes sense considering that Jesus was a Jew and all.

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,176
    Given: 3,162

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    Longbowman? Makes sense considering that Jesus was a Jew and all.
    Longbowman looks Iberian to me, I think Jesus would've looked Armenid or Orientalid

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post

John Le Gay Brereton

I don't see how an ancient Levantine man wouldn't have been able to resemble a standard Mediterranean person.
    Jesus was full MENA, not some European- Jewish mix painted by Akiane Kramarik. That being said, it's completely normal that people depict certain things in different ways. It's still quite close. Same thing with Rembrandt [1] and Michelangelo. [2]

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_o...st_(Rembrandt)
    [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_(Michelangelo)

I mean i honestly think Akiane could have painted more Jewish Jesus. But whatever that girl saw in her dreams. It's still beautiful.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Tropically adapted gallaeci
    Ethnicity
    Sleepless
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sardinia
    Politics
    Fascism gets ignorant people fascinated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,238
    Given: 1,174

0 Not allowed!

Só much ignorance.Jesus was not fully jewish, his father(god) was white when alive, so Jesus looked italian.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,621
    Given: 1,536

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Levant15 View Post
    Jesus looked like this, my uncle.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
    Minus the straight hair tho. Handsome uncle btw hehehe

This Israeli Jew might be close (but again with curly hair):

Quote Originally Posted by Yaglakar View Post
    Ashkenazi Jew aka assimilated European.

Average look based on excavations of skeletal remains of people living in Judea and Samaria during the time interval that Jesus supposedly lived in.
    I hate that fucking dumb likeness of Jesus. It's so unrealistic! A chubby man!? Really? Lool wtf. Jesus was on a ministry, he fasted, he stressed, he went here and there, faced hate --- this will make you not eat much....He was most likely a skinny hippie, probably had gandhi's gracile build

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,000
    Given: 1,852

0 Not allowed!

jesus was a serb
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information