Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    the Protestant heresy
    Religion: Lapsed Catholic (agnostic spiritual)

??????????????????

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 10:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Albanian from Okshtuni Vogel, Diber, Albania
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L1029* (terminal founder clade not yet defined)
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Non Denominational Muslim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 1,855

0 Not allowed!

In short, from my studies, its evident that all religions are bastardizations of a central source that they all hold commonly true. This central message was then(in a form of synchronization) blending with elements of pagan Dogma. Christianity for instance has the Trinity. A concept that anyone with a basic familiarity religious studies will tell you is an addition to the original followers belief. It was sourced like much of religious rites and practices from pagan beliefs. the trinity is based on Mithraism. In the case of Islam, the same happens with Syncretism with Pre-Islamic Pagan Arab religion as well as deriving a large source of its beliefs from texts called "Hadith & Sunnah", written during the time of the Islamic conquest of Persia. Most of these beliefs and prophecies are bastardizations of Zoroastrianism. The truth as I see it, many believe in God, most do not do so without some form of idol worship. Be it apparent(actual stone idols) or not(following practices never rooted from the source message). There is a common source all Abrahamic faiths share, and that I believe, is a foundation of natural law, and as laid out by the 10 commandments, common between all and and the central foundation of preventing a corruptible and chaotic society.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    In short, from my studies, its evident that all religions are bastardizations of a central source that they all hold commonly true. This central message was then(in a form of synchronization) blending with elements of pagan Dogma. Christianity for instance has the Trinity. A concept that anyone with a basic familiarity religious studies will tell you is an addition to the original followers belief. It was sourced like much of religious rites and practices from pagan beliefs. the trinity is based on Mithraism. In the case of Islam, the same happens with Syncretism with Pre-Islamic Pagan Arab religion as well as deriving a large source of its beliefs from texts called "Hadith & Sunnah", written during the time of the Islamic conquest of Persia. Most of these beliefs and prophecies are bastardizations of Zoroastrianism. The truth as I see it, many believe in God, most do not do so without some form of idol worship. Be it apparent(actual stone idols) or not(following practices never rooted from the source message). There is a common source all Abrahamic faiths share, and that I believe, is a foundation of natural law, and as laid out by the 10 commandments, common between all and and the central foundation of preventing a corruptible and chaotic society.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,160

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Religion: Lapsed Catholic (agnostic spiritual)

??????????????????
    Lapsed Catholics are still considered part of the Church, in the hope they return as practicing. Kinda hard to explain, but people go through issues with faith. Even the most strong Christians. (We are all sinners).

My main point is that a lot of what Protestants say about real Catholics is based on myths. I get annoyed by it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    I wouldn't have expected any different of a response. After all, you're Traditional Conservative, and Christian. Self-explanatory. As a Christian can you explain one thing to me? How do you take a Y-DNA test, which essentially is the result of a human procreation, as is even evident that Sperm from a human male is required to have a male son, and still believe in immaculate conception? A Pagan rooted belief that has rooted itself in all the Abrahamic faiths? And just ignoring religion all together, how do you still believe such anti-scientific rhetoric despite you having taken a YDNA test? An answer like "God can do whatever he wants" will not suffice. God created the cosmos, so the cosmos follows some rules and laws. That means procreation is the same for everyone. Hence Jesus had a father.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,160

1 Not allowed!

I used to be quite tolerant of all Christian sects. Until I came across the internet and that amount of nonsense people say on Catholics. I found most of it coming from Protestants. Thats why currently myself have some issues even with Catholicism (though its my favorite and raised religion).

You are right. Religions all borrow from others. Without Zoroastrianism and Bablyon, Judaism wouldnt exist, without that Christianity, without that Islam.
    Even those Christ believers (outside of the two big Churches) borrowed stuff from early Church fathers, Catholic or Orthodox teachings, then Protestant.
    Every independant Christian borrowed something else.

Last Online
    07-10-2020 @ 08:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Wuhanian
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 344

0 Not allowed!

Christians: stay away from Christianity.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Albanian American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck It
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    I used to be quite tolerant of all Christian sects. Until I came across the internet and that amount of nonsense people say on Catholics. I found most of it coming from Protestants. Thats why currently myself have some issues even with Catholicism (though its my favorite and raised religion).

You are right. Religions all borrow from others. Without Zoroastrianism and Bablyon, Judaism wouldnt exist, without that Christianity, without that Islam.
    Even those Christ believers (outside of the two big Churches) borrowed stuff from early Church fathers, Catholic or Orthodox teachings, then Protestant.
    Every independant Christian borrowed something else.
    Exactly. I agree. Out of Christians for instance, there is a group called Unitarians. They seem to be part of a reformation to separate the pagan additions. They don't even hold to the Trinitarian concept either.

With Muslims there is a group that are trying to sift through the same additions of their faith, (i adopt some aspect of this as well). They are largely cracked down on by Islamic Countries. Egypt is actually notorious for arresting their followers and keeping them with terrorist prisons. "Heretics" according to them. They call this group Quraniyoon.

Literally 99 percent of what Muslims believe is not even from their book. We also know the original bible was heavily tampered with by the Byzantine Empire to created the newly accepted "Christianity" which many modern Christians derive their belief from today.

Religion is a powerful tool. It is foolish to believe it was free of manipulation.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't have expected any different of a response. After all, you're Traditional Conservative, and Christian. Self-explanatory. As a Christian can you explain one thing to me? How do you take a Y-DNA test, which essentially is the result of a human procreation, as is even evident that Sperm from a human male is required to have a male son, and still believe in immaculate conception? A Pagan rooted belief that has rooted itself in all the Abrahamic faiths? And just ignoring religion all together, how do you still believe such anti-scientific rhetoric despite you having taken a YDNA test? An answer like "God can do whatever he wants" will not suffice. God created the cosmos, so the cosmos follows some rules and laws. That means procreation is the same for everyone. Hence Jesus had a father.
    If God could create the entire universe out of nothing, there's no reason to believe he couldn't get Mary pregnant despite not having a penis or testicles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information