Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

3 Not allowed!

Default DEBUNKED: Cheddar Man is NOT BLACK

By ASuperEgyptian:

CHEDDAR MAN: He does already have genes that are associated with extremely light skin pigmentation and freckles in modern day Europeans namely IRF4 and he was heterozygous for one of the red hair mutations which in and of itself causes a lot of depigmentation. I think the authors overplayed their hand on this new algorithm which is not freely available to the public and rushed to conclusions with a clear political intent. So yes the algorithm might have predicted that the person skin color was the darkest two tones; but the prediction could have been crap! The 10 SNPs panel predicts it to have Black skin based on 4 SNPs; however Loschbour get a vastly different prediction when adding 3 more SNPs in spite of having a similar genetic profile in those SNPs.
    So..yeah. Cheddar man was never Black, and he is very closely related to today's Europeans than to sub-saharan africans in terms of morphology and genetics.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 08:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

1 Not allowed!

I knew some shit about it was sketchy

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    I knew some shit about it was sketchy
    It was used for political reasons. Cheddar man does not resemble to any Black group, and genetically speaking, he's very closely related to the peoples of the British isles and beyond.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

0 Not allowed!

There's nothing to debunk really, they just made his skin tone a lot more darker than actually was, but he was still very much swarthy skinned as all other native Europeans from his time, prior to contact with Neolithics.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

He looked better black

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-13-2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,036
    Given: 1,056

1 Not allowed!

He wasn't "black" to begin with, nothing Negroid about his morphology (the reconstruction does not match the skull, but nothing "black" even about it), no matter the skin color.
    And the fact that Native Europeans lacked light skin alleles present among IE and Neolithic (doesn't mean they didn't have their own version) is not anything new, I don't know why they've started making fuss out of it just now.

99% of people participating in discussions surrounding this matter on the internet should be castrated, declaring a 10.000 year old man as being "black" or "Briton". He was close to neither.

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Romance/Celtic/Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American Admixture
    Ancestry
    Austro-Hungarian Empire, Netherlands, Belgium, French/Irish, Scottish, English, German
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L813 (I1a1b3b)
    mtDNA
    H3v
    Politics
    Green/Independent
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!

First of all, this isn't real news. It's news with an agenda. The skin colour of skeletal remains found pales in comparison to so many other bits of information such as disease resistance, mutations since then, and comparative analysis with other remains including the remains found which are dated 5,000 years before him! To be fair, a light-skinned skeleton found in the Americas, for instance, does nothing to justify the atrocities committed against Native Americans or the mass displacements even if leftists fear this happening. You can't use partial science without discrediting it when you need it for informed decisions on matters such as climate change and pollution.
    The leftist agenda of trying to legitimize the changing culture - a culture which actually runs counter to the values inherent in representative democracies. The changing culture comes from regions of the world without self-developed democracy, sometimes unstable governance and poor infrastructure, and a long history of theocracy intertwined with monarchy and dictatorship which is exactly what threw Europe into the Dark Ages and often threatened the Renaissance! This has nothing to do with skin colour but everything to do with deep-seated cultural values. Decades of women's rights such as being able to attend a public concert or walking safely at night are being threatened in Germany and Sweden and perhaps soon in Britain as then rights to work, vote, and equal pay will eventually get challenged if immigrants don't take on a British value system and leave their old one behind.
    I've seen it this cultural battle here in America in less pronounced ways. Don't get me wrong, for many people immigrating are nice in person, friendly, and non-threatening until you challenge their archaic points of view on ethnocentrism, sex roles, and more. They then rescind their friendship, stop hanging out with you, and start building up the necessary social and psychological barriers to remain close-minded which prevents their integration into society. With enough immigrants doing this, it fractures the national identity and threatens the means of governance.
    In those ways, close-minded immigrants unwilling to leave behind the systems of their former home are as bad as white supremacists. Many white supremacists have the same beliefs on sex roles and are equally ethnocentrist. The left is humorously destroying its own agenda by supporting an anti-white supremacist supremacy. It practically has me laughing if I wasn't crying for the losses anticipated in the future. What does it matter what we look like on the surface? The tint of our skin, the colour of our eyes, the texture of our hair means nothing when it is time to assess someone on their actions toward others, their strongly held convictions and their values.
    Since 2017, I've been searching for my paternal side's original surname and origin. Preliminary evidence suggests the last name is either Lesnick or Lesnak from Slovakia.
    Lesnick/Lesnak yDNA: I1-L813 (U5a2 is the associated mtDNA from great-great grandmother from Slovakia)

Maternal mtDNA: H3v (Netherlands origin)
    Paternal-Maternal mtDNA: T2b

Thread Information