Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did Jesus Really Look Like?

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,153
    Given: 13,521

0 Not allowed!

Perhaps something like this:

One of the reconstructions based on the Turin Shroud

Last Online
    08-02-2014 @ 01:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Pontid-BaltoCM
    Politics
    God, Family, Homeland
    Hero
    Slobodan Praljak
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 48

0 Not allowed!

He was surely Aurignacid,while saint Peter was probably very robust.

Judging by the character.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerKing View Post
    That's true as well. I used to think they were White as in European but that's far from reality. Jesus was a Jew who are genetically middle eastern/West Asian. In other words he is more related to a Arab muslim race of Middle east than to any European.
    Depends on whether you believe in the divinity of Jesus or not.

Last Online
    06-10-2015 @ 12:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 792

1 Not allowed!

That's true as well. I used to think they were White as in European but that's far from reality. Jesus was a Jew who are genetically middle eastern/West Asian. In other words he is more related to a Arab muslim race of Middle east than to any European.

95% of the time the Jesus portrayed in movies never looked them.

These people you depict are a mixture of southern semites and central semites. Pure central semites(such as what Jews used to be) look like this:

or this

or this

Even the Askhanzi Jews today are not pure ancient Jews. They are mixture of Middle eastern Jews and Europeans but closer to Middle eastern.

Real ancient Jews. Some of them have green/blue eyes and light brown hair but still looks semetic and nothing like European.

It's very possible this guy was Jesus but is not confirmed that he is.
    There is a big difference between those two. Top are mixed. In the bottom, they guessed his beard and skin color. As you can see, the bottom's cranial structure is more like the people I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Solin View Post
    Perhaps something like this:

One of the reconstructions based on the Turin Shroud
    Probably very accurate. He particularly resembles the middle picture I posted. Pure central Semite.

My Countship is not of this world Comte Arnau's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-18-2015 @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European (Romanic)
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    Pyrenean
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    W/S Europid
    Politics
    Sovereigntism
    Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

< La Catalogne peut se passer de l'univers entier, et ses voisins ne peuvent se passer d'elle. > Voltaire

Last Online
    05-24-2015 @ 08:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Nordid
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Nothing authentic about a depiction that shows Him with long hair.

He didn't have long hair.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

2 Not allowed!

Default What Did Jesus Really Look Like?

We know from the Bible that Jesus was "nothing to look at".

"He has no stately form or majesty that we should look upon him, nor appearance that we should be attracted to him" (Isaiah 53:2).

In other words, his appearance was rather ordinary. That’s all we’re told. It must, then, be an important point. What is the point? This: Jesus became an ordinary person to show ordinary people like us God’s extraordinary love.

Jesus was dismissed as the Messiah because he was from an ordinary place and appeared ordinary, which meant that he couldn’t have been the real deal and therefore had to be silenced. Why do people, why do we ourselves dismiss Jesus today? For the same reasons. He just doesn’t have the credentials. He doesn’t speak in catchy sound bites. He doesn’t appear on "Survivor." He doesn’t offer stock options. He’s sort of invisible.

But you have to look beyond the appearance of things to the reason for the appearance. Why did Jesus appear ordinary? Because you think you’re ordinary. Jesus took on ordinary flesh and blood, came from an ordinary place and hung out with ordinary people in order to show you that God loves an ordinary person like you (Hebrews 2:14). When he appeared, he hung out with ordinary folks such as himself, not the high and mighty. He became thoroughly acquainted with ordinary human flesh.

Twice in this verse Isaiah says the Servant was "despised." There was nothing about him that would cause anyone to think he was a king.

Jesus was "a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." This does not mean that Jesus was a sinner but that sin affected him deeply. The word "sorrow," though used in connection with sin in Isaiah 53, was usually used to convey mental and emotional anguish. He was a "man of sorrows"—to some extent he was characterized by mental and emotional anguish. Because of sin, Jesus suffered mental and emotional anguish. The word "grief," also used here in connection with sin, was usually used to convey illness or weakness. Because of sin, Jesus was "acquainted with grief" it’s as if he’s had so much experience with illness and weakness that he knows them personally.

Why was Jesus a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief? Certainly, it has something to do with the way he was treated. If you’re despised, you’re likely to experience sorrow and grief. But if you’re despised and you love the people who despise you, you will grieve for them. The Pharisees despised Jesus, but he was "grieved at their hardness of heart" (Mark 3:5). And somehow, the Servant also bore the griefs and carried the sorrows of others (Isaiah 53:4). That’s just what Jesus did on the cross (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24). Sin causes sorrow and grief for the sinner and the victim. In his life, and particularly in his death, Jesus felt that grief and sorrow. And if in the end you feel that you are on the verge of being forsaken by God himself, you might say what Jesus said in the Garden of Gethsemane, just before he was abandoned by God as he suffered for sins (Mark 15:34): "My soul is deeply grieved to the point of death..." (Mark 14:34).

Jesus was also "like one from whom men hide their face." In other words, he was shunned. In the end, Jesus was a pariah—like a leper. Even his disciples didn’t want to be associated with him, lest they end up on a cross like his. Jesus warned someone who wanted to follow him: "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head" (Luke 9:58). He knew loneliness.

In the last line of this stanza, Isaiah says once again that the Servant was despised and adds that "we did not esteem him." The word translated "esteem" is an accounting term used in assessing the value of something. The Servant is seen has having no value. Jesus was seen has having no value, even among his own countrymen-especially among his own countrymen: "He came to his own, and those who were his own did not receive him" (John 1:11).

Because Jesus challenged the agendas of the day and offered people a different agenda, he was despised, forsaken, sorrowful, grieving and lonely. He was thought of has having no value. He loved the people so much that he was willing to endure the worst human treatment imaginable in order to offer them a better way. He loved them enough not only to challenge them but to weep for them as they rejected him. When he approached Jerusalem for the final time, he wept over it, saying, "If you had known this day, even you, the things which make for peace!" (Luke 19:41-42).

Jesus stated, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24).

The Old Testament is rife with passages that establish God as the ultimate Judge. When we come to the New Testament, we find that the Father has committed authority and judgment to the Son. Jesus spoke of this authority before He ascended to heaven after the Resurrection (Matthew 28:18).

“For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.” (John 5:22)

“I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.” (John 12:46–48)

Last Online
    11-24-2021 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    The Magician
    Country
    Faroes
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Knight of Wands
    Religion
    Branch CoVidian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,957
    Given: 2,508

5 Not allowed!

Jesus was probably some long-haired druggie who flipped and thought he was Jesus.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Divine Nerdic superiority
    Ethnicity
    Northsea Germanic
    Ancestry
    Chauk
    Country
    Netherlands
    Taxonomy
    Nordid with borrbey
    Politics
    Me
    Religion
    Wisdom and perfecting myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,537
    Given: 3,021

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Jesus was probably some long-haired druggie who flipped and thought he was the son of god.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H