Cambodia
    Y-DNA
    Paleolithic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    I cant say im some pure slav when I am 30% Slavic or so genetically I cant just pretend. Obviously alot of our ancestors were vlachs/illyrian more than slavic. Poles and Ukranians and other true slavs KNOW that we are assimalated balkanites on here its very clear we cant pretend
    I'm talking about look not about genetic.
    You look more Slavic than some Poles, regardless they are genetically more Slavic than you.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,173
    Given: 5,255

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chyyris View Post
    I'm talking about look not about genetic.
    You look more Slavic than some Poles, regardless they are genetically more Slavic than you.
    No I dont I am a Gorid Dinarid mix. I look south slav. Bosniensis summed it up well here he crushes all of you

Bosniensis can't be destroyed because those are not my theories but numbers on black and white paper.

I have confirmed, multiple times that most of us Serbs and Bosniaks are assimilated into Slavic community, and we do not negate our partial slavic ancestry, slavs are great peoples, but
    our Native Balkan ancestry is even greater.

I would be lying if I said that I am 100% Slav, I am not.. I am barely around 30%.
    Last edited by Decius; 02-23-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-27-2018 @ 08:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    :)
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,008
    Given: 868

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    Albanians are Illyrians like I'm Queen Elizabeth.
    So who are they, whose descendants are they if not Illyrian? Martian?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

We are Hungo-Avars not Illyrians, aka. Scourge of God.... we pillage, plunder, kill natives.

Yarrr

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Magnus7 View Post
    Why Croatian (those who lives in Dalmatia) deny their Illyrian ancestry? They can’t do it, Illyrian populated Dalmatia already in 1100/1200 BC, during the Roman Empire occupation of Dalmatia the Illyrian Dalmatian got Romanized, so they divided from the rest of Southern Illyrian like Albanian, they started speaking a language derived from Latin, the Dalmatian. Slavs and Avars arrived in the Balkan around 600/650 AD they looted the Illyrian Romanized cities in the Cost of Dalmatia but they didn’t occupy them, they just occupy the outback. They were part of the Croatian Kingdom but they always supported us Venetian when we start to navigate and trade there. Cities like Zara, Ragusa, Spalato were full of Illyrian Romanized. We conquered Zara twice and helped them, also Ragusa but in 1358 we lost it, in 1382 the Illyrian of Ragusa founded the Republic of Ragusa, an Illyrian country, it lasted until 1808 and they used to speak the Dalmatian language. The rest of Dalmatia was sell to us from Hungarian in 1409 and we keep it until 1797. The facts really change with the Austrian-Hungarian domination on the XIX century with the Slavization of Dalmatia and Istria ofc also Trieste and Gorizia territories, it continued in Dalmatian territories also during Yugoslavian Kingdom and after in Istria too with Tito’s era.
    So yeah why deny all of that because of just less than 200 years of Slavization?
    We never supported Venice (except against Ottomans), you guys made Dalmatia most backward province of future Austria-Hungary, because you didn't like competition.

And we don't deny Illyrian roots, actually we are proud of them But first and foremost we are Slavic.

Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 05:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Slight Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Croatian Thalmorian
    Country
    Croatia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    We never supported Venice (except against Ottomans), you guys made Dalmatia most backward province of future Austria-Hungary, because you didn't like competition.

And we don't deny Illyrian roots, actually we are proud of them But first and foremost we are Slavic.
    Datz right.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In 1409 Ladislas of Naples, a claimant to the throne of Hungary, sold Venice his rights to Dalmatia. By 1420 Venice controlled virtually all of Dalmatia except Dubrovnik. The Venetians made Dalmatia their poorest, most backward province: they reduced Dalmatian local autonomy, cut the forests, and stifled industry. Venice also restricted education, so that Zadar, the administrative center of Dalmatia, lacked even a printing press until 1796. Despite centuries of struggle for dominance of the region and exploitation by Venice, Dalmatia produced several first-rate artists and intellectuals, including the sculptor Radovan, Juraj Dalmatinac, an architect and sculptor, writer Ivan Gundulic, and scientist Rudjer Boskovic.

By the establishment of Venetian rule throughout Dalmatia in 1420 an end was put to the civil dissensions which had agitated the maritime cities since the death of Lewis in 1382. Dalmatia under the settled government of a great commercial power advanced rapidly in wealth and prosperity. The arts flourished, noble buildings sprang up, the treasuries were enriched with beautiful work of the goldsmith or silversmith, and while artists from the other shore of the Adriatic were invited into the country, the native Dalmatians proved themselves by no means deficient in power both of design and execution, and some among them attained celebrity and eminence among the artists of Italy herself.

From this time till the eighteenth century the history of Dalmatia is simply a narrative of resistance to the westward progress of Turkish conquest. To the policy no less than the resolution of the Republic of S. Mark, and the stubborn valour of her Dalmatian subjects, Europe is indebted for the safety of Italy, the country for which the Turk ever hungered, but on which, except for a moment at Otranto, he never set foot.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
    So who are they, whose descendants are they if not Illyrian? Martian?
    There are couple theories of Albanian origin.

Main fact against their Illyrian origin is that nowadays Albanian language is from Satem group (nowadays "eastern" languages including Balto-Slavic).

Illyrian language was from Centum group (nowadays "western" languages, including Hellenic, Celtic, Italic, Germanic).

Interesting fact is that Albanian language has lot of Balto-Slavic influence, especially Litvanian language which supports theory that they came with Slavs.

There is also big time gap in Byzantine documents when Illyrians are mentioned last time and when Albanians are mentioned first time.

Maybe nowadays Albanians incorporated some people from Illyrian origin but they did not preserve their culture and language. That is the same like claiming Hungarians are Slavs because of people of Slavic origin in Hungary.

Besides that, there is claim of Illyrian roots in modern Croatian/Dalmatian people:

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    There are couple theories of Albanian origin.

Main fact against their Illyrian origin is that nowadays Albanian language is from Satem group (nowadays "eastern" languages including Balto-Slavic).

Illyrian language was from Centum group (nowadays "western" languages, including Hellenic, Celtic, Italic, Germanic).
    It was never proven weather Illyrian language was centum or satem.

Interesting fact is that Albanian language has lot of Balto-Slavic influence, especially Litvanian language which supports theory that they came with Slavs.

There is also big time gap in Byzantine documents when Illyrians are mentioned last time and when Albanians are mentioned first time.

Maybe nowadays Albanians incorporated some people from Illyrian origin but they did not preserve their culture and language. That is the same like claiming Hungarians are Slavs because of people of Slavic origin in Hungary.
    Albanians have some limited slavic influence, but they didn't come with Slavs and Albanian/Illyrian relationship is incomparable with Hungarian/Slavic relationship.

Besides that, there is claim of Illyrian roots in modern Croatian/Dalmatian people:
    Only genetically. We are mix of Polish like people and Albanian like people, it's not too much of a mystery.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-27-2018 @ 08:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    :)
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,008
    Given: 868

1 Not allowed!

Only genetically. We are mix of Polish like people and Albanian like people, it's not too much of a mystery.
    Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why don't we then plot particularly close to either Poles or Albanians?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information