Thread: Denis Villeneuve

Kouros

1 Not allowed!

Default Denis Villeneuve

Robocop posted about Blade Runner 2049 so I thought I would make this thread about the underrated director behind it. I've only seen Blade Runner, Arrival, and Enemy so far and there really is nothing else like them. Great movies that I'd recommend to anyone. It's sad what happened with the Blade Runner 2049 box office because I think it was truly a great movie - a rarity for remakes of 80s/90s classics. Very consistent and skilled filmmaker, everything write down to the soundtrack and casting is top notch.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Blade Runner 2049 is a 2017 American science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. A sequel to the 1982 film Blade Runner, the film stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, with Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista, and Jared Leto in supporting roles. Edward James Olmos also appears briefly in his role from the original film. Set thirty years after the first film, Gosling plays K, a blade runner who uncovers a secret that threatens to instigate a war between humans and replicants.

Based on Phillip K. Dick's: 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'

Arrival (2016)

Arrival is a 2016 American science fiction drama film directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Eric Heisserer. It is based on the 1998 short story "Story of Your Life" by Ted Chiang, and stars Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, and Forest Whitaker. The film follows a linguist enlisted by the U.S. Army to discover why aliens have arrived on Earth before tensions lead to war.

Enemy (2013)

Enemy is a 2013 psychological thriller film directed by Denis Villeneuve, produced by M. A. Faura and Niv Fichman and written by Javier Gullón, loosely adapted from José Saramago's 2002 novel The Double.[4] The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal in a dual role as two men who are physically identical, but different in personality. Mélanie Laurent, Sarah Gadon, and Isabella Rossellini co-star. It is internationally co-produced by production companies from Spain and Canada.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

0 Not allowed!

Great thread . Agree, he is excellent director and he is amongst the best in this moment, no doubt.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246